*Dandelion*

World Tour EFMB 2015/2016 pt. ll.

1,120 posts in this topic

The funny bit is that Kai, Floor and (in his non-shreddy but very groovy way) Marco are so instructional video-good that they are beginning to make Emppu's soloing sound sloppy to me.

More like Troy's amazing solos are :P

We still love you Emppu <3

Empu's guitars are basic for NW sound. I can't imagine the band without him. Besides, he's my favourite member live; his runs, his faces, his sensitivity, his guitar picks... Troy is a good addition, but my guitarrist in NW is and will always be Mr Vuorinen. And he's a fantastic guitar player, to say the least.

I survived my first Nightwish show! My phone is an ancient rune so I apologise for possible spelling issues. I can't really see what I have writren. It in in the middle of the night, so I will just write this while I remember it. I was quite surprised at the none-EMFB song, well some of them. In chronological order:

Ever Dream

Sahara

Storytime

Nemo

I want My Tears Back

GSL

Last Ride Of The Day

(not too sure about the I want mtb placement)

What the.. Hahahah. So random, I love it. Maybe Marco will feature in Mambo no 5 or Natalie Imbruglia could join them for Romanticide.

Honestly That's my kind of festival lol very varied.

I like Natalie Imburglia tbh.

Maybe they just like going to Czech Republic :P In such a small country they made one of the biggest shows this tour, I think it was even bigger than Wembley. They have a huge fanbase over there

It's going to be their 4th gig here during EFMB tour after Masters of Rock, sold out Prague (over 12 500 ppl) and Metalfest. And it's not a metal festival they are playing, its a local event that is held to celebrate the city of Havířov. Every year they invite a big band to play there. For example in the preview years they had Lordi, Hammerfall, Within Temptation, Stratovarius, Guano Apes, Europe, Halloween... Always complemented by non-metal bands and local artists :-)

Compare this Stargazers with the performance of any third-rate cover band, for example this one (which isn't so third rate by the way) and hear for yourself what I mean :)

Stargazers is a good example - the NA EFMB tour comes to my mind where Emppu played a few funky tones in Stargazers here and then, like in this one. Kai by comparison played like clockwork.

Then again, I really like Emppu as a character as he appears to be a great band mate from what you can see on stage.  I remember that he smiled at me at a European concert of the EFMB tour I attended in the front, a great moment I will never forget - felt like the great vibe in the band was pouring over the audience. :D

Troy guitar is melodic and all he does is playing little solos here and there that Emppu could play too if he wasn't busy playing the rythmic base.

The only things the band has to change are Vile Valho and their management.

This is a huge underrating of Troy's talent. Not only has he practically proven on the NW Cruise that he can do more than just plucking some strings. He has also  stated that he started with guitars first because Pink Floyd had a huge impact on him. Hence, I would assume that he has been practising it a lot and should be able to pull off at least some of David Gilmour's stuff.

Can't object on Ville though. I am anxious about him ruining with his stroboscopic editing the upcoming DVD which I am desparately waiting for!

If there are indeed more dates to come I wish they would announce them like today.

If there are indeed more dates to come I wish they would announce them like today.

Totally! I don't know what they're waiting for

Off topic posts were moved to the Nightwish Off Topic thread HERE

If you wish to continue discussing the style of the band, the preparedness of the musicians, what kinds of albums you’d like to hear in the future, etc; please do so in the Nightwish Off Topic thread. Thank you!

I think there will be some dates announced for Asia (South Korea). I guess they will play there shortly before Japan in October.

Look, what the Facebook admin wrote in the comment section (https://www.facebook.com/nightwish/photos/a.10150185750375068.435058.14644790067/10157037758830068/?type=3&theater )

김혜원 dear Nightwish sir,

I sincerely hope that i will be able to watch your performance in Korea.before I die

2 · 16. Juni um 07:55
11069917_10155585045825068_2918853677485
Nightwish Announced soon ;)
16. Juni um 20:55

^ Interesting! It's nice to see them reaching all the corners of the world, so fitting with album theme. It's a shame the south african date ended up in nothing, that would've been a cool place to add

Another Sahara-clip (Kosice, 1.6) . I like Troy's e-bow guitarparts in the middle, btw. They fit the song perfectly and raelly add something fresh to the song. 

As supposed the last tour dates are in Asia:

THE LAST FOUR SHOWS OF THE "ENDLESS FORMS MOST BEAUTIFUL WORLD TOUR 2015-2016" ARE HERE:

02 OCT 2016 Samsung Blue Square, Seoul, SOUTH KOREA
05 OCT 2016 A8 Live House, Shenzeng, CHINA
07 OCT 2016 QSW Culture Center, Shanghai, CHINA
09 OCT 2016 LOUD PARK FESTIVAL, Tokyo, JAPAN

FB and http://nightwish.com/en/live

wow I didn't expect them to visit China again, specially Shangai, they're doing the show in the exact same place they did months ago! They must've liked it there

wow I didn't expect them to visit China again, specially Shangai, they're doing the show in the exact same place they did months ago! They must've liked it there

Shangai was sold out pretty soon and many people couldn't see them, so it's logical to repeat to make up for it. And, you see, China is a HUGE  market. :horns: 

Another epsiode from lovely Brangelina! :giggle:

[media]

[/media]
I'll be there, already have my "front stage" tickets

Another Sahara-clip (Kosice, 1.6) . I like Troy's e-bow guitarparts in the middle, btw. They fit the song perfectly and raelly add something fresh to the song. 

Gold.

I can't believe the way this band keeps getting better, so fast.

One moment they are a bunch of failed musos with a Sarah McLachlan clone on vocals[*], you blink and bam, they are friggin' Rush (well, okay, Rush when Lifeson has had too much to drink).

[*] Sorry Anette, I love you, but you are not exactly a grandiose and technically impressive metal singer.

Gold.

I can't believe the way this band keeps getting better, so fast.

One moment they are a bunch of failed musos with a Sarah McLachlan clone on vocals[*], you blink and bam, they are friggin' Rush (well, okay, Rush when Lifeson has had too much to drink).

[*] Sorry Anette, I love you, but you are not exactly a grandiose and technically impressive metal singer.

Alex when dog-face wasted shredded more than Nightwish does now.

Not denying Floor is an improvement, but c'mon bruh.

Found this interactive video (in an extremely good quality) earlier today on YouTube. It's a performance of Yours Is an Empty Hope live from Qstock festival last year: