Hidden In Silence

World Tour EFMB 2015/2016

2,545 posts in this topic

That's beautiful. I can imagine how satisfying it must have been for her to fill an arena for two nights in her home country with the biggest symphonic metal band. The admiration and respect from the fans are the result of her commitment and passion for music. Kudos to Floor! :clap:

My first NW show and I still mind blown! The guys and girl exceeded my expectations, even though if I just look at the setlist I would have rather been to the concert yesterday. But that just doesn’t matter at all, because the evening was PERFECT!!!

And especially what SilentDawn described, Floor’s words, they were very touching. It’s so precious when a band shows their fans that they really appreciate them for coming, and sharing the emotions, fun and excitement of the music together. I’m glad that NW is that band!

And was it just me, or was GLS just better, greater and more epic than ever before? Or is that just the magic of hearing GLS live?

If you ask me, last night's GLS was one of the best ones I've heard to date.

And that does include the Buenos Aires vid that was released.

Wow last night was amazing again! Got a front row spot this time!

I was so happily surprised when they started playing Dark Chest of Wonders and I Want My Tears Back, I didn't expect that to happen but I really love those songs so yay!!

I didn't know it was water they shot at the audience during TGSOE, pretty funny moment :giggle:

And like SilentDawn already mentioned, it was pretty cool how the whole crowd again started cheering for Floor and the whole "Floortje" thing going on, I could see a tear too!

Really glad I bought tickets for both shows, definitely worth it! 

@SilentDawan

Wow, sounds like you got a 100% show + the emotional extra's. I think you will cherish this gig forever!!!

Thumbs up for our Floortje! 

How long before we can see her/them again in the NL? :(

I will! I also made a post on facebook thanking them. Not sure if they will ever read it (though I tagged both Floor and Kai) but I did end it with 'lets not make it another three years inbetween gigs' so here's hoping!

@ ~Night*Star~

So, so great you got front row..now you can compare a balcony spot from the first show-where you could see

it all to a front row where you can see the tear in the eye of Floortje! I was lucky enough to score front row at

the Copenhagen show~BEST show I've ever seen in my life--so much going on~so visually entertaining....the

music so moving.....had tears in my eyes at least 3 times!

Copenhagen was my first European show and I so want to go to another and another........

Thank you Nightwish!.   :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

PS-A big thank you to ~Night*Star~, hunebedbouwer and Ghosthell and everyone else for all the great videos!

Great to relive the moments!  :music:

Ooooh, all these posts make me really impatient for London. I'm trying very hard no to watch the videos because I want to keep it a surprise. Wembley is sold out as well and I truly believe they are going to give an amazing performance !!

It's nice to see the tour follow its way through your posts. Keep them coming! :)

I went to both shows in Amsterdam, and... how I wish they would play there for another 5 nights or so....  :laugh:

First night I was about row 10, and although I'm not really short, the stage at the HMH is not that high so it's not easy to get a good view. The show is visually stunning, and the flames and fireworks are really hot and loud! I do think there was something not quite right in the mix the 19th, because starting around My Walden the bass was really distorted, and that kind of bugged me. Next to that, the drums are really loud, so sometimes it was like listening to those two alone.... The 20th however the sound was great! Could be because I decided to watch from a balcony spot. 

One thing that I'm not a fan of is those stroboscope-like lights. That's something that makes me wanna shut my eyes and turn around. Unfortunately they have a lot of those.

But even with these minor 'complaints', it is probably the best live show I've been to. Like that means anything  :woot: .

I felt like the screens had some issues on the 20th, compared to the 19th. Some delays and sometimes the visuals didn't move (for instance during Sleeping Sun) But nothing big :) 

Amsterdam November 19th was totally worth the travel all the way from Switzerland to see Floor in her homecountry. 

There was a major security check. I could see the long queue from my hotelroom across the street quite a bit before the show started, which got even longer when we came there. No backpacks allowed, tiny handbags only (if someone's attending a show soon, security check might be the same). So we missed half of Amorphis, but absolutely no complaints there as we felt safe that night.

This time around we decided to stay a little in the back, because of best sound quality. 2nd row in June (Hinwil) meant quite a bass overload, which I didn’t mind though. Just one thing to point out, the sound quality in the back on 19th was an outstanding one, the voices were the foreground thing, at least equal to the bass. If you’d like to have a good sound quality, just don’t choose the front area  I’ve made 2 videos (Stargazers and Weak Fantasy. If someone’s interested I can upload those). No complaints about the sound quality either that day. 

