Majestico

Endless Forms Most Beautiful (2015) - Pt. II

2,675 posts in this topic

It seems like the actors for the Elan video will portray the band members?

Me and Mr Vesa Vierikko who was acting in my scene for the upcoming Nightwish video! This man is a legend!!

10715_10204780576866884_8009451459297432

i don't see how. I think you misread, it says "acting in my scene", which probably means acting in the part where I appear...

On-topic, I agree, the reviews are really good, and I'm thankful and curious, but at the same time, I don't think one listen is enough to give a rating. Either way, I'm getting more and more impatient.....

Ok, I'm super excited now!! I can't wait to finally place my preorders.

Before I do that, is there a website or place gathering all of the links to possible preorders? I know there are the NB and NBUSA ones, and the NW shop, but are there any other ones worth looking into? I know the last two albums there were some releases with signed things, I wasn't sure if there was this time around.

Thanks for any info!

Ok, I'm super excited now!! I can't wait to finally place my preorders.

Before I do that, is there a website or place gathering all of the links to possible preorders? I know there are the NB and NBUSA ones, and the NW shop, but are there any other ones worth looking into? I know the last two albums there were some releases with signed things, I wasn't sure if there was this time around.

Thanks for any info!

Amazon UK has the album on pre-order. 

They only have 3 editions of the album:

Album CD (Standard)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Endless-Forms-Most-Beautiful-Nightwish/dp/B00S8I66JK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421599741&sr=8-1&keywords=nightwish+endless+forms+most+beautiful

Digibook 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Endless-Forms-Most-Beautiful-Digibook/dp/B00S6K4UMK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421599741&sr=8-2&keywords=nightwish+endless+forms+most+beautiful

Vinyl (Most probably Black but I honestly have no idea) 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Endless-Forms-Most-Beautiful-VINYL/dp/B00S6K51J6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421599741&sr=8-3&keywords=nightwish+endless+forms+most+beautiful

On-topic, I agree, the reviews are really good, and I'm thankful and curious, but at the same time, I don't think one listen is enough to give a rating. Either way, I'm getting more and more impatient.....

I agree with regards to the number of times listening before being able to really give a "judged" rating. If I think the case with most of my favourite albums at the moment (by any artist) is that none of them made an instant impact of being "my new favourite" on first listening. Instead, they created an interest to listen more, to get more out of them

- “Shudder Before The Beautiful” has a short spoken part before going straight into a kick-ass album opener similar to Dark Chest of Wonders

Hell. Y.E.S.

I always kept thinking that they kind of needed a better opener. I like a lot Storytime, or BBB, but I don't think that they were as worthy to open as Dark Chest of Wonders. Also thought about that when they opened Showtime Storytime with DCoW. So this is very very good news. (In my opinion, by the way =) )

- “Shudder Before The Beautiful” has a short spoken part before going straight into a kick-ass album opener similar to Dark Chest of Wonders

Hell. Y.E.S.

I always kept thinking that they kind of needed a better opener. I like a lot Storytime, or BBB, but I don't think that they were as worthy to open as Dark Chest of Wonders. Also thought about that when they opened Showtime Storytime with DCoW. So this is very very good news. (In my opinion, by the way =) )

But neither of those songs were album openers. If Poet and the Pendulum is not an epic opener I don't know what is!

Hell. Y.E.S.

Yup. I'm also super excited about the opener being a Dark Chest Of Wonder-ish kick in the face!

Hey beautiful finns of the forum. You all look lovely today. :P

If someone could translate that, we would aprreciate it! :D

That Imperiumi-review roughly translated:

The first few paragraphs are going through the usual:3 years since Imagenaerum, singer changing, Jukka's situation and the controversy caused by Richard Dawkins. Nothing new.

Shudder Before the Beatiful:

Starts calmly with Richard Dawkins saying a few words, then explodes being a energetic start to the record in the similar vein with Stargazers and Dark Chest of Wonders. The riff has similarities with Storytime, but the pace of the song is quicker. In the middle of the song the is a rather unusual solo, where Emppu and Tuomas go back and forth and in the writers opinion that's one of the most impressive solo sections in NW's catalog. He also likes the chorus. Good start for setlist.

Weak Fantasy:

One of the heaviest songs of the record. The verse is calm and acoustic, the chorus is very heavy and aggressive. No "hit" melody's, a crushing song.

Élan:

Troy gets to shine here. The reviewer thinks this is maybe a bit too safe choice for lead single and doesn't give a good overall picture of the record. Reasonably light song and the reviewer predicts heavy airplay for it.

Yours Is an Empty Hope:

After light Élan back to the heavier side again. The orchestrations bring rugged edge to the song and the chorus is bombastic and gloomy. Another very heavy song and Floor uses her aggressive singing here.

Our Decades in the Sun:

Starts with a sci-fi like intro and then starts growing as other instruments join in. Floor sings like a goddess here, putting in lots of emotion. Electric guitars join in the middle of the song. Very calm and picturesque song.

My Walden:

Named after Henry David Thoreau's book simple and independent lifestyle. Lighter song in the vein of Élan, happy chorus, Troys pipes, acoustic middle part. Another potential single. 

