JRA

What old songs need to be played live with Floor?

153 posts in this topic

Has 'For the Heart I Once Had' been played with Floor? Atleast I haven't seen it, I'm not sure if I've ever seen it played live. It's a shame, I really like it and think it's one of the best songs on Dark Passion Play.

From Once... well, she sang all of them except Dead Gardens and Creek Mary's Blood, and I don't like them so much.

You forgot Kuomela Tekee Taiteilijan, which I actually think would be pretty sweet.

Oh, Kuolema... I totally forgot it but it would be great!!! Such a sweet song, very interesting to see with Floor...

Has 'For the Heart I Once Had' been played with Floor? Atleast I haven't seen it, I'm not sure if I've ever seen it played live. It's a shame, I really like it and think it's one of the best songs on Dark Passion Play.

No, For the Heart I Once Had was never played live, in an interview with Anette in 2011/2012 she was asked about that song and she said that they will play it live. I guess her dismissal prevented it. It's one of my favorites of Anette's era :(

And please sorry my bad English XD

Here goes my list then:

Elvenpath - lovely tune, first song off the first album. If sort of an old school NW tour really does happen this just needs to be played

Know Why the Nightingale Sings - similar to Elvenpath, those kind of songs just work

Gethsemane - my favourite from Oceanborn, but I doubt they'll pick it up again

Passion and the Opera - love this one too, super curious what Floor would make out of it

Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean - a killer song live, add Floor's voice and there you go

The Kinslayer - same as Devil.... should be played right after that as well, almost too good to be true though

FantasMic - nice flute part for Mr Donockley there ;)

Dead to the World - has been played already, but I wasn't in the audience...

Slaying the Dreamer - for obvious reasons

Phantom of the Opera - well...

Planet Hell - Might be their best live song. Floor brought this one to a new level, it needs to return.

I don't really consider the other albums old, so there you go.

You forgot Kuomela Tekee Taiteilijan, which I actually think would be pretty sweet.

Kuolema tekee taiteilijan. ;)

But we won't be seeing that performed by Floor as it's in Finnish. :P

Kuolema tekee taiteilijan. ;)

But we won't be seeing that performed by Floor as it's in Finnish. :P

Not necessarily.  Didn't Annette do the song at some festival

It was a finnish-swedish festival. Not a musical festival per se. It was just Anette, not Nightwish, and she suited the festival like a glove, because well, she was a swedish woman in a finnish band. But  the band have never performed that song without Tarja, I guess they dont want any mispronunciations.

Yes, as a Finn I think it would just be awkward for a person not speaking Finnish fluently trying to sing Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan. I don't see the point in doing it. Have seen few covers in youtube and it kinda spoils the amazing song, when all you hear are the mispronunciations.

AFF - Angels Fall First, Elevenpath, Beauty and the Beast, A Return to the Sea

OB - Walking in the Air, The Pharaoh Sails to Orion, Swanheart

WM - The Kinslayer, Dead Boys Poem, Wanderlust, Deep Silent Complete, Come Cover Me

OtHaFA (EP) - Away, 10th Man Down

CC - End of All Hope, Slaying the Dreamer, Forever Yours, Beauty of the Beast

Once - since they played almost every song from this one, then none

DPP - Whoever Brings the Night, Cadence of Her Last Breath, Escapist, Meadows of Heaven, Eva

I-Rum - Rest Calm, Turn Loose the Mermaids

AFF - Angels Fall First, Elevenpath

OB - Walking in the Air, The Pharaoh Sails to Orion, Swanheart

WM - The Kinslayer, Dead Boys Poem, Wanderlust, Deep Silent Complete, Come Cover Me

OtHaFA (EP) - Away, 10th Man Down

CC - End of All Hope, Slaying the Dreamer, Forever Yours, Beauty of the Beast

Once - since they played almost every song from this one, then none

DPP - Whoever Brings the Night, Cadence of Her Last Breath, Escapist, Meadows of Heaven

I-Rum - Rest Calm, Turn Loose the Mermaids

All of them would be awesome!!! Especially Come Cover Me (one of my favorite songs <3)

Killer tracks that I would love to hear live with Floor:

- Gethsemane. It's a beautiful song and I think Floor could pull it off.

- Beauty of the Beast. I could definitely see this song being performed instead of Ghost Love Score at some occasions.

- Deep Silent Complete. A beautiful song that needs to be brought back into the main setlist, since Floor apparently isn't allowed to sing She Is My Sin the way it should be and we need more Wishmaster tracks as well.

- End of All Hope. i could imagine Floor belting in the chorus and maybe singing the verses operatically?

- Sacrament of Wilderness. This is a song I could definitely hear Floor singing. She could sing the verses and the bridge with her head voice and bring power to the chorus with her chest voice. Unfortunately, Marco has stated that he doesn't like this song so it's not very likely that they will bring this song back.

- Slaying the Dreamer. Remember how she sang Romanticide during the Showtime, Storytime performance? I don't need more reasons than that...

- The Kinslayer. Such a bombastic live track that hasn't been performed in a long time. I think it's time to bring this beast back to the main setlist, where it belongs.

-Beauty and the Beast. I read somewhere that it is very likely that they will play songs from Angels Falls First in the future with Troy on vocals (I think it was one of the questions to Tuomas on this website) and this is probably my favourite track from Angels Fall First and it is also very likely if they plan to bring back a duet to the setlist. But to be honest I find it hard to believe that Floor would sing this song, however they might surprise me =D

- End of All Hope. i could imagine Floor belting in the chorus and maybe singing the verses operatically?

