Dead To The World (92)

Vehicle Of Spirit

891 posts in this topic

Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for you to take pictures for me. I meant if someone did so, that they would please put it in spoiler so I and perhaps others like me wouldn't have it spoiled before opening our own copies. I guess I was a little unclear when I put it in the same post as I was replying to you. Sorry about that.

However that said. I'm certain there are others with a different version, or just wanting a sneak peek, who will appreciate having a look . So, thank you anyway for taking the time to do so! :)

Good that your copy arrived on time. Mine did too. Just need to pick it up from the post office, then count the days until Christmas before opening it up! :P One more week..

Oh I am sorry for missunderstanding you. Taking pictures of CDs and DVDs has almost become a little force habbit of mine during the past years. :) But you are right, there are probably people who have gotten different versions and want to see the difference. There are also possibly people who don't order until they know the sound quality and what the product looks like.

Nice that you also managed to get yours in time. I hope it arrived undamaged. You will be in for a treat when you have the time to watch it all. :music: I was impressed with CDON for delivering it on time and in the mailbox. The only bad part is that one of my its corners were a bit damaged, but it is not a big deal because it happens all the time for me.

I am done with the first show and had begun watching Tampere. I had not seen a single clip from Wembley and Tampere and this is all new to me. I have seen fan recordings from some of the extras before, but not from all of them. So far there is no clear favorite, both are nice visually in their own way. I like that they look different. So far there is only one thing bothering me... No smoke in the opening of Amaranth? What kind of a condescending ape is this?!  :giggle:

They are probably way better than Amazon and most likely not flat out liars lol.

Mine arrived this morning...I'm a sorry you haven't reciewed yours! If it helps, it is worth the wait. It's not something you will be disappointed by. But all the same I've had the same problem with Amazon on every prior preorder to date. This is that rare exception where it arrived in time.

But they said by 9pm. Hopefully they can live up to this! If not complain. I don't know how you go about that but there must be an option!

Shame we don't live nearer I'd have invited you to watch it if this was something you had really looked forward too!

Maybe my product is defect but in case it is not:

Serious Epilepsy Warning on The Greatest Show On Earth at Tampere.

It is after the Dawkin's first poem section, right when they instruments kick in the lights flashes so much that I could not watch it. It gets so bad at one opint that I can't see Troy's head and only his lower body because of the flickering. Right before "Four Point Six" it is back to normal again. Is this something that is happening for everyone? I have never had issues with flickering lights before but that was really unbearable for me to watch. 

Edit: Went back to the Wembely show and it is a similar issue there, but I did not find it as intense and could watch it without adverting my eyes. It is probably not a problem with my DVD. I never felt anything when I saw them live, but this is different. Maybe it gets harder to handle on a video format? Either way this is something to be aware of the first time you all watch the content.  

Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for you to take pictures for me. I meant if someone did so, that they would please put it in spoiler so I and perhaps others like me wouldn't have it spoiled before opening our own copies. I guess I was a little unclear when I put it in the same post as I was replying to you. Sorry about that.

However that said. I'm certain there are others with a different version, or just wanting a sneak peek, who will appreciate having a look . So, thank you anyway for taking the time to do so! :)

Good that your copy arrived on time. Mine did too. Just need to pick it up from the post office, then count the days until Christmas before opening it up! :P One more week..

Oh I am sorry for missunderstanding you. Taking pictures of CDs and DVDs has almost become a little force habbit of mine during the past years. :) But you are right, there are probably people who have gotten different versions and want to see the difference. There are also possibly people who don't order until they know the sound quality and what the product looks like.

Nice that you also managed to get yours in time. I hope it arrived undamaged. You will be in for a treat when you have the time to watch it all. :music: I was impressed with CDON for delivering it on time and in the mailbox. The only bad part is that one of my its corners were a bit damaged, but it is not a big deal because it happens all the time for me.

