Dead To The World (92)

Vehicle Of Spirit

891 posts in this topic

Nuclear Blast has put some of their editions on now too. Wonder what the difference between these two is except for the price...

Earbook 3 DVD + 2 BR + 2 CD 50€ http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/dvd-bluray/earbook/nightwish-vehicle-of-spirit-earbook.html

CD Box Set (Mailorder) 3 DVD + 2 BR + 2 CD 80 € http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/cd-boxset/nightwish-vehicle-of-spirit-mailorder-edition.html

EDIT: Probably just wrong info put to the products, but the prize is -20 € compared to the same release Madsupply offers.

I think Mailorder includes two LP's... So must be wrong info.

Nuclear Blast has put some of their editions on now too. Wonder what the difference between these two is except for the price...

Earbook 3 DVD + 2 BR + 2 CD 50€ http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/dvd-bluray/earbook/nightwish-vehicle-of-spirit-earbook.html

CD Box Set (Mailorder) 3 DVD + 2 BR + 2 CD 80 € http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/cd-boxset/nightwish-vehicle-of-spirit-mailorder-edition.html

EDIT: Probably just wrong info put to the products, but the prize is -20 € compared to the same release Madsupply offers.

I think Mailorder includes two LP's... So must be wrong info.

Although the picture shows 3 LP...

Can I just say that I completely adore the tracklisting of everything including bonus? So much to watch over and over again...

The Amazon (USA) listing has 2 options: Blu-Ray and DVD.

The details are very limited, but Blu-Ray says 4 discs and DVD says 5 discs.

According to Nuclear Blast , it seems like the versions are:

DVD: Disc 1: Wembley, Disc 2: Tampere, Disc 3: Bonus.

Blu-Ray: Disc 1: Wembley, Disc 2: Tampere + Bonus

Not sure what the other 2 discs are according to Amazon, but it would be great if they were the audio discs instead of a typo.

I'm kinda mad they're not releasing the standalone CD, not even in iTunes. Come on, it's the best setlist ever.

I'm kinda mad they're not releasing the standalone CD, not even in iTunes. Come on, it's the best setlist ever.

Is that for sure? Showtime, Storytime is on Spotify and other streaming services. 

I'm going to buy the Blu-Ray set and hope the audio version shows up on Spotify (I never use physical media anymore).

If not, I will rip the mp3s myself from the Blu-Rays and upload them to my phone.

I dont know what to order. I want that two CDs. But to get them I need to order an earbook. Which means I will pay for something I cant watch (Blurays) cause I dont have a bluray player. Or maybe I will just order 3 DVDs digibook and ciao. I hate choosing. *ugh* 

Is that for sure? Showtime, Storytime is on Spotify and other streaming services. 

I'm going to buy the Blu-Ray set and hope the audio version shows up on Spotify (I never use physical media anymore).

If not, I will rip the mp3s myself from the Blu-Rays and upload them to my phone.

STx2 had an standalone audio release.

I will wait to pre-order it. I want the Blu-rays and CDs, but I don't need the DVDs, I won't use them. I don't understand why did they made that Earbook. In addition, there are some people that only want the CDs.

The Amazon (USA) listing has 2 options: Blu-Ray and DVD.

The details are very limited, but Blu-Ray says 4 discs and DVD says 5 discs.

I hope there is a version with only the Blu-rays and CDs like I AM ERROR said.

I dont know what to order. I want that two CDs. But to get them I need to order an earbook. Which means I will pay for something I cant watch (Blurays) cause I dont have a bluray player. Or maybe I will just order 3 DVDs digibook and ciao. I hate choosing. *ugh*

Same here! I do not own a bluray player, so I can't play them. Plus, I'm on a budget and need to think before buying something. I could afford the DVD package probably but it's a bummer that the CDs are not included.

Does anyone know if a download of the video will be offered somewhere? (A legal one, of course.) I'm asking because that way it would be possible to get higher quality without the Blurays.

What's wrong with releasing it in the format of Blu-ray+ CD,or DVD+ CD like last time.I don't grasp the logic of having to buy a package where you have to get one format that you don't want to get the CD's that you do want.Obviously I understand the money making concept behind it.Do people really buy a movie on Blu-ray and buy it as well on DVD or vice versa for no reason,other than to have one that you will never watch?????

Honestly, I have no idea why ya'll don't have BR players in 2016? And before you jump on me because of the price of the unit itself - some BR players are actually cheaper than this earbook or mediabook :)

Honestly, I have no idea why ya'll don't have BR players in 2016? And before you jump on me because of the price of the unit itself - some BR players are actually cheaper than this earbook or mediabook :)

Not wanting to derail this thread but I personally don't have a TV and watch my DVDs on my laptop. I bought an external drive some months ago because the internal drive is broken. That drive is only DVD and not bluray drive. It's also because my laptop is six years old with the model being two years older than that. So I don't think it is fast enough to play blurays, so that's why I buy DVDs. I can easily see the difference between DVD and bluray, it's  just my laptop is limiting me. 

