Dead To The World (92)

Vehicle Of Spirit

891 posts in this topic

Have you guys seen this?

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-09-21/we-went-to-nightwishs-exclusive-new-dvd-screening-in-finland

It seems we will have to wait until November 25th. Oh well. The good things come to those who wait.

Cool article! Sounds like the band is really getting behind this release, which is good news. I'm fine with waiting a few more weeks if it means higher quality!

Although now it won't be released in time for my birthday... and I had already begged my wife to buy it as a gift. There's always Christmas ;)

Have you guys seen this?

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-09-21/we-went-to-nightwishs-exclusive-new-dvd-screening-in-finland

It seems we will have to wait until November 25th. Oh well. The good things come to those who wait.

Says Holopainen, “The DVD is not the closing of an era, but the closing of this particular chapter (...)”

Mmm this is interesting, and a bit scary, too. I wonder what it means.

EDIT: He probably just meant the closing of the EFMB chapter and I'm reading too much into it haha.

Have you guys seen this?

Says Holopainen, “The DVD is not the closing of an era, but the closing of this particular chapter (...)”

EDIT: He probably just meant the closing of the EFMB chapter and I'm reading too much into it haha.

Yeah, I think you are reading too much, don't freak out. After all the drama involved in Tarja's and Anette's dismissals I think we have become too oversensitive.

Have you guys seen this?

Yeah, I think you are reading too much, don't freak out. After all the drama involved in Tarja's and Anette's dismissals I think we have become too oversensitive.

Exactly  :teehee:

I doubt very much this DVD will mark the end of this particular line up (the only possibility I can see is if Jukka recovers and returns to his role in the band before the next release), but perhaps Tuomas's comment might indicate that he plans a change in direction musically, similar to the change after WM/OTHAFA towards the more symphonic, bombastic style of the later albums? That said, since the songs haven't been written yet, it was probably just referring to the end of the EFMB tour.

Have you guys seen this?

I think, by drawing a comparison to End of an Era,  it precisely means: "tell you what, kids, in a totally unexpected twist we did not fire the singer at the end of this concert".

I already couldn't wait until November 4th, now I have to wait even longer :cry: :cry: .

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. And I hope the presales are really good :D.

I note that Teamrock managed to sum up all the drinks and meet-and-greet in their article but seemingly did not write anything about the actual screening and individual impressions of their editors. Instead, Ville is quoted saying:

The Wembley footage is more raw and filmed almost in a guerrilla style with lots of blue lighting.

I hope we don't get Ville's version of Blair Witch Protect at Wembley! Any idea what "guerilla style" means in the context of camera work?

I don't expect anything good from Ville. My advice is to lower your expectations too. The guy is the total noob.

Please not Vile again :/ good grief.

Edit: Oh wait, he's already talking about how the most grandiose and important concert in the band's history is going to look all blue and epileptic  :dash:  :dash:  :dash:  for god's sake!!

Hope AT LEAST the audio is decent this time.

I note that Teamrock managed to sum up all the drinks and meet-and-greet in their article but seemingly did not write anything about the actual screening and individual impressions of their editors. Instead, Ville is quoted saying:

The Wembley footage is more raw and filmed almost in a guerrilla style with lots of blue lighting.

I hope we don't get Ville's version of Blair Witch Protect at Wembley! Any idea what "guerilla style" means in the context of camera work?

Guerrilla war takes place when a group of soilders fights from a more elevated position than the enemy, for example, they shoot from the top of a hill, so I think it means camera on the top aiming down to the band and vice versa.

Guerrilla war takes place when a group of soilders fights from a more elevated position than the enemy, for example, they shoot from the top of a hill, so I think it means camera on the top aiming down to the band and vice versa.

I think we can definitely expect something similar to Ghost Love Score from Bueons Aires, I Want My Tears Back from Hartwall Arena and a lot of other live clips on Nightwish Youtube channel which were directed by Vile... I like that style but eventually its sound is much more important to me :-)

Also see here for a more detailed description of what guerilla filmmaking means.

Why do I have a feeling there are going to be jump cuts ever 10 seconds or so. They should have got the guy who did Kamelots live DVD or even the guy that did Dark Tranquillitys DVD.

Why do I have a feeling there are going to be jump cuts ever 10 seconds or so. They should have got the guy who did Kamelots live DVD or even the guy that did Dark Tranquillitys DVD.

Literally anyone else would have sufficed.

Literally anyone else would have sufficed.

Oh god no it's going to be like the Within Temptations Black Symphony with so many jump cuts that I can no longer watch it. Ever Symphonic metal band should take notes from Kamelot and Dark Tranquillity on how to do a live DVD. You don't need jump cuts ever 10 to 15 seconds. Because you know staying on the band for like a good 2 minutes is not a bad thing. It's kind of what people want to see on the DVD any ways.

Oh no.

Not this again.

There was a DVD but it was loads of years ago, can't remember the band now. But you could chose the camera angle, drums/guitar/vocals etc and that was fun.

There was a DVD but it was loads of years ago, can't remember the band now. But you could chose the camera angle, drums/guitar/vocals etc and that was fun.

Rush and Dream Theater come to mind - could be that?

That would be great to have.

In the first Epica DVD there is this Multiangle version of "The Phantom Agony" music video. You can select among the set, the different characters, etc.

Very interesting feature!!

It's a shame this technology doesn't really translate into TV viewing.