• Announcements

• WhiteRaven

Nightwish Online - Features   03/12/2017

Check out a summary of the new features and changes on NightwishOnline here: http://www.nightwishonline.com/index.php?/forums/topic/4478-nightwishonline-new-features/  
JRA

What old songs need to be played live with Floor?

142 posts in this topic

I confess I added the "in favour of coal" bit myself, but that's about the only logical conclusion since her post called for "shutting down all the nuclear plants now" or something like that.

There were one or two posts on her Facespace, which is now down :(

I mean....nuclear waste is a bad thing.

I'm not sure whether you are trolling or not :P

I confess I added the "in favour of coal" bit myself, but that's about the only logical conclusion since her post called for "shutting down all the nuclear plants now" or something like that.

There were one or two posts on her Facespace, which is now down :(

I mean....nuclear waste is a bad thing.

I'm not sure whether you are trolling or not :P

I was high.

The Carpenter. And Troy needs to do Tuomas' lines.

Never actually thought I'd see this suggestion.

Here's hoping Tuomas and the guys are reading through this thread when taking in considerations for the "20th anniversary special."

The Carpenter. And Troy needs to do Tuomas' lines.

Here's hoping Tuomas and the guys are reading through this thread when taking in considerations for the "20th anniversary special."

From what I read Tuomas had said there won't be much of anything special going on this year even though it is there 20th anniversary. He said maybe the 30th or 35th  anniversary. I will have to look for it.

From what I read Tuomas had said there won't be much of anything special going on this year even though it is there 20th anniversary. He said maybe the 30th or 35th  anniversary. I will have to look for it.

i.e. by the time the people who bought The Carpenter when it came out - that is, the only people who still hope to hear it ever again, are all in a home :P

I fear for that, too... XD

Yes! It's such an underrated song, but maybe I'm biased because it's the song that sucked me into Nightwish 6 years ago. Though it IS a great song. Someone once said (on the old forum I believe) that it reminded him/her of The Cranberries, and even though I didn't realize it at the time, that must have been the element that caught my attention when I first heard The Carpenter, as I've been a die-hard Cranberries fan since the old days. :D

FYI, I wasn't voicing my approval for choice of the song.   Just that I was surprised that anyone liked it beyond the first 30 seconds or so that people would want Floor (or Troy rather) to sing it.

I got that, I just can't hold the enthusiasm when it comes to that song, haha. XD

I didn't get that.

I'm positively surprised to learn that there's somebody out there who doesn't just love that song, lame production and all.

Crownless, She Is my Sin, Come cover me, Wanderlust, Bare Grace Misery, Deep Silent Complete, FantasMic...basically everything Annette couldn't sing because she doesn't have an operatic voice? :P

About the Carpenter, I think Tuomas should sing the song for comic effect. You don't have to take yourself super seriously all the time.

Crownless, She Is my Sin, Come cover me, Wanderlust, Bare Grace Misery, Deep Silent Complete, FantasMic...basically everything Annette couldn't sing because she doesn't have an operatic voice? :P

About the Carpenter, I think Tuomas should sing the song for comic effect. You don't have to take yourself super seriously all the time.

At least She Is My Sin has been on setlist many times with Floor. :)

I would love to hear these with Floor:

The Pharaoh Sails to Orion

Elvenpath

Slaying the Dreamer

Some of these have been done, but I want them done again. Like so many others Slaying The Dreamer is the one I would want the most, but I also would really like to have 10th Man Down back. It is not as if Sleeping Sun has been done much with Floor, but it could be nice to get Away instead.

Cadence of Her Last Breath

Sacrament of Wilderness

Nightquest

End Of All Hope

Planet Hell

Gethsemane

Dead to The World

Crownless

Come Cover Me

Slaying The Dreamer

Elvenpath

Away

10th Man Down

Does not really count but Sagan would be nice to see in a live setting one day.  :)

I want to hear Floor sing these songs:

• Passion and the Opera - That would freaking AMAZING!!  Though I might actually die.  Floor Jansen, my queen, singing PatO...just too much.  Floorgasm!
  • Know Why the Nightingale Sings - An already great and super-catchy song, it would be really interesting to hear Floor's version.
  • Turn Loose the Mermaids - This would be soooooo beautiful, though she'd have the audience drowning in their own tears.  I don't care, I still really, really, really, really want to hear Floor sing it.
  • Elvenpath - Call it cheesy if you want to, but you know Floor would totally rock this one.
  • Sleepwalker -  Yes.  Just yes.
  • The Kinslayer
  • Crownless
  • Whoever Brings the Night

Why no one mentions beauty of the beast?? I think floor can nail it, even an acoustic ver would be enough for me. I just want to hear it again :P.

