Dead To The World (92)

Vehicle Of Spirit

891 posts in this topic

What do you want to see in the live DVD that's supposedly going to be released near the end of the year?

Personally the main thing for me is that it should include at least one full show (preferably Wembley) from the tour. Besides that it could have some highlights from the other shows and some kind of a tour documentary. Anything else would be a nice extra to see. 

As for the name of the upcoming release, I think that's obvious:

We Were Here... And in Various Other Places  ;)

What are your thoughts?

The name has to be "The Second Greatest Show on Earth". 

From Wishes to Wembley? :P

I pretty much agree with the Dead To The World (92) about what should be on the DVD. A double-disc release containing the full shows of Wembley and one of the huge Finland shows would be amazing, but I doubt it'll happen. :P As long as it's an entire show (preferrably Wembley) and the Blu Ray isn't screwed up by being slowed down again then I'll be happy. :)

I'd like Wembley too and some extra songs from other shows, like The Islander, Wishmaster or Sleeping Sun, which weren't played at Wembley.  And I would like to have that acoustic concert at Baltic Princess with Edema Ruh, Wonderful Life etc Apart from that they can include anything they feel like, it'll be welcome.

It was said several times by the band members that many shows will be merged into one long set. The ideal title would be We Were Here indeed, because of the emphasis it would have at the end of TGSoE and also because they were here during the last twenty years being one of the biggest metal bands. ;)

My perfect setlist would be the following (considering Tampere, Mexico City and Wembley concerts):

Shudder Before the Beautiful (Live from Tampere)
Yours Is an Empty Hope (Live from Tampere)
Ever Dream (Live from Wembley)
Storytime (Live from Wembley)

Amaranth (Live from Tampere)

She Is My Sin (Live from Tampere)
Wishmaster (Live from Mexico City)
My Walden (Live from Wembley)
While Your Lips Are Still Red (Live from Wembley)
The Islander (Live from Tampere)
Élan (Live from Wembley)
Weak Fantasy (Live from Wembley)
7 Days to the Wolves (Live from Wembley)
Dark Chest of Wonders (Live from Mexico City)
Endless Forms Most Beautiful (Live from Tampere)
Alpenglow (Live from Tampere)
I Want My Tears Back (Live from Mexico City)
The Poet and the Pendulum (Live from Wembley)
Nemo (Live from Wembley)
Stargazers (Live from Wembley)
Sleeping Sun (Live from Tampere)
Ghost Love Score (Live from Tampere)
Last Ride of the Day (Live from Wembley)

The Greatest Show on Earth (Live from Tampere, Mexico City & Wembley) (featuring Professor Richard Dawkins)

So a full concert won't be released?

I thought Wembley was going to be released in full...especially with all the rave reviews in the press...

I hope they merge all gigs so we get all songs, even ones played scarcely.

This is a difficult one because having a 'best of nightwish live' dvd doesn't always work. Live compilation dvds aren't always the answer and a live dvd of a single concert works better in terms of flow and consistency. Personally I wouldn't want a meshed version of nightwish live patched together

I think the band will release the Wembley show in its entirety and have a bonus selection of songs ( which were not played at Wembley ) from other concerts...still keeps everyone happy to a certain extent :)  maybe

I agree. A full show works much better and I think Wembley will be released in full.

I would honestly be gutted if Wembley is not released in full. Sure, it was the concert I went too. It was also my first Nightwish concert. And yes, I know I sound selfish as many would be happy just have been there.

But that concert was a magical experience, and I know so many Nightwish fans who I am desperate to share that evening with, who wished they had been there, who marvelled at it even if all they saw was the set list and a few rough online videos.

It was the night of my life. 2015 was the year that saw me fully embrace Nightwish for the first time in my life. I was a mere fan before then, a casual one. But 2015, a very difficult year for me, was lifted from darkness by their music. I bonded with Endless Forms Most Beautiful in a way I have rarely bonded with music, and that concert was a gift I know I did not deserve.

It deserves a full release.

I would honestly be gutted if Wembley is not released in full. Sure, it was the concert I went too. It was also my first Nightwish concert. And yes, I know I sound selfish as many would be happy just have been there.

But that concert was a magical experience, and I know so many Nightwish fans who I am desperate to share that evening with, who wished they had been there, who marvelled at it even if all they saw was the set list and a few rough online videos.

It was the night of my life. 2015 was the year that saw me fully embrace Nightwish for the first time in my life. I was a mere fan before then, a casual one. But 2015, a very difficult year for me, was lifted from darkness by their music. I bonded with Endless Forms Most Beautiful in a way I have rarely bonded with music, and that concert was a gift I know I did not deserve.

It deserves a full release.

Floor said "We will film this entire show with you here to immortalise this special moment" before YIAEH so I'll be surprised if Wembley isn't a full release especially with the overall reaction to the night.So I'm with you on this.Come on Nightwish give us Wembley in it's full HD blu- ray glory.

Although I'll be unpopular for saying this, Ratinan Stadion in Tampere was better in my opinion. Such event had the biggest public in a own show of the band ever! Wembley surely was special and had The Poet and the Pendulum and Dawkins, but apart from that was a random arena gig with a killer promotion.

