Hidden In Silence

World Tour EFMB 2015/2016

2,541 posts in this topic

@Pantherapardus2012

Just a general recommendation...if you want closest to the stage....
line up early...if you will be there at 9 anyway-walk around, see where the

entrance doors are...if you see employees of the venue-ask questions....

see what the line is like...if no one is on line yet ...wander about..eat,

sightsee and whatever...

Saw NW in New York and had a horrible view--so many tall people in front

of me. For the Copenhagen show, I had front row---right in front of Empuu.

Got in line at 17:00. Worth every minute of my waiting. In Copenhagen,

security was tighter (a few days of the Paris terrorist strike), so it took
longer to get in. Seems like for my show, people didn't leave the front row

once they staked out their spot. 

So I was thrilled to see NW in Copenhagen -- front row-best NW show ever

for me.  :dwarf: 

Good luck and if you can, let us know how you made out. Hope you have 

a grand time and hope the weather is comfy. Not so nice, waiting in cold,

rainy or snowy weather....

Yep, that's my Wembley ticket arrived today. Still says 'Processing ticket' on the website ha! I can't believe that I'm going to be seeing them for the first time ever in a little over a week!

Got my ticket for Wembley today as well. :dwarf:

Still waiting for my earplugs to arrive, though... Hope they arrive on time.

Still waiting for my earplugs to arrive, though... Hope they arrive on time. :P

What did you go with? I got some Noizezz by Pro Guard. Not sure what they will be like

I just noticed "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" hasn't been played on the European Tour at all yet. Which is a shame. It's actually quite a fun live song.

@Pantherapardus2012

Just a general recommendation...if you want closest to the stage....

line up early...if you will be there at 9 anyway-walk around, see where the

entrance doors are...if you see employees of the venue-ask questions....

see what the line is like...if no one is on line yet ...wander about..eat,

sightsee and whatever...

Saw NW in New York and had a horrible view--so many tall people in front

of me. For the Copenhagen show, I had front row---right in front of Empuu.

Got in line at 17:00. Worth every minute of my waiting. In Copenhagen,

security was tighter (a few days of the Paris terrorist strike), so it took

longer to get in. Seems like for my show, people didn't leave the front row

once they staked out their spot. 

So I was thrilled to see NW in Copenhagen -- front row-best NW show ever

for me.  :dwarf: 

Good luck and if you can, let us know how you made out. Hope you have 

a grand time and hope the weather is comfy. Not so nice, waiting in cold,

rainy or snowy weather....

Thank you very much for the tips! I will let you know when I get back, maybe upload a video or something.

It's not really a new thing. Ages ago people didn't wear it because it looked "stupid" and you're not "real metal" when you wear that stuff. :D To be honest, real good hearing protection is a must have these days (ofc, my opinion!). If you wanna go for real good stuff I recommend Alpine MusicSafe Pro. You can't spend your money better when it comes to protect your hearing. :) 

Still waiting for my earplugs to arrive, though... Hope they arrive on time. :P

What did you go with? I got some Noizezz by Pro Guard. Not sure what they will be like

I went for the NoNoise ones (http://www.nonoise-earplugs.com/en/products/music/).

Never thought of earplugs for a gig..is this a new thing? or am I really showing my age haha

I used to wear foam ones before, especially during festivals. And you actually enjoy the music a lot more because your hearing doesn't get as tired. You still hear all the notes but it filters the heavy noises etc. In fact, you can even talk to your friends and hear their answers with the plus, which you can't without the plugs.

Mojo mentionned these 'pro'  earplugs and thought I wold gove it a try.

Interesting and I agree that the overall music mix at some gigs can make it difficult to properly hear the different instruments so I guess the earplugs make for a more satisfying experience. Was thinking I should have had a pair of earplugs the last time I saw Anthrax haha

8 days to go and counting yay! :)

So, I saw Nightwish live last night and oh my, it was the best night ever.

That's my first actual concert and... It was... More than amazing. I have no words.

Where I was, people didn't stand still on their seats - on the the other tribunes, yes, but on mine, especially on the last three rows (I was on the second to last), we were all up, singing, screaming, dancing, one girl was headbanging...

During Amorphis and AE's shows, it was still kind of empty. I don't think it was because of security - we got in extremely fast. I guess most people simply decided to skip them for one reason or another. And the ones there almost seemed asleep.

However, I liked Amorphis. They were quite nice, really. AE on the other hand... Not my cup of tea. Alissa was giving her everything, but... Death metal is never going to be my thing.

And Nightwish... Where do I start! It was wonderful, magical, it was the greatest show on Earth! From the second the curtain fell we were up, singing along, dancing, having a blast. All songs sounded great and I'm pleasantly surprised by Wishmaster and Stargazers - I watched some videos and they didn't look so good. Well, it comes to show never to judge by videos made with a phone! They sounded simply great. I Want my Tears Back was also sooo much better than I expected - it has such an energy! Musically, I know how great it is, but the energy it brings you live, that's something else. It's wonderful, really.

These were the pleasant surprises, as for the rest - as great as expected! I have no words to describe how it felt. I'm unbelievably happy, I just wish it lasted longer! I'll definitely do my best to see them again next tour.

Also, a girl that traveled with us on the bus threw some Bulgarian flags with 'Nightwish' written on them (she had made them herself) to the stage and the last one, the third one, got there. I think Kai was the one who showed it... There were so many Bulgarians there (I heard my own language as much as Romanian) and this felt special to all of us, I'm sure.