Endless Forms Most Beautiful:

Has a earworm-like chorus, potential bigger hit. C-part is slower and the final chorus is modulated a bit higher (so the She Is My SIn/Ever Dream of this record I personally predicted)

Edema Ruh:

Continues the vein of Élan and My Walden. Chorus being the highlight and Marco sings with Troy's pipes. Radio friendly.

Alpenglow:

The reviewer thinks this songs is rather forgettable. Standard structure, guitars are the best part.

The Eyes of Sharbat Gula:

Instrumental, which works as prologue to the final song. An odd, melancholic and bleak song where acoustic guitars, piano, flutes play melodies representing Gulas piercing gaze in that world famous picture.

Greatest Show on Earth:

This points at evolution of course. This is the most grand. ambitious and biggest song NW has ever done. Starts with a very long piano intro and during the song different themes change so often it's really hard to make anything out of it in one listen. Different kinds of emotions alter more than in the rest of the record combined. Floor singing, Marco singing, all kinds of instruments played by Troy, percussions, sounds of organisms, orchestral parts, basically anything you can do with music. Despite all this going on, the song still holds together and it isn't disoriented. Dawkins as a narrator reads a few sentence every once in a while, not in the vein of Song of Myself, just short sentences. In the end the song feels shorter than it is.

The ending:

-More streamlined stylewise

-Floor's versatility could have been utilized better

-More positive vibe, even if there are a few darker songs

-Most of the songs a rather rather simple structured compared to their few previous records and there are more parts by Troy, which makes the songs sound fresh. 

-Hard to say much about the lyrics, but the theme seems to be rather positive life philosophy

-More band oriented and minimalistic (for the most parts) compared to couple of previous records

Thanks a lot Harvest! :)

Well that's the second review saying that Floor's vocals aren't as versatile as one would expect.Let's see.

Thanks a lot Harvest! :)

Well that's the second review saying that Floor's vocals aren't as versatile as one would expect.Let's see.

Let's see first. Maybe they have put the emphasis on that more personal, intimate side Floor talked about. And as the reviewer put it, the expectations towards her singing have also been even unrealistically high. 

Versatility just for the sake of it is probably not a good idea in my opinion.

Thank you Harvest :)

Versatility just for the sake of it is probably not a good idea in my opinion.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. The singing style should fit the song. 

Don't get me wrong, i do agree with the both of you. But from the reviews i gathered that there are parts where her voice could have been better used.

Still this is other people's views and i don't get infuenced by these. I'll have an opinion when i get to listen to the whole album myself :)

Thanks Harvest. 

The way you describe that song 'Greatest Show On Earth' sounds like wonderful love making:

A long foreplay, then great gentle, passionate  and creative interaction and then yes, an eargasm...................... :wub:

Thanks for the translation!

I've always thought the most reasonable expectation would be to think of it as a continuation of Once. Not in the sense that they're ignoring the two albums they made with Anette, but more like viewing the options they had after that album as a cross-roads of sorts and Imaginaerum was a dead end. They basically reached the limit of what they could possibly do down that road, so they're exploring the other route now, if that makes sense?

As much as I love classical vocals in symphonic metal, Once used them sparsely. For the most part, Tarja tried to sing in a more contemporary style. She just couldn't do it without sounding like a classical vocalist. It would be nice if Floor did a couple of random moments like the bridge in Dark Chest of Wonders on the new album. But I'm mostly rooting for more singing in the style of Ever Dream and She Is My Sin from Wacken, where she gradually added more power to her voice as the songs went on and required it. I also expect the orchestra to be more similar as to how it was on Once.

Carol, I'm assuming this album is less wordy than Imaginaerum and more in line with the Tarja albums, or even Dark Passion Play, in that regard? Anette has a very different singing style and I'm guessing that was the main reason why songs like Storytime felt like they had a million words in them and very few moments to let the singer catch her breath!

But I'm mostly rooting for more singing in the style of Ever Dream and She Is My Sin from Wacken, where she gradually added more power to her voice as the songs went on and required it. 

Agreed. And these kind of gradually increased vocals actually demand attention. They only listened to it once, so if it is more minimalistic, more into little nuances in her voice, that requires more attention to get into. Let's listen to it first. 

Changed font size to default - WhiteRaven

Hell. Y.E.S.

But neither of those songs were album openers. If Poet and the Pendulum is not an epic opener I don't know what is!

I meant concert openers,as I stated previously (but not in this post sorry about that). If it also opens the record up, even better.

*sigh*

OMG guys this truly not healthy! Not healthy at all. I don't feel well now because I feel like waiting for 100 years until the release of the album. I really can't remember the last time I was THIS excited for something. Just unreal. I'm dying to hear the songs!  Floor's career will peak with this album I'm sure. Same for the whole band I feel. I'm expecting this will be their best album. It's probably better to avoid reading this forum because it only make things worse for me.  :cry:  :help:

So I guess I failed the "no spoiler" goal :P I guess now I'm going for the "no preview" one which, judging by my stunning willpower, doesn't have much chance for success either. 

I can't not listen to Elan on february but i'm definitely not listening to samples if they release them.