Dead To The World (92)

Vehicle Of Spirit

891 posts in this topic

Not in the UK because the UK always gets screwed over.

And now according to Facebook the UK release date is the 16th.. Why the hell does the UK have to wait a week?

Posts merged. Please be careful not to double post and use the edit feature instead. Also self-censoring removed. - WhiteRaven

As I said of the SBTB video:

• The performance is insanely good.
  • The production is pretty decent (better than EOaE and Showtime imho) but this stuff is so damn good it would have ideally deserved Clearmountain and Scorsese :P
  • All in all, a resounding yay!

To be honest, I really like like the extensive usage of handheld cameras.

I know this sounds stupid, but it makes it somehow more real and less "televised".

A bit like those bootlegs on YouTube, except that it doesn't suck.

• The production is pretty decent (better than EOaE and Showtime imho) but this stuff is so damn good it would have ideally deserved Clearmountain and Scorsese :P

To be honest, I really like like the extensive usage of handheld cameras.

I know this sounds stupid, but it makes it somehow more real and less "televised".

Eh, I don't like the Wembley Arena looking like my backyard :P

To be honest, I really like like the extensive usage of handheld cameras.

Yep, it is refreshing. However, I think the camera crew could have done a bit better job. The angles aren't as good as they could/should be. I think i read from some interview that the band feels the same way They weren't totally satisfied with the local camera guys. But having said that it's not an awful result by any means.

Can't hear Floor (or Tuomas, or Kai) under the bass tbh

If loud bass sound bothers you this much then I'm sure your worst nightmare must be listening to Iron Maiden ;)

Posts merged. Please use edit-function instead of double posting. -HooPee-

I'm very excited about this DVD! If you don't enjoy these videos very much, keep in mind that the open-air show has been filmed in a more traditional way. I like this input they have given the Wembley show where it was filmed more guerrilla-like, I usually don't agree with Ville's point of view but if you get both shows together in a package it's okay!

The way it was filmed makes Wembley Arena look like a very small venue. Also, to much close-ups (to band members faces).

PD: About Maiden, I once was listening to "The number of the beast" on the car and had to lower bass on the speakers because I thought I had accidentally raised it up :D

To be honest, I really like like the extensive usage of handheld cameras.

Yep, it is refreshing. However, I think the camera crew could have done a bit better job. The angles aren't as good as they could/should be. I think i read from some interview that the band feels the same way They weren't totally satisfied with the local camera guys. But having said that it's not an awful result by any means.

Can't hear Floor (or Tuomas, or Kai) under the bass tbh

If loud bass sound bothers you this much then I'm sure your worst nightmare must be listening to Iron Maiden ;)

Posts merged. Please use edit-function instead of double posting. -HooPee-

Great song, Alpenglow! :) For me, it sounded pretty good. I will not repeat myself again, so I just refer to my earlier posts on the matter.

About the filming. Marco said in one interview on "VoS promotion day" in Helsinki in september (?) that they hired local people to do the filming in Wembley - and I quote: "most of them didn't really know what they were doing".

The youtube comments are hilarious, I can barely find a positive comment about the video. Nightwish, kick Ville. He isn't doing any good for you.

No keyboards found tho

I'm praying that this sound is an intentionally evil Version for releasing on YT ant not this what we get on DVD ...

I'm praying that this sound is an intentionally evil Version for releasing on YT ant not this what we get on DVD ...

Oh come on now.

It has its flaws, but it's better than anything they have released in the past 16 years, as far as live recordings go.

Would you rather have End of An Era's nu-metal sounds and abysmally cheesy editing and color grading?

I mean, I literally just peeked at it to see if it is as bad as I remembered. It was.

About the filming. Marco said in one interview on "VoS promotion day" in Helsinki in september (?) that they hired local people to do the filming in Wembley - and I quote: "most of them didn't really know what they were doing".

If this is true, I don't know why they even release this crap. It brings them only negative comments and negative marketing.

^At least it would explain why it has been labelled "guerilla-style filming", probably an euphemism for "most of the filming crew didn't really know what they were doing" - and were probably confusing filming with a paintball adventure.