I was quite surprised at how much better the live sound was than even the professional live DVD's.

In other news, I just received an e-mail telling me that due to a delay in ticket production, there was no longer enough time to send them by post, so they were arranging for box office pickup after doors open.

So, I saw Nightwish live last night and oh my, it was the best night ever.

That's my first actual concert and... It was... More than amazing. I have no words.

Where I was, people didn't stand still on their seats - on the the other tribunes, yes, but on mine, especially on the last three rows (I was on the second to last), we were all up, singing, screaming, dancing, one girl was headbanging...

During Amorphis and AE's shows, it was still kind of empty. I don't think it was because of security - we got in extremely fast. I guess most people simply decided to skip them for one reason or another. And the ones there almost seemed asleep.

However, I liked Amorphis. They were quite nice, really. AE on the other hand... Not my cup of tea. Alissa was giving her everything, but... Death metal is never going to be my thing.

And Nightwish... Where do I start! It was wonderful, magical, it was the greatest show on Earth! From the second the curtain fell we were up, singing along, dancing, having a blast. All songs sounded great and I'm pleasantly surprised by Wishmaster and Stargazers - I watched some videos and they didn't look so good. Well, it comes to show never to judge by videos made with a phone! They sounded simply great. I Want my Tears Back was also sooo much better than I expected - it has such an energy! Musically, I know how great it is, but the energy it brings you live, that's something else. It's wonderful, really.

These were the pleasant surprises, as for the rest - as great as expected! I have no words to describe how it felt. I'm unbelievably happy, I just wish it lasted longer! I'll definitely do my best to see them again next tour.

Also, a girl that traveled with us on the bus threw some Bulgarian flags with 'Nightwish' written on them (she had made them herself) to the stage and the last one, the third one, got there. I think Kai was the one who showed it... There were so many Bulgarians there (I heard my own language as much as Romanian) and this felt special to all of us, I'm sure. I just hope it won't make people angry, as I know the staff around my friend wasn't pleased with what happened at all...

Glad you enjoyed your first concert and Nightwish :) so did they finish with greatest show on earth? and what other songs did they play? The set list may be similar to the one they will play at Wembley

Here is the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nightwish/2015/romexpo-bucharest-romania-23f2dc3b.html

I guess in Wembley they would play The Poet, as it's a big show, instead of 7DTTW, and of course there will be some other changes - they switch a few songs all the time, but you can check in the site I sent, they have all the setlists there. :)

I hope you all have a great night in Wembley - in fact, I'm sure you will! :)

Edit: I found this video of WYLASR with perfect sound quality:

Thanks Century Child :)  I really hope they play The Poet...I love that song and its sleek heaviness. Storytime is another great song

Thanks Century Child :)  I really hope they play The Poet...I love that song and its sleek heaviness. Storytime is another great song

Yeah totally agree Anthony,I check Setlist fm after every show for Storytime.So far it's been played at every show but one on the European tour.

One of my other favourites is Scaretale from Imaginaerum though very much doubt they will play it. In fact I think the two albums from Annette on vocals are very solid. Anyway I am giving Once a spin as I write :)

Finally bought my VIP tickets for the Sayreville, NJ show next year! First show of the second leg of the US tour. Super excited not only to attend a show again from this most epic tour, but, to go through the VIP experience. I know that we are lucky to be offered it here in the US, therefore, I like to take advantage of it when I can afford it :). (Even if some past experiences involving the VIP here have been a bit frustrating, but, mostly due disorganization. Hopefully, there won't be any of that this time around, even with the show I'm going to being the first of this 2016 leg).

I'm guessing they'll film some songs from Wembley for the DVD/Blu-ray. Too big of a gig to ignore.

Why is Wembley such a big gig? It's not even the biggest venue, so what makes it so special??

And, i am english also and i don't get the hype lol.

Well, I think it is a milestone for them, playing headline show in such a legendary venue. Maybe you don't get the hype, because you live there. For you it's normal that the biggest artists in the world perform in your hometown, but for me, it is the place to play. For example, record an album on Abbey Road, watch hockey in Madison Square Garden, Colosseum in Rome, Copacabana beach in Rio etc. Those are places that everyone in this globe knows about, and Wembley is one them. I know that they are not playing in the Stadium, but it's WEMBLEY anyway.

But it's not like they're playing in Wembley Stadium, that would have been legendary, this is more or less a random arena show. Def. their biggest one in UK so far, but I wouldn't compare it to Colloseum. Royal Albert Hall would have been much more epic. 

Wembley show is such a special event because it's their biggest show in UK so far. But it is more or less a random arena show if we look in general. However, the band is gradually evolving in this aspect and achieving stuff like the Joensuu and Tampere concerts, Rock in Rio, a lot of sold-out shows in Europe etc.

Wembley Stadium really is something else, but it's not inappropriate to say that they might play there someday. That certainly would be legendary.

My first Nightwish concert and I've seen hundreds of bands in my 47 years on this earth but never been looking forward to seeing a band as much as I am. Really hoping for The Poet and the Pendulum in Wembley. Travelling from Wales and gonna be the start of a fantastic Christmas.

I think this was also mentioned in discussions back when Within Temptation got to play there last year, but the UK is so different from the rest of Europe. There are a few legendary venues in Europe, like L'Olympia in France, but for a European (or European style) metal band to play Wembley is a big deal because that kind of music just isn't very popular there. It's mostly happening thanks to word of mouth rather than radio promotion and such (and this is something that's built up over many years).