*Dandelion*

World Tour EFMB 2015/2016 pt. ll.

1,120 posts in this topic

I still haven't seen the band on this tour. Are these Russia-gigs going to be the end of the tour (apart from the festivals), or are they going to end the tour in Helsinki as they have done earler years?

I still haven't seen the band on this tour. Are these Russia-gigs going to be the end of the tour (apart from the festivals), or are they going to end the tour in Helsinki as they have done earler years?

Russia will be basically end of the tour. The tour actually ends in Japan in October, i believe.

I wonder if they are still going to fit in something between the european festivals and that one show in Japan in October. It doesn´t make sense to me to keep a 1½ month break and then go to Japan for just that one show.

In the vlog show in Birmingham earlier in this thread Ewo clearly states that the tour ends in the middle of October. In an interview Troy said they would be going to exotic locations they had not visited before. So there will be more shows after the summer festivals, but where?

^Nope. Using Troy as second guitarist here and then IMO would not mean replacing Emppu or taking anything away from his work - quite the contrary:

If Troy for example was to play rhythm guitar, there would be more space for Emppu playing the lead guitar, including solos! Obviously many of the big names (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc.) in metal are using two guitarists.

Generally, I would love to see more NW members to further explore their musical skills beyond their traditional "roles". It would be a waste of skill if we did not get to hear more of Troy's guitar skills (or Floor playing the flute!).

But most all metal bands always have two guitarists. Iron Maiden and Judas Priest have never not had two guitar players. Unless the band is not into soloing bands always have two people playing the guitar one lead one rhythm. In some cases they have both play lead and rhythm Dragonforce for example.

^Nope. Using Troy as second guitarist here and then IMO would not mean replacing Emppu or taking anything away from his work - quite the contrary:

If Troy for example was to play rhythm guitar, there would be more space for Emppu playing the lead guitar, including solos! Obviously many of the big names (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc.) in metal are using two guitarists.

Generally, I would love to see more NW members to further explore their musical skills beyond their traditional "roles". It would be a waste of skill if we did not get to hear more of Troy's guitar skills (or Floor playing the flute!).

But most all metal bands always have two guitarists. Iron Maiden and Judas Priest have never not had two guitar players. Unless the band is not into soloing bands always have two people playing the guitar one lead one rhythm. In some cases they have both play lead and rhythm Dragonforce for example.

Right - I think that was what I way trying to say. Iron Maiden even have three guitarists since 1999, to be precise. You could even say that NW is more of an exception in having only one guitarist - which they could change now if they wanted Troy to be more engaged in guitar playing.

^ That wouldn't work on Nightwish, because they don't need more guitars, unless they go to a heavier side (which is pretty unlikely they will). They are a symphonic/folk metal band not a heavy metal/power metal band, not anymore

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFL91GdNymc/?taken-by=nw_new_era

Judging by this instagram post, Floor did an interview  with the russian fan club, where she said russians will have some big surprises on the setlist: it will contain songs that has never been played before. When she was asked which ones, she said "I don't wanna spoil the surprise".

Sorry for the kinda lame information, I don't know if this information is 100% true, and I can't read the full interview either

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFL91GdNymc/?taken-by=nw_new_era

Judging by this instagram post, Floor did an interview  with the russian fan club, where she said russians will have some big surprises on the setlist: it will contain songs that has never been played before. When she was asked which ones, she said "I don't wanna spoil the surprise".

Sorry for the kinda lame information, I don't know if this information is 100% true, and I can't read the full interview either

:woot:

I need this to be true.

Plz.

Probably Our Decades will be one of them. They said they would play it at some point in Europe

I'm highly HIGHLY skeptical it will be any golden oldies. 99 percent chance it's the Decades song or Rest Calm or something. But I hope they prove me. wrong

Rest Calm would be so good though! I always thought it deserved another chance. But they have done that one...twice I think?

Will probably never happen (especially if they perform Our Decades - seems they don't want to have too many slow songs on the setlist) but how good would Turn Loose the Mermaids be? I think Floor could do that song really well, even if I do love Anette's voice on it. :)

Sagan and Our Decades. I bet. :P

Me too! And I think both songs would sound great live, especially Sagan with its contagious energy.

It's time for Our Decades - as they told, and Sagan is in the list in Tero hands. No Gethsemane or AFF or Slaying the dreamer there. No hope :(

It's time for Our Decades - as they told, and Sagan is in the list in Tero hands. No Gethsemane or AFF or Slaying the dreamer there. No hope :(

Neither is Sahara but they played it anyway

Three more European shows announced for September:

08.09.2016 - Coliseu Lisboa, Lisbon - Portugal

10.09.2016 - Barclaycard Center, Madrid - Spain

14.09.2016 - Arena Armeec, Sofia - Bulgaria

Looks like there's gonna be a European tour after all :)

http://nightwish.com/en/live

HOLY FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER! THEY ARE COMING IN SOFIA IN SEPTEMBER!!!

I must say - finally! It's been quite a lot of time since our idiots of promoters have being trying to invite them here-only 10 years :D