I am done with the first show and had begun watching Tampere. I had not seen a single clip from Wembley and Tampere and this is all new to me. I have seen fan recordings from some of the extras before, but not from all of them. So far there is no clear favorite, both are nice visually in their own way. I like that they look different. So far there is only one thing bothering me... No smoke in the opening of Amaranth? What kind of a condescending ape is this?!  :giggle:

All is good then, and you're right! :)

I've been satisfied with CDON. I used to order from Mad Supply and Nightwish shop before that, but tried CDON for the EFMB release. I would have gotten it on time had it been sent as a package, but it was sent as letter mail and the earbook didn't fit my mail box and I had to wait a day or so extra. This time they sent it as a package and no issues. Delivered on time.

Great to see positive feedback. Can't wait! 

Edited by Undertow

Has anyone got their earbook yet?

What's the cd packaging like?

I foresee myself removing the Blu-ray Discs often, if it's just cardboard and may tear or rip easily I might order the separate bluray set and have that as my main viewing set.

I got the album earbook, and have only ever removed those discs once, as I don't trust the book not to rip

They are probably way better than Amazon and most likely not flat out liars lol.

Mine arrived this morning...I'm a sorry you haven't reciewed yours! If it helps, it is worth the wait. It's not something you will be disappointed by. But all the same I've had the same problem with Amazon on every prior preorder to date. This is that rare exception where it arrived in time.

But they said by 9pm. Hopefully they can live up to this! If not complain. I don't know how you go about that but there must be an option!

Shame we don't live nearer I'd have invited you to watch it if this was something you had really looked forward too!

Thank you none the less, It's just annoying I had to cancel my never going to happen Amazon order and have had to go with MS so it's just a case of cursing Amazon via some four letter words and being patient lol.

I foresee myself removing the Blu-ray Discs often, if it's just cardboard and may tear or rip easily I might order the separate bluray set and have that as my main viewing set.

I got the album earbook, and have only ever removed those discs once, as I don't trust the book not to rip

Yes, I've got the VoS earbook and it's very similar compared to that EFMB earbook. There's a little difference though, I just checked. The pockets of the discs are rounded on VoS earbook, so it's slightly easier to get grip of the discs and take them out. But I really suggest you to try it yourself, when you get your own earbook and make the decision after that.

I got mine and it's beautiful.

I've never been that impressed by the quality of earbooks though. They are beautiful but often I wonder if they are cheaply made.

My earbook arrived, and I must say, the photos are really gorgeous! Color me impressed with both MadSupply and FedEx too; I thought there was no way it would make it from Tampere to me in 2 days, but here it is! I'm going to have a lovely evening tonight.

Can't help my self. Third time watching the Wembley-show. I watched the bonus-stuff once and it seems very good. Haven't watched Ratina yet. 

I completely hooked to this show. Man, the band is in such a good shape, the setlist is fantastic. Floor sings beautifully and throws herself in each and every song (the pure joy in her face, when she sings that final chorus of Élan and those nasty facial expressiond during Weak Fantasy). The whole band has their moments on stage. Kai is like a duracell-bunny behind the kit. 

Really, beginning to think this might be IT for me, when it comes to NW-live stuff.

So...the Tampere show is phenomenal. Absolutely magic! It's very much in the vein of ST,ST.

But Wembley is magic. It has an edge, not only because I was there its just it has a real vibrancy to it.

Tampere has perhaps the better set list and the band sounds livelier. But Wembley...it looks, sounds and feels like a milestone.

Also, the light show in Tampere is killing my eyes

Also, the light show in Tampere is killing my eyes

Good! That means there is nothing wrong with my DVD. But yes it is pretty severe, I honestly could not watch it and had too look away. The Wembely one was hard on the eyes too, but nothing like Tampere. I will post my thoughts on the DVDs tomorrow now that I have seen them all, I basically agree with everything you said. 

Now that the DVD is out and people are starting to receive their copies, we decided to open a brand new thread to talk about it :)Please continue the discussion HERE.