Whilst the sound overall ist acceptable to my ears (listening through Beyerdynamic T90 headphones), the camera work IMO is undeniably too shaky, also in comparison to regular YT smartphone videos, and shots are grainy at times (e.g. the side angle on Floor and Tuomas). The bass indeed is rather (over)present but being an Iron Maiden fan myself I had to learn to live with this :P

batgif.gif

Good grief Nightwish. Stop. STOP.

I swear to God I can't for the life of me understand how they hire their crew.

It looks fine and sounds fine imo.

Mods can we get a technical thread please before this gets out of control.

Please stop it, it stopped being funny 40 posts ago :)

Maybe they were recommended to them and the company's porfolio was impressive? Maybe the company was forced to get extra crew in short notice? I hv been entrepreneur myself since 1999 and sometimes you have to rely on subcontractors. We don't know, ask the management or Tuomas. Band or management cannot control everything. And after all, band has approved the final product - and in media preshows reports have been appraising.

That being said, I am tired of the constant complaints from the certain people in the forum - What ever the band does, it is always wrong, bad, low quality, not propriate, doesn't fit or something else. Actually so tired to this negative ongoing attitude that decided not to follow these english threads anymore.

Take Care.

Tuomas said in an interview (can´t remember which one) that the Tampere show was initially supposed to be the Main Event of the DVD. Only one or some songs from Wembley were likely supposed to be part of the bonus material.

Now I was at the Tampere show standing about 5 meters behind one of the cameras, which certainly looked hightech to my uneducated eye. Based on this and Tuomas comments, I expect the Tampere show to be at a higher level both visually and soundwise.

@GreatEye, not sure If you´re being sarcastic, but there are lots of positive comments on youtube. And with a like/dislike percentage of about 98-99, I think it safe to say that dispite some of the flaws (which are largely subjective because it´s clear not everyone agrees), the two videos so far released from Wembley show have been very well received by fans in general! So no worries about negative marketing imo..

And now according to Facebook the UK release date is the 16th.. Why the hell does the UK have to wait a week?

I only received an e-mail from Nuclear Blast that the release had to be rescheduled for 16th December.

That being said, I am tired of the constant complaints from the certain people in the forum - What ever the band does, it is always wrong, bad, low quality, not propriate, doesn't fit or something else. Actually so tired to this negative ongoing attitude that decided not to follow these english threads anymore.

Take Care.

How dare paying costumers express their insatisfaction at a bunch of amateurs filming (and mixing) the zenith gig of their favorite band. HOW DARE THEY.

No, seriously, asking a bunch of random people to film your greatest gig ever is not ok. I mean, the performance is fantastic, what else can I say? It's peak NW, of course the mind goes for the rest that is not matching that sentiment after that realization.

This explains why I didn't liked them :P Alpenglow was ok, but SBTB was... well, so bad filmed and mixed.

Though this not always turns out to be bad, Tarja's Luna Park Ride was very good.

Maybe they were recommended to them and the company's porfolio was impressive? Maybe the company was forced to get extra crew in short notice? I hv been entrepreneur myself since 1999 and sometimes you have to rely on subcontractors. We don't know, ask the management or Tuomas. Band or management cannot control everything. And after all, band has approved the final product - and in media preshows reports have been appraising.

Take Care.

Agree with you totally.

There seems to be some "professional"  moaners, whiners, faultfinders who are only interested in showing everything that is wrong in these videos.

Too bad, because it would be really lovely to read comments by some of the members.

Well. fortunately, we have the Finnish thread to read.

Have fun, folks! :negative:

Oh yes, I totally forgot. Only praising is accepted. 

I bet they could dress as Zebras and play a polka while filming all with an old Nokia phone. Fans would be delighted. At least the Finnish forum. 

Geez... :P

Naah, you can post criticisim, it's alright. But when all there is is negative comments, it gets up a bit tiring. People must complain about every single detail the band does. From the name of the album to the cover, to the sound, geez, I bet you'll complain next about that little mustard spot on Marco's pants. Or Troy's unkept beard.