Carol

Nightwish Off Topic

2,081 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Encaitar said:

Couldn't find a good spot for this...so figured it must go in Off-Topic!  I was thinking recently about last NW concert I was at(back in 2015, yes a long time ago!).  I was lucky enough that they played both TPatP AND GLS...what a treat :)  But what was interesting was that I found during the show, I enjoyed performance of TPatP much more than GLS.  My sister was with me and she felt the same.  So am I crazy, or is there anyone else here who feels the same in terms of live performance of these songs?  (If I'm listening to studio versions, I prefer GLS!)

I think Floor obviously sings both songs beautifully...but for some unknown reason, I found TPatP to touch my soul more when I was standing second row in front of Floor! 

I also felt that TPATP went more under my skin than GLS. I was crying like a baby when I heard it live. Seriously, I just couldn't control my body. I was at the front row, and after the gig people around me said that Floor looked at me when I was crying in my friend's arms during The Pacific and she looked like she almost started crying as well and had to look away. Oh no I'm not proud of that :cry:

Reading We Were Here! this Christmas! 

Since stupid me forgot to buy a signed copy at the Gothenburg show, my sister, who lives in Wembley, promised to try to get one at the Wembley show despite not having a ticket. As expected, they only sold merchandise inside the arena, so she had to walk away empty-handed.

Except, she didn't. She went to the VIP entrance (or something) and spoke with a guard, who went inside and got one of the merch people, who actually brought a book and a portable card reader to the door for my sister to make the purchase. Crazy! Since the leftover signed copies became available (and are now sold out) online a few days before Christmas the gift had to be spoiled, but the story was an awesome gift in itself.

So here I have the book in my hands. Fresh from London. Signed by all the band members. :)

As for the actual contents of the book... there's plenty of trivia, which I love!

Yeah that book is great. I bought it from the merch stand in Amsterdam but I was kind of hesitant. I was like “am I going to read this huge book about EFMB now? Four years after its release?” But I started it and it’s really interesting!

On 11/11/2018 at 5:36 PM, Nocturnal Queen said:

That is true, but Tarja has made small steps towards reconciliation by working with Marco and at least having a professional correspondence with Tuomas and she isn't trash talking the band in interviews anymore. It has also been 13 years since Tarja was dumped while it's "only" been 6 since Anette left. The band probably has more hard feelings towards Anette nowadays than towards Tarja. Anette also seems a lot less interested in live shows in general than Tarja is. It would be nice to have a show with all three singers  but I actually think it's more likely to happen with Tarja than with Anette. I could be wrong though and Anette shows up and Tarja is like "Nah". 

Wait wait wait... Tarja has had professional correspondence with Tuomas? As in... after 2005? When did this happen?

6 hours ago, Jair Crawford said:

Tarja has had professional correspondence with Tuomas? As in... after 2005? When did this happen?

Maybe this year? (about the Decades album)

Yes, Tarja mentioned it in a recent radio interview. Probably about Decades and maybe also the End of an Era re-release.

12 hours ago, Magnus said:

Yes, Tarja mentioned it in a recent radio interview. Probably about Decades and maybe also the End of an Era re-release.

Tuomas said that they hadn't. I choose to believe in Tuomas. 

5 hours ago, GreatEye said:

Tuomas said that they hadn't. I choose to believe in Tuomas. 

Where did he say that? And how do these people mange to turn a simple business email exchange into drama?

I'd like to know that as well. I don't see why either of them would like about such a relatively small thing, unless something literally got lost in translation.

Tuomas said that he's been in contact with Tarja, but that wasn't about End of an Era since Tuomas knew nothing about the release :D I bet it was about Decades considering that Anette knew about that release as well.

9 hours ago, TheSnowyOwl said:

I bet it was about Decades considering that Anette knew about that release as well.

Sure!! :D

10 hours ago, TheSnowyOwl said:

Tuomas said that he's been in contact with Tarja, but that wasn't about End of an Era since Tuomas knew nothing about the release :D I bet it was about Decades considering that Anette knew about that release as well.

So no drama then, I'm glad :good:

I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about emails exchanged in the lead up to the Decades release. Also, there was definitely correspondence regarding the 10th Anniversary version of Once (the inclusion of an instrumental disc), which was ultimately shelved. 

What happened to the second round of Q&A threads from each member of the band

I don't know if this has been posted here before or not as it's really old, but I just watched a couple of videos where a couple of girls (I think there's two of them, anyway) are parodying Tarja singing The Poet and the Pendulum, and I'm in tears :D For what it's worth, the sound/picture isn't that great, so...

Anyway, I really got a kick out of how well they nailed Tarja talking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbEpUxC3HK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPZgJPoOuA

It was funny, but I don't know I might just be over sensitive I thought it was a little mean spirited 

8 minutes ago, silverlining said:

It was funny, but I don't know I might just be over sensitive I thought it was a little mean spirited 

I can see what you mean and the thought definitely crossed my mind as well... but in the end I couldn't make up my wind whether it was or wasn't (if I had felt that something was purely mean spirited, I wouldn't have posted it).

I've always loved their version of Amaranthe "aaaaf thaaaa daybriiiiick" :P TPATP too.

Got my (signed! :D) version of the "We were here" book in the mail today. Can't wait to read it tonight!

Just had a quick look through it and the book is quite thick, so seems that there's a lot of content here, not mainly pictures (as I thought it would be)

There is quite some stuff to read in that book, I bought my copy (not signed unfortunately) last year and I like it a lot. I'm going to re-read it again when I have the time. For me it has been far more enjoyable than Dark Passion Gallery (okay, that book consists only of pictures and a foreword) or Once Upon a Nightwish (sure, reading about the early days was very interesting but the tension towards the end... the good old NW soap opera drama).

I didn't have the slightest idea about it.

Anyway, I'm not a NW collector so I don't really care.