Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Witchdrummer

Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam (November 19th 2015)

104 posts in this topic

If they keep the same setlist as they had in Espoo I'd be very happy!!!

Me too! This setlist is amazing! Though they really have to play Edema Ruh, preferably instead of Storytime. XD

* When I will enter the sobering outside world again, I want to see a full moon, happy faces and a lot of fantasmic singing!

This! :sunny:

2cs9zef.jpg

I think I'm going to cry. Oh well, I guess it shows that we're the die-hard fans, at least? XD

@Witchdrummer

You need to look at it from the bright side. :sunny:     There is a fantastic possibility of a 20% chance of sunshine somewhere in the Netherlands, probably Rottumeroog. :heat:

Then all that rainwater (not forgetting all your crying :giggle: ) will fill our rivers again to the level that is needed, including the Geul, Roer, Lollebeek, Grote Molenbeek, Vloedgraaf and Maas.  :good:

And last but not least, I'm not intending to die, let alone hard, before, during or after a NW-concert   :drinks:

Greetings from a very windy and rainy Amersfoort. :drinks:   

Greetings from a dry London  :cool:

And there's always ponchos >D And if it's dry after all, we can just use those ponchos to sit on

@ The Witchdrummer

Well, I guess we all needed cheering up after the last days, including myself.

@SilentDawn

You probably meant greetings from behind a giant dry London gin. :P  

Almost >D I don't do alcohol. No, but I'm serious :'D We didn't have rain today, and we did see some sun! Weather is quite nice today

Last time NW played over here: 13-4-2012.................

Ssupported by Eklipse, something totally different musically, which I really like at a concert.

Haha thanks for choosing one of my videos Hunebedbouwer :) 

Can;t wait for thursday and friday!

@Nightstar

Hahaha, well you deserve all credits then.  

I'm not sure if I'm doing you a favour with a thank-you by posting this or the one below:

eso1216c.jpg

nightstar-profile2.png

(I just picked the best video and seldom look at names really, although I do come across some fellow forum members once in a while).

@Esgigt

Thank you

Eep, almost...!!! :woot:

And wow, is that an actual lighthouse they have there during The Islander? Awesome!

:giggle: hahaha well I feel honored Hunebedbouwer, especially the 2nd picture is beautiful xD 

All that for a recording of The Islander, you're too good for this world man! :giggle:

And yeah the lighthouse visual was really cool back then! 

Wow, they really do have the most awesome props and visuals!

By the way, I won't be able to check the forum anymore before the show, since I'm leaving for the hotel tomorrow and I don't have one of those fancy phones. :P So... See you guys there!  :dwarf:

By the way, I'll be recognizable by a long black skirt, a skeleton hoodie (with a Nightwish shirt underneath of course!) and lots of plastic against the pouring rain we'll be having. XD

The official weather forecast for Thursday, the 19th of November 2015.

Presented to you by RIFNIF (Royal Institute For Nightwish Forecasting)

Current status: Code Oranje!

Early morning - A few clouds of expectations (especially in the Limburg area), possibly accompanied by some drizzles of nerves.

Late morning - Although four sunbeams may appear from the west (also known as London dry), there are no high hopes for a full scale of shine, so you better leave your lotion at home and dress for a sleeping sun.    

Lunchtime - The last of the wild winds will blow a lot of people to the Amsterdam area. A special mention for travelling islanders, because there is a possibility that waves from planet hell will leave the ferries in the harbour and will also end all hope to sail to the main land and romanticide.

Tea time - Gushing gales from the lagoon near Ghost River will follow over the hills and far away, so people from the east better take it easy to live to tell the scaretales.

Early evening - Especially stargazers in the Amsterdam area should be prepared for a big wanderlust and some kinslayers. To be more precise: around the neighbourhood of Dead Gardens, a crimson tide might influence your travelling time.

Around nine-ish - Everybody should stay inside for metallic rain is predicted at that specific time, coming from the dark chest of natural wonders, and you know how the famous Dutch saying goes: 'angels fall first'!

Late evening - Meadows of heaven will open, so be ready to let loose the mermaids after the siren and be utterly prepared for the last ride of the day!!!

Generally it's going to be a rest calm day with a bit of elan here and there.

O, yes, for all those talkative taikatalvi Nightwish fans, I do hope, you will have a fantasmic concert and wish you all a deep silent complete and crazy train ride home. For those who did book hotel accomodation: 'don't talk to strangers' when you're singing bedwards. Personally, I will be present as well (therefore this early forecast), although sometimes I do prefer a more once-upon-a-troubadour music style. Then I never have to answer 'where were you last night' at home, because we go together. For now, I will stick to my Nightwish concert weather forecasting, thank you very much.

Goodnight and :dwarf: to you all.

Thanks for the lyrical forecast... ;)

.... ever considered to take up writing in some way? :)

I was already thinking, why so few post for the concert tomorrow... but was the wrong thread...

Well tip for those attending; better read the new safety rules on the website of the venue...