I agree with GhostHell. And I also like that it was an outdoors concert.

Although I'll be unpopular for saying this, Ratinan Stadion in Tampere was better in my opinion. Such event had the biggest public in a own show of the band ever! Wembley surely was special and had The Poet and the Pendulum and Dawkins, but apart from that was a random arena gig with a killer promotion.

Were you there?

Are you aware how special it is for UK fans to see any metal band at all in an arena or stadium?

Do you have any idea just how much they shook things up for the media in the UK in 2015?

WERE YOU EVEN THERE?

I agree with GhostHell! I attended the Tampere gig and it was awesome in every possible way!

But overall I think the Wembley gig had a better setlist. Ever Dream, WYLASR, 7DTTW and TPATP would all be amazing to have at the Tampere set.

Were you there?

Are you aware how special it is for UK fans to see any metal band at all in an arena or stadium?

Do you have any idea just how much they shook things up for the media in the UK in 2015?

WERE YOU EVEN THERE?

Just because it was special for you or your countrymen does not mean it has to be uber-special for the rest of the world. Chill down, and use caps lock. 

On another note, I loved the catwalk in Tampere, but Wembley indeed had a better setlist. 

Has anyone of you thinked If there will be few different bluray releases with different full concert.

I mean eg:  1 bluray has full gig of Tampere,Ratina,  2 bluray has full Wembley gig and every disc has same "special features" just different full concert?

And those bluray are separete disc what Mad Supply/Nuclear Blast selling,not at same package.    

Maybe that is the "key",  we get few full concerts with same special features.. (maybe one accoustic concert from summer cruise 2015 of Marco,Troy,Floor,Kai)  :yes:

Or maybe there will be  double concert set (like big + small concert)  eg Wembley + Tampere  or summer cruise concert

I liked more Wembley gig,and hope that we get it full at bluray.

Hey, guys, no need to argue about that; they can release both full concerts and everybody happy. They could shorten their usual documentary about the tour to half and hour, and compensate releasing both gigs.Most of us would be very grateful. And then we can compare them and say which one is the best, hehehe

Were you there?

WERE YOU EVEN THERE?

No, I was not there. But it does not alter the fact that I can express my opinion, right? And although it was not special for me, I know it was special for most of the fans in UK (and even for the band). I actually said it on my post, just read. And in the same way, I consider special the couple of shows at HMH in Amsterdam because of Floor's strong emotions and Bercy Arena in Paris due the terrorist attacks and the fragility of the crowd back in November.

And my post in general was not directed to the performance level or the fan feelings at Wembley, but the euphoria created around it and how it was a random arena concert, apart from Dawkins' participation and the fact they were the first Finnish band to perform in there. The setlist was slightly better, though. But nothing else in my opinion, so my statement that Tampere was better. Stressing that this is just my opinion and it won't diminish its awesomeness or how special it was for you, so calm down. ;)

I think Tampere deserves it better. The Wembley show is getting overrated, Within Temptation also made a concert there in 2014 and didn't make such a big deal about it

Wembley is really not just some "random arena concert". I mean really, it isn't.

There's a reason it was so hyped up from its announcement. There's a reason that when Troy was speaking before 'My Walden' he said he'd been dreaming about playing there since he was about 9. There's a reason so many of us think it'd be awesome to have the show released as a DVD, and why it would make sense for it to take priority over other, "bigger" shows.

Wembley may not be the biggest venue in size (even in London), but the history and reputation it has is what makes it such a "legendary" arena. For a European metal band like Nightwish to not only perform there, but to sell out, is pretty amazing.

(I'm surprised WT didn't make a bigger deal out of it too tbh, but then they don't seem to have been as bothered about releasing shows as DVDs lately, as is evidenced by the Elements concert - their 15th anniversary event with a live orchestra and everything - which if I'm correct was never planned to be released anyway, and when it was still had songs cut out - and good ones too. But that's another discussion entirely...)

All I'm saying is this was a pretty huge event in Nightwish's history, and to have it recorded and released in full only makes sense. Plus, as others have mentioned, the atmosphere was electric, the performances brilliant, and the setlist arguably better than the big Finnish shows. And, you know, having Richard Dawkins there at the end made it even more special.

Don't get me wrong, I also think Tampere is deserving of a release and would love a double-disc DVD with two concerts, as I said in my earlier post. But if we only get one concert released, it's probably gonna be Wembley.

How about-

Disc 1 Wembley full show

Disc 2 Tampere full show

Disc 3 Cruise/ Rio/Mexico/Vancouver highlight's

Disc 4 EFMB Tour Documentary

How about-

Disc 1 Wembley full show

Disc 2 Tampere full show

Disc 3 Cruise/ Rio/Mexico/Vancouver highlight's

Disc 4 EFMB Tour Documentary

That would honestly be possibly the best DVD/Blu Ray release they could give us.

So of course it'll never happen. :P

In the end they'll release just the Toronto concert and thus silence both pro-Wembley and pro-Tampere camps. :P