Of course Floor was phenomenal, which ended up in a crowd’s neverending applause (can’t remember which song, GLF, Ghost Love Floortje probably? :)   She was visibly touched and out of words. Actually too excited to be amazingly welcomed by her Dutchies.

The visuality of the show was better than anything I’ve seen so far. It always fitted to the sound and the famous „We Were Here“ was shown there in capital letters quite a lot. Yeah proud we were here, witnessed that show and thankful it was not cancelled. Thank you so much Nightwish to make this night unforgotten!!!

My personal Highlight however was the bearded man’s Solo - „The Islander“ - accompagnied by his doubleneck guitar and all the crowd lightening up the phones. Nightwish posted a picture of that goosebump moment on November 19th. 

https://www.facebook.com/nightwish/photos/pb.14644790067.-2207520000.1448123271./10156256237830068/?type=3&theater

(I can see my phone :D )

You already know the setlist for sure, so no need to repeat. One of what is sure, we will repeat a visit in Amsterdam. The acoustic in HMH was superb! Most fantastic concert I've ever attended.

Next stop Basel.

Default font restored -- Cursarion.

Ooooh, all these posts make me really impatient for London. I'm trying very hard no to watch the videos because I want to keep it a surprise. Wembley is sold out as well and I truly believe they are going to give an amazing performance !!

It's nice to see the tour follow its way through your posts. Keep them coming! :)

Don't worry, go ahead and look at the videos. They won't prepare you for the real thing any more than sticking your head in the freezer will prepare you for an Arctic expedition. Their sound live is just stupendous, depending of course on where you sit/stand. And that glorious voice floating on top of it all...There is not one recording including Wacken that does any justice to the total experience of the music, the pyros, the screens and other special effects. But please, take care of your ears and wear protection. 

But please, take care of your ears and wear protection. 

I know, I acquired som foam earplugs recently that I kept conscentiously for that purpose. Althoug I am going to investigate thes Alpine plugs that someone mentionned earlier. Even if I don't attend that many concerts, I still got a few decades to live with my ears. :P

As for the videos, I suppose you're right. Actually, one of the reason I don't want to watch them that much is the sound quality, particularly on non-official recordings.

Some photo's from Heineken Music Hall site itself:

12249875_1179241888771765_27110665221175

12247025_1179241865438434_36375722845665

11037155_1179241958771758_33443565383405

And the most exciting one from Nightwish facebook:

12240465_10156256237830068_8229351185741

All taken yesterday!!! Getting goosebumps while writing and seeing that last one..............

I know, I acquired som foam earplugs recently that I kept conscentiously for that purpose. Althoug I am going to investigate thes Alpine plugs that someone mentionned earlier.

If feasible, go for the Alpines. The frequency response is much more linear than foam. I have custommade stuff because they fit my ears better, but I keep the Alpines for backup.

Now I'm so jealous of all these reports, and I cannot go to NW concert this time, so I think I'll just skip this topic till the European leg is over. :P

It would be a once in a lifetime situation to perform ´The Pharaoh Sails To Orion´ live now when Tomi Joutsen of Amorphis is on the same tour with NW. IMO he has the voice that's dark enough to do the growling parts of that song. But probably not going to happen, which is a pity :mad: .

By no means I want to offend you, but the reasons why you're complaining are kinda lame. If things like that bothered you, I wonder how would you manage to survive on a more energetic crowd! If I tell you all the things I endured in the Buenos Aires show, you'd die from just listening.

By no means I want to offend you, but the reasons why you're complaining are kinda lame. If things like that bothered you, I wonder how would you manage to survive on a more energetic crowd! If I tell you all the things I endured in the Buenos Aires show, you'd die from just listening.

I went to the New York show and pretty much had the same complaints. Not EVERYONE particularly likes concert settings. Some of us just want to hear the music. Actually my biggest complaint was that Sabaton crowd moshpit and the gigantic wait times between performances. I wish they cut out the intro music when I was there :P.

On a different note would you guys say that the setlists for this tour have been overall less diverse than the ones for Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum?

I also went to the gig in Oberhausen yesterday, and it was a fantastic show! We had sitting places, front row on one of the balconies. 