For example its for safety reasons not allowed to take your backpack inside.. so better leave all that at home. :rolleyes:

Just received this email from MOJO (sorry, but it was sent in Dutch, and I'm not gonna translate it!):

Beste concertbezoeker,

Op 19 en 20 november is het zover, dan staat Nightwish in de Amsterdamse Heineken Music Hall en jij bent erbij! Je ontvangt deze mail omdat er met dit e-mailadres één of meerdere kaarten zijn gekocht voor een van de concerten in de Heineken Music Hall. We willen je bij deze graag informeren over het tijdschema van de avond, het vervoer naar en van de Heineken Music Hall en wat andere zaken. Lees dit goed door, zodat je goed voorbereid bij de Heineken Music Hall aankomt.

LET OP! Op het kaartje staat 19:00 of 20:00 uur aangegeven als aanvangstijd. Dit is gewijzigd naar 19:20 uur.

Tijdschema*:
18:30 - Deuren open
19:20 - Amorphis
19:55 - Pauze 
20:10 - Arch Enemy
21:00 - Pauze
21:30 - Nightwish
23:30 - Verwacht einde show

* Dit tijdschema is onder voorbehoud en hiervan kan worden afgeweken door de artiest. Houd onze website in de gaten voor de laatste wijzigingen en het laatste nieuws.

Extra beveiligingsmaatregelen

In verband met de gebeurtenissen in Parijs, hebben wij samen met de artiest besloten om extra security maatregelen te treffen. Zo is het niet toegestaan om rugtassen en weekendtassen mee naar binnen te nemen. Handtassen mogen wel naar binnen.

Daarnaast wordt iedereen gefouilleerd en wordt er in alle handtassen gekeken. Dit kan leiden tot een langere wachtrij. Wij doen er alles aan om dit tot een minimum te beperken. Om de doorstroom zo snel mogelijk te laten verlopen, vragen we jullie vriendelijk om tassen thuis te laten en voor jullie begrip en medewerking rondom deze uitzonderlijke situatie.

Concerten en evenementen zijn er om van muziek te genieten en dat laten we ons niet afpakken. We doen er alles aan om de concerten op een verantwoorde wijze door te laten gaan en een zo veilig mogelijke omgeving te creëren.

Wij wensen je veel plezier bij het concert van Nightwish!

Met vriendelijke groet,

MOJO

I hope to meet some of you tomorrow

@Halinian

Thanks for mentioning it, because I kind of forgotten that side of visiting ( :good:), BUT..........bloody hell, what am I going to do with all these pepernoten that I was planning to throw around. :scratchhead:

@Esgigt

It's not fair that Mojo send you a note, even in pretty good Dutch, explaining all this stuff. I do expect the same service from the other moderators as well.  ;)

I've got a short and a long answer to that other question, but the long one is no option on this thread. The short one: after 1400 poems about hurt, sadness, pain and melancholy, I thought it would be a good idea to leave it at that. Obviously, no publisher was interested in this crap, so  I wrote a children's book for my two little nieces, which gave more satisfaction than selling a million copies of depressing rhyming words.  

About 40 travel stories were next on the line and they managed to ink the university papers at no profit at all. Around 2006, I changed my creativity into painting (what pays well WHEN it sells), but hey, I'm the most feared man in my family and amongst friends when it comes to Sinterklaas poems. No kidding. I think my favourite style of writing can be described as positive, humorous with a 'slightly' sarcastic tone.

@Esgigt

It's not fair that Mojo send you a note, even in pretty good Dutch, explaining all this stuff. I do expect the same service from the other moderators as well.  ;)

I've got a short and a long answer to that other question, but the long one is no option on this thread. The short one: after 1400 poems about hurt, sadness, pain and melancholy, I thought it would be a good idea to leave it at that. Obviously, no publisher was interested in this crap, so  I wrote a children's book for my two little nieces, which gave more satisfaction than selling a million copies of depressing rhyming words.  

About 40 travel stories were next on the line and they managed to ink the university papers at no profit at all. Around 2006, I changed my creativity into painting (what pays well IF it sells), but hey, I'm the most feared man in my family and amongst friends when it comes to Sinterklaas poems. No kidding. I think my favourite style of writing can be described as positive, humorous with a 'slightly' sarcastic tone.

Hunebedbouwer, I don't know why many people didn't get this mail (yet?) ...

Like all of you I bought my ticket on-line, so they ought to have everybody's email-addresses.

Thanks for answering my question about being/becoming a writer.. ;)

I liked the way you wrote that post. It actually impressed me.

See you tomorrow... perhaps!

@Esgigt

Thanks for the compliment

I will be dressed as I write: gumboots, jeans and a T-shirt with on the frontside 'SHINE' and on the backside 'I am better than Floor!'. 

Gumboots? Do you travel from the farmland immediately to the concerthall?

Edit: this is a joke

Is there a meet somewhere? Or meeting-point?

:giggle:@Halinian

My cows said 'booh' to your joke.

I think the meet is a Nightwish concert and the meeting point is the Heineken Music Hall, but I'm not sure if you've grasped that yet. :giggle:

Sorry, I find it sometimes hard to be serious when I'm in a very good mood. To be honest, I would love to meet you all, but my visiting plan (I'm depending on someone else) does not allow much, if any, meeting  :[