Dead To The World (92)

Vehicle Of Spirit

891 posts in this topic

https://youtu.be/NhEuAPYm_Ug?t=276

Why nobody mentions the missing (muted) notes here?

Because we're really tired of complaining about the mix. It's bad, but I think I got over it. I'll wish upon a star for next time. Hopefully Nuclear Blast gains some respect for the band that buys their pools. Doubt it though.

I think they are not muted. Just not well synchronised audio vs video as you can notice a second before that moment Tuomas stars playing the flutes on his keyboard...

17 days and counting...

Wonder how long before release date MS will start shipping.

I will be ripping the FedEx box out of the poor mans hands, once it arrives

Because we're really tired of complaining about the mix. It's bad, but I think I got over it. I'll wish upon a star for next time. Hopefully Nuclear Blast gains some respect for the band that buys their pools. Doubt it though.

I think they are not muted. Just not well synchronised audio vs video as you can notice a second before that moment Tuomas stars playing the flutes on his keyboard...

He isn't playing the flutes on his keyboards, he plays strings at that part. The flutes are from back-tape (I don't know why Troy don't play that part). https://youtu.be/4CFInBM3wHM?t=266Listen here.

There are 2 possible cases. He doesn't play his keyboards at all (they are turned off), or the music in this video isn't the same from the actual Tampere (or it's pre-recorded).

Yeah, you're right. Interesting. Maybe just a bad mix, dunno... "He doesn't play his keyboard at all" made me laugh though, haha :))

He isn't playing the flutes on his keyboards, he plays strings at that part. The flutes are from back-tape (I don't know why Troy don't play that part). https://youtu.be/4CFInBM3wHM?t=266Listen here.

There are 2 possible cases. He doesn't play his keyboards at all (they are turned off), or the music in this video isn't the same from the actual Tampere (or it's pre-recorded).

Or, simpler explanation that any keyboardist would think of first, he's playing a (string) pad patch with a slow attack, possibly velocity-controlled?

Any romper's preset bank includes at least 30 candidates.

Oh, also, that bit in the new arrangement irks me to no end, why the hell did they kill the flute.

EDIT: You know, actually I can hear the attack of the supposedly "missing" notes fine. I can't hear the single one he fingers with his ring finger before the repeated root note (the one with the pinky), but it's very common for the attack of a single note in a >3-note chord to go missing, with a string pad.

EDIT: You know, actually I can hear the attack of the supposedly "missing" notes fine. I can't hear the single one he fingers with his ring finger before the repeated root note (the one with the pinky), but it's very common for the attack of a single note in a >3-note chord to go missing, with a string pad.

Agreed. I listened to it a couple of times yesterday and thought he's using velocity sensitive keys here (thanks for letting me know what they're called in English!). It can make some notes almost "disappear". I guess the main problem for my brain is that what I see and what I hear (clearest) don't seem to meet. 

Perfectly put.

Well I have to live with EFMB the song each time I want to listen to the full album, and here I am, still alive and healthy, and listening to NW. 

I like EFMB the song! Hit me if you will.

Perfectly put.

Well I have to live with EFMB the song each time I want to listen to the full album, and here I am, still alive and healthy, and listening to NW. 

tumblr_lum6y4pCJs1qg38ico1_500.gif

You bad you! :P

Perfectly put.

You don't hit the people you pity. :P

Perfectly put.

You don't hit the people you pity. :P

Slay

I love the song Endless Forms Most Beautiful.

In fact I love the whole album so much it's in my top five albums of all time.

I love the song Endless Forms Most Beautiful.

In fact I love the whole album so much it's in my top five albums of all time.

EFMB is one of my favourite NW albums too. For some strange reason it's very underrated among the fanbase, but I absolutely agree with you, it's great and will be come a classic. And I really hope future releases stem from here. The past is OK, but it's the past. I always look ahead.

The problem with EFMB is that it's just like the past, but worse imo.

I suppose that belongs to its own topic :P

I'm kinda hyped right now tbh. Damn Nuclear Blast has me by the.. hair on my head. It's like I'm hostage. They could release a "Nightwish recites the phonebook" cassette and I'd feel hyped no matter how much I hate them. 

frg.gif

For the record I think the result of Wembley setlist vs Tampere was a draw 5-5.Everybody's happy lol.

You know, I just realized there was a bit of a missed opportunity with this.  With multiple shows, they should have had one show with Jukka playing the whole set, and the other one with Kai (for health reasons obviously Jukka's would have been Tampere).

For the record I think the result of Wembley setlist vs Tampere was a draw 5-5.Everybody's happy lol.

Yeah; I've been trying for a while to pick which one is my favorite and I don't think I can split them. Both shows have fantastic songs and we're in for a big treat. 

Wembley

Pros

1. I Want My Tears Back

2. The Poet and the Pendulum

3. Nemo

4. Ever Dream

5. While Yours Lips Are Still Red (nice slow love song that's good to sing along to)

Cons

1. 7 Days to the Wolves

2. While Your Lips Are Still Red (still not good enough to replace The Islander)

Tampere

Pros

1. She Is My Sin

2. The Islander

3. Dark Chest of Wonders

4. Amaranth

5. Sleeping Sun (It's a great song, but there's one that could've replaced it)

Cons

1. Endless Forms Most Beautiful

2. Sleeping Sun (Want a slow, haunting song? Deep Silent Complete!)

Why, though.

It's no Nympho, but...  :P

I like Nymphomaniac Fantasia! The lyrics is really bad, but the music itself is pretty good :)

Amen! I'd rather listen to Nympho on repeat than that "song" one more time in my life. I avoid it like the plague. Nympho >>>

The Wembley concert has the greatest setlist in the band's history but it's mixed horribly so Tampere it is. It has Sleeping Sun in a beautiful perfomance so it's evened out.

I know Tampere show will be more enjoyable for obvious reasons, but I certainly prefer Wembley's setlist, with The Poet and the Pendulum, While your Lips Are Still Red and Ever Dream and without Amaranth and EFMB. But that's good, I will love Tampere for the sound and images and Wembly for the setlist.