The setlist was the same as Stockholm, Copenhagen and Hamburg, with the exception of Wishmaster being replaced by She is my Sin (Yay!).

It was my first nightwish concert, and I agree that watching videos, even professional recordings, does not even come close to the real thing. All the songs were phenomenal, although they clearly needed Shudder before the Beautiful to optimize the sound settings, and I'd rather had another song instead of 7 Days to the Wolves. But hey, that's just personal taste, no complaints :) 

I thorougly enjoyed the entire concert, but highlights were definitly Ghost Love Score and The Greatest Show on Earth. I really like that they added the first part of TGSOE, it is so so beautiful (also that operatic part of Floor :o). It was indeed a bit weird that they played Last Ride of the Day before TGSOE, but I kinda get why they do it. It is a nice 'breather' between GLS and TGSOE. Marco also commented on it 'Eh, we always say it's the last, but it never is' haha. 

Arch Enemy was also a nice surprise, although I'll never really become a fan of them. We sadly missed Amorphis due to traffic being quite the disaster, but we should've seen that coming I guess x)

I went to the New York show and pretty much had the same complaints. Not EVERYONE particularly likes concert settings. Some of us just want to hear the music. Actually my biggest complaint was that Sabaton crowd moshpit and the gigantic wait times between performances. I wish they cut out the intro music when I was there :P.

On a different note would you guys say that the setlists for this tour have been overall less diverse than the ones for Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum?

My NY experience was the same.  Tall people all over and even though I was like 15 rows in-I really saw the show

through the video cameras of the people surrounding me.  Guess I should have gotten there much earlier. From

where  I was standing-it was almost impossible to move. Packed like sardines in a can....I feel like I wasn't even there. 

I feel there was a real safety issue if there had been any sort of emergency. I probably should have just made my way

out of the sardine can to stand in the back.  Live and learn....

Went to the Copenhagen show and it was the best show I've ever attended!  So, so amazing!!!!  :dwarf: :dwarf:

Well worth everything to attend that show.  Made up for my awful NY experience tenfold! 

Hope everyone at future shows has the best time possible!  :music:

I know, I acquired som foam earplugs recently that I kept conscentiously for that purpose. Althoug I am going to investigate thes Alpine plugs that someone mentionned earlier.

If feasible, go for the Alpines. The frequency response is much more linear than foam. I have custommade stuff because they fit my ears better, but I keep the Alpines for backup.

Yeah, if you visit concerts on a regular basis/often or you are a musician, I recommend customized/molded earblugs. Elacin for example is one manufacturer (www.elacin.com). Those earplugs have top-of-the-line filters that filter all frequencies equally, not just highs or lows. PLUS they last forever (well, unless you lose them). I aquired mine 14 years ago and still working perfectly. The cost back then was something like 180 euros.

I was yesterday in Oberhausen too. And it was amazing :woot: .

In 2002 i saw Nightwish at the first time there "On a dark Wintersnight" with Tarja. And now i saw NW with Floor again. :music:

I can not tell all about, but it was :horns: :horns: :horns::woot: :woot: :woot: .

I was jumping all the time.

I had the Alpine plugs for a few years, but as they were a bit worn I started searching for some new plugs. After some time reading reviews and stuff I bought the Nonoise plugs (review: http://www.audiocheck.net/earplugreviews_nonoisemusic.php)and I must say I think they are better than the Alpine's. The sound is much clearer, and the treble is a lot better than the Alpine's. If these wear out I'll get another pair for sure.

Ontopic:

I was also at the Oberhausen show, and have been to the 1st A'dam show. I liked the setlist from A'dam a bit better with TPATP (YAY!), and the show was also a bit longer. Performance wise there was no difference imho, they nailed it both nights. As I have a bad knee and back I'm condemned to sit on the tribune. In A'dam we sat on the balcony on Tuomas' side on the 2nd row. In Oberhausen we again sat at Tuomas' side about halfway through the Arena. Sound was ok on both concerts, but I would love it if they could turn the volume down a bit so I wouldn't need to wear earplugs. I hate it when I hear myself when I'm "singing" along, but as I already have damaged my hearing I'm trying to keep the future damage to a minimum...

2 more shows to go: Frankfurt in about 2 weeks, and then London again 2 weeks later \o/ \m/  :)