Who buys DVD's at this point in time? lol if you don't have a BluRay just buy the HD version on itunes or something, DVD quality is horrendous.

What's wrong with releasing it in the format of Blu-ray+ CD,or DVD+ CD like last time.I don't grasp the logic of having to buy a package where you have to get one format that you don't want to get the CD's that you do want.Obviously I understand the money making concept behind it.Do people really buy a movie on Blu-ray and buy it as well on DVD or vice versa for no reason,other than to have one that you will never watch?????

That's weird indeed. When I bought my two first BD-movies some years ago, I also got DVD in the same package, I don't know if that's a common practice or not. I orderer earbook version, and I consider giving those DVD's away to someone who might be interested (maybe a colleague who's still not sure if Floor really is the best thing ever happened to Nightwish :) ). 

I'd avoid buying BR players in that price category.

I have no idea why they decided to include both the Blu-ray and DVD release in the same package, since it's literally the same content. DVD's used to be bundled with new Blu-ray releases back when they wanted people to "migrate" to the new format, but these days HD and Blu-ray is the norm and they're trying to push 4K on us already. For people who didn't own a Blu-ray player it was a future proof purchase and for those who already owned one the extra DVD made for a nice gift to a friend. Digital copies eventually replaced DVD's in these bundles, as they were more convenient for people who wanted to watch the movies on a touch pad or laptop while travelling and such.

But I digress. I feel like if you can afford a 50+ Euro deluxe edition... and you don't own a blu-ray player which can easily be found for the exact same price these days? I mean, isn't the target audience of these editions those who really want something extra fancy?

You know, instead of making the audio discs exclusive to the Earbook edition they could have released them as a stand-alone package as well and instead put Tampere and the random live performances on a couple of more audio discs that were exclusive to this set in place of those redundant DVD's (and of course keep the Wembley audio as well as the Blu-rays as part of the package).

With all that being said, this is still shaping up to be their best release ever! Wow. So much fan service! Truly happy to be a fan right now!

I'd avoid buying BR players in that price category.

You could always buy a used PS3 if you want a good Blu-ray player for a low price. But honestly, there are decent brand new Blu-ray players that can be had for around 50 Euro. They just tend to be on the basic side without all the extra features. The format has lost a bit of value over the years and will continue to do so as we're moving onto 4K.

^ I totally agree! I thought it was odd they included the DVDs in the Earbook. While it saves people with only DVD players from buying an Earbook and the DVDs, they could have released Earbook editions with the DVDs and Earbook editions with Blu-ray, to solve that problem.

Oh well, I am happy with the content itself. And hopefully the Earbook contains some great images, particularly some new ones from the Tour Guides that were released all through the tour. I can't wait to pre-order mine soon :).

And I hope we get a good teaser video between now and then. Perhaps "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" from Tampere, or "7 Days to the Wolves" from Wembley.

I kind of want them to take a leap of faith and just release the full recording of The Greatest Show on Earth from Wembley to promote this release. It's larger than life and embodies the "vehicle of spirit" mentality they speak of. I don't feel like anyone could watch that performance and not have massive respect for the band's talent. Élan is a pretty song, but choosing it to represent the album backfired because, well.. it's doesn't. The Greatest Show on Earth at Wembley is the Endless Forms Most Beautiful Tour in a nutshell (although if they do want to release something shorter as well, then Ever Dream at Wembley is the way to go).

By the way, I'm totally going to compile a live version of the album using this release! I'm sad it will be missing Our Decades in the Sun but you can't have everything. I really hope they will perform it on a future tour though, along with Sagan! 

Who buys DVD's at this point in time? lol if you don't have a BluRay just buy the HD version on itunes or something, DVD quality is horrendous.

I do. Atleast in this case I bought EarBook, just because:

a) I wanted the book. As an graphic designer i am also interested about the whole visual concept.

b) I have a bluray at home. But my computer's external disc drive supports only DVD format.

c) Earbook is easier to carry with you than to download 10-12Gigabytes of data from the cloud. And that data unnecessarily fills your laptops SSD. DVD quality is good enough on the road, when you are wathing it with 13,3" screen.

d) I am filthy rich and I could afford it  :P

d) I am filthy rich and I could afford it  :P

Show off :P

I usually get the fancy all singing all dancing mail-order packages, but I think I'm just going to go with the earbook this time. I'm running out of space to put things...