Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Witchdrummer

Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam (November 19th 2015)

104 posts in this topic

So who's going? :D

Also, this will be our first Nightwish concert, so we could use some tips. XD At what time do people usually show up? Do we need to be there at 09:00 AM to have a shot at a front row place, or are we fine when we show up at say, 02:00 PM as well? With Tarja (her solo concerts) we were there around 12:00, and there were about five people waiting (and one time we even were the first), but I guess with Nightwish there will be a lot more people at the door early?

I'm going early - and that is I plan to be there at noon at the latest. Last time I went around 2.30-3pm and I ended up being 10th row or something, but our door was opened last as well, so that might've gotten something to do with that. I know a friend is tagging along with me and as I've got the tickets of others, they'll end up staying with me as well - and they do try and come as early as possible as well. Partly because queueing is fun - you get to know new people and if weather allows it, it'll mean lots of cardgames (which do get pretty heated) as well. I don't think 9 am should be necessary, but usually arriving at 2-3 pm does mean 10th row or something around that line - which still does provide a good view nonetheless.

If you want to meet up with me and my friends, I'll be there at least at noon - and I honestly don't mind watching stuff if needed. There is a restaurant with free toilet at not even a 2 min walk so if friends of mine usually need to go, we just hold their spot and watch their stuff while they can go to the toilet - or get food, if thats why they're leaving queue.

Thank you so much! :-)

And it's good to know that there's a toilet nearby, that's usually one of the biggest problems. I always try to drink as little as possible on a day like that because you can't go anywhere, so feeling lightheaded during a concert is very common for me, unfortunately... I'm so glad that's not an issue now!

So our usual time should be good enough to get a good place then, we usually arrive at venues around noon as well. Yikes, I didn't know there's more than one door though, let's hope we're lucky!

Yes, toilets are a drama. But we used it a lot last year (and so did other fans). I believe there are two or three doors, but I think too. Everyone was desperate to go in, last time, though, as it began to pour like crazy an hour before the doors would open (and they were late with doing so), so everyone was soaked through (no, seriously, we were all wearing layers (jacket, vests, shirts) and even our shirts were soaked through) so... yeah. Alas, having the Arena close by does have its perks. Anyway - if you want to meet up there (or ask me stuff either here or there), my name is Ineke! Last time I went it was just free (even though it was in a restaurant and no-one actually bought food there) and clean which is always a plus!

We had something like that with Tarja in the Melkweg last year too, well, we didn't get completely soaked thankfully because someone brought a plastic sheet. XD But they were rather late with the doors there as well, and in the last couple of minutes it started to hail, and there was thunder and lightning as well... While we were already supposed to be inside, high and dry. Nice. XD

And that would be nice! My name is Melany. :-)

@Valar Morghulis: Awesome!

Going there, probably not too early 'cause I hate waiting a long time (probably got to work too).

So I guess i'll turn up about one hour before the doors open. Ought to be enough to find a decent place.

Would be great meeting some of you guys and girls..

I am going too, but not hours beforehence, prob. need to work as well.

Haha. It would be fun to meet you guys nonetheless! Work is horrible when it comes to concerts, and I had to ask the day off myself as well (cause I normally have an eveningshift on Thursdays)

Just announced: 2nd show on Friday 20th...

... next time they'll need a stadium. LOL

Oh wow, that's awesome! I guess Nightwish (re)gained a lot of (new) Dutch fans since Floor joined. :-D And cool that so many forum members are going, it would be nice to see you guys in person. :-)

No way that we're going to the second show though, not only because we can't afford it, but also because I doubt it that I'll still have a back afterwards. *waves cane and mumbles about today's kids* XD

Thanks for the info. As I am coming from the Uk for the first gig it would be so wrong not to go to the second one.

I hadn´t expected that second concert at all, so I booked for Amsterdam and Antwerpen  :(

Well, nothing wrong with a bit of sightseeing then and drinking Kriek from the barrel ofcourse .........

Anyway, enjoyable King´s Day to every Dutchie on this forum!!!!!

koninginnedag.jpg

Have you guys seen this?

De aanvangstijd voor het concert van Nightwish is gewijzigd. We willen jullie alvast informeren over het tijdschema van de avond:

18.30u Deuren open
19.20u Amorphis
19.55u Pauze / change over
20.10u Arch Enemy
21.00u Pauze / change over
21.30u Nightwish
23.30u Verwacht einde concert

I'll be dead before Nightwish even starts. O__O

Dear Lord, please have mercy on our feet...

That two days in a row.

Thank god I booked a hotel in Amsterdam. Catching the last train would've been tricky for me, and I probably couldn't have made it home without hailing a cab.

And then the queue'ing.

I'll be dead :P

Two days like that... God, I'd be dead too, haha! One is bad enough. :P Thankfully we booked a hotel as well, 23:30 is REALLY late...

By the way, if my feet won't kill me, my nerves will. I'm already nervous now, and it's still two weeks and three days away. :woot: < The psycho expression that will be on my face for the next two weeks and three days...

Haha. I fly back out of London the day before, so it's a lot of rushing about for me :P We'll probably be travelling the same way for a bit then though :3 If your Hotel is in Amsterdam too

I think my feet will join your Dead Club, ladies.

5131549404_a9b6f1aa87.jpg

Even thinking of skipping at least Amorphis and maybe Arch Enemy as well....... :dunno:

I know I won't go all out for them at least :P I'm not too fond of them - too much grunting for me. I'm more worried about my back when it comes to that :'D But as queueing is always a fun (but dragging) part of the concert experience, I'm not going to skip them :3 Meeting new people is always fun :3

Haha, that picture! Very accurate though. XD

Just like SilentDawn, skipping the support acts is no option for me. I honestly fail to see how people can be so relaxed, haha! I really HAVE to be on the front row (or somewhere in the front anyway), because if I can't see the band, I might as well stay at home to listen to Wacken '13. Of course it doesn't help that I'm only 1.52m, so "can't see the band" basically already happens if I'm on the third row. XD

We plan to bring plastic bags so we can sit on the ground as long as possible, hopefully at least until the late afternoon (I have no idea from which point it will be impossible to sit, when the crowd is getting bigger I suppose?)

Our hotel is in a village nearby, because the Amsterdam ones (the ones within walking distance anyway) were already full. I'm pretty sure those hotels are all filled with Nightwish fans. :P

In exactly two weeks, at this time, we're already inside the venue... :woot:

@Witchdrummeres

Oh, you have solved the problem already with a plastic bag! 

Too late to take my recommendations in consideration then:

For the support acts (about halfway):

DSC07988.jpg

And then change to these for Nightwish:

0510361275-L.jpg

:P  :P  :P

I'm 1.80 and I feel small nowadays in the NL!

Yep, two weeks can be long or can fly! Anyway, I hope we all have fun!!! 

Ha, that's a great idea too! :P

I can imagine! Dutch people can be really tall... Both my uncles are over 2m. O__O

I'm sure we will! It's gonna be amazing! :dwarf:

I'm only 1.67, so yeah, many Dutchies tower over me as well :( My hotel is in Amsterdam itself. I think about 15-20 mins walking from A'dam CS. It was near the Melkweg anyway, so I will have to travel a bit, but it's more doable than going home, as the last train from Rotterdam will leave at around 00.30. 

In any case. From my experience. You can keep sitting for a veeeeeeery long time. Especially if you're near the front. Generally people start standing up when they either don't feel their legs anymore, or when it's near time to open the doors :) So you should be good!