Now that would make it for that BATB that never happened (but should've in RIR).

Why no one mentions beauty of the beast?? I think floor can nail it, even an acoustic ver would be enough for me. I just want to hear it again :P.

Now that would make it for that BATB that never happened (but should've in RIR).

Dude......

Beauty of the Beast-  So underrated.  The lyric "all of my songs can only be composed of the greatest of pains" should be sung live by any Nightwish singer.  They've also done every other epic number with Floor so I don't see why this one can't come out.

Beauty of the Beast, because it's their best 'long' song and I'm dying to hear it live someday.

Elvenpath, because it's a truly great song that deserves to be brought back into the setlist.

Whoever Brings the Night, because the heavier sound suits Floor well.

Crownless, because I don't think it's ever been played live and it's awesome (and underrated).

I once said Beauty Of The Beast should replace Ghost Love Score forever and got shouted at haha!

But yeah, that section in GLS which goes all pirate like near the end does my head in. It's "pretty" and Floor rocks live but c'mon! WE NEED MORE BEAUTY OF THE BEAST!!

Floor does an amazing job with GLS, but I wouldn't mind seeing it retired for a while and letting her try out some other songs.

I would love to hear Beauty of the Beast just to hear it back on the setlist -

Ohhh wait, why did I forget to mention Beauty of the Beast!? :o

I guess the topic starter should change the rules from 6 to 10 songs! :P

I once said Beauty Of The Beast should replace Ghost Love Score forever and got shouted at haha!

But yeah, that section in GLS which goes all pirate like near the end does my head in. It's "pretty" and Floor rocks live but c'mon! WE NEED MORE BEAUTY OF THE BEAST!!

I'm actually thinking the same thing - re: retire GLS so Floor can try other songs like BOTB, or maybe replace GLS with 2 other songs from the older catalogue! That's just me, but I'd like that to happen. 

I totally agree on Slaying the Dreamer and Beauty of the Beast! The Escapist would be cool as well, but my wish to hear it live is more about the song than Floor singing it actually.

i have to work on a list...but am glad to see so many of you requesting for Beauty of the Beast.

Gethsemane

Pharaoh Sails to Orion

Slaying The Dreamer

10th Man Down

End of All Hope

Beauty of the Beast

Swanheart

I hope Nighwish would play these songs with Floor someday.. The Islander could get long break and swanheart would be good replace that slow song part.  :)

There's no such thing as a three strike foul ball in baseball, but your foul is pretty damn close.  You get two, and I'll strike you a third one for suggesting an acoustic version.

lol can you take back one if i make clear i'm on the phone?

Couldn't check before the 3-4 page don't get mad... i can do so much worse xD

I'm not having my acoustic CC set any time soon.. i guess :P

^^ Wow, what an incredible overreaction for such an innocent misunderstanding.

I mean, if you're gonna complain why no one has mentioned something, you should probably go out of your way to look through the pages to make sure it's not the most suggested song of them all.

lol i guess it was more than just a complainfor some.

Big props @JRA takes some time/skill all that quoting thanks!

lol i guess it was more than just a complainfor some.

Big props @JRA takes some time/skill all that quoting thanks!

:lol:

And that was just the first page.

From Angels Fall First:

• Elvenpath
  • Angels Fall First
  • Know why the Nightingale Sings

From Oceanoborn

• Sacrament of WIlderness
  • Passion and the Opera
  • The Pharaoh Sails to Orion

From Wishmaster

• Dead Boy's Poem
  • Wanderlust
  • Kinslayer

From Century Child

• Beauty of the Beast

From Once... well, she sang all of them except Dead Gardens and Creek Mary's Blood, and I don't like them so much.

From Dark Passion Play

• Whoever Brings the Night

Also she sang all Imaginaerum songs I guess, so it doesn't count also.

From Once... well, she sang all of them except Dead Gardens and Creek Mary's Blood, and I don't like them so much.

You forgot Kuomela Tekee Taiteilijan, which I actually think would be pretty sweet.