I can imagine Floor using her rough/rock voice for the verses and her classical voice for the chorus. I think the "dark" tone of her classical voice is perfect for that chorus.

Wow, I agree with most posts here. Some of the songs I would really like to hear in Floor's voices are:

Dead Boy's Poem.-It's one of the most beautiful songs in the history of music. Tarja nails it, but I think Floor could add some new shades. It fits her voice.

Kinslayer.-It's like a punch on the face. Great song and Floor will make it even better.

Tenth Man Down.-One of my favourite oldies. It hasn't been played for ages and it's time to get it back, this masterpiece can't be forgotten.

Astral Romance.-There's something magical in this song. The fact is that I would like to hear Tuomas sing it live. I know that's not going to happen, but it's perfect for Troy, so...

Beauty of the Beast.-Ghost Love Score has been overexposed lately and I think it needs some rest. This song is the perfect replacement. 

End of all Hope.-It was a killer with Tarja, I can't imagine what it will turn out to be with Floor.

Slaying the Dreamer.-I wouldn't like to die before listening to Floor singing this.

Gethsemane.-Love this song.

Pharaoh Sails to Orion.-.The same as Slaying the Dreamer. Perfect for Floor. Perfect for Marco. Please, what are you waiting for?

Turn Loose the Mermaids.-They have never played this song live and that's a mortal sin that must be purged the sooner the better.

Dead to the World.-I know it has been played before, but it's not enough. I need it as soon as possible.

Meadows of Heaven.-Can anybody understand why this song has only been played live once? Anette sounds brilliant and I'm sure Floor will add something. I don't know what, but something.

Cadence of her last Breath.-This song is clearly underrated, probably because it's not one of the best Anette's performances. Obvious, it has been tailored for Floor.

The Devil and the Deep Dark Ocean.-For some strange reason this song was buried decades ago, someone has to dig it out. Please, Floor and Marco, what are you waiting for?

Our Decades in the Sun.-All the members of NW will go to hell if this song is not played live in the next tour. Folks, I don't want you to go to hell, so...

I really liked Annettes version of Sacrament of Wilderness, theres a video on youtube shot from a sideways angle but the audio is decent enough, i listen to it alot because she really nails it. In fact i think i even prefer it to the original.

Am I the only one who would love to hear The Phantom Of The Opera return to the setlist? I'm dying to hear a Marco/Floor version of it, and I know there's a mash-up online but...

Aside from that, I agree with all that's been said already, and then especially BOTB.

Here we go...

• Slaying the Dreamer
  • Beauty of the Beast
  • Devil and the Deep Dark Ocean
  • End of All Hope
  • 10th Man Down
  • Pharaoh Sails to Orion
  • Getheseme
  • Kinslayer
  • Astral Romance
  • Dead Boy's Poem
  • Whoever Brings the Night
  • Master Passion Greed (even though I know that won't happen, I would still LOVE to hear her on this song)
  • Phantom of the Opera (same as above)
  • Meadows of Heaven

Beauty of the Beast > Beauty and the Beast! End of story :P I do really like Beauty and the Beast though.

Beauty of the Beast > Beauty and the Beast! End of story :P

I'm sorry your ear canals are filled with mashed potatoes and rocks. I really do like Beauty of the Beast though. :P

Yay, necromansy!

- Sacrament of Wilderness. This is a song I could definitely hear Floor singing. She could sing the verses and the bridge with her head voice and bring power to the chorus with her chest voice. Unfortunately, Marco has stated that he doesn't like this song so it's not very likely that they will bring this song back.

That doesn't mean anything.  They brought it back for Annette's first outing.  If Marco cares about his paycheck he'll play it and like it.

- The Kinslayer. Such a bombastic live track that hasn't been performed in a long time. I think it's time to bring this beast back to the main setlist, where it belongs.

Kinslayer should have been put back in the main set the second the Paris attacks happened.

Well  for me there are only two songs I'd like to hear Floor do from the Tarja era that haven't been done. Swanheart and Gethsemane.

Let me give my two cents onto this:

Angels Fall First: Elvenpath, Angels Fall First

Oceanborn: Gethsemane, Sacrament of Wilderness, Passion and the Opera, TPStO, Walking in the Air

Wishmaster: The Kinslayer, Wanderlust, Deep Silent Complete, Dead Boy's Poem, FantasMic

Century Child: End of All Hope, Slaying the Dreamer, The Phantom of the Opera, Beauty of the Beast (they could even re-record this album with her voice)

Once: Creek Mary's Blood, Dead Gardens

Dark Passion Play: Bye Bye Beautiful, CoHLB, Eva, WBtN, FtHIOH, Meadows of Heaven

Imaginaerum: Rest Calm

The songs I desperately want to hear in Floor's voice are in bold. :)

I want them to focus mostly in Tarja's era. Anette's era songs doesn't suit Floor very well and she's sang a lot of them.

From the old days there are some songs that I really want to hear with her voice: Pharaoh, Deep Silent Complete and Nymphomaniac Fantasia XD (of course this one is completely discarded :( It's a shame because I think it fits her voice).

I want them to focus mostly in Tarja's era. Anette's era songs doesn't suit Floor very well and she's sang a lot of them.

I wouldn't say this... The Poet and the Pendulum became a new song since 2015. Not to mention Sahara of course. :P

Maybe there are a few low points like Amaranth or Slow, Love, Slow, but I honestly think she delivers the Anette's era pretty well. I can easily imagine she belting out her lungs on the chorus of Cadence or For the Heart I Once Had. That would be awesome!

I wouldn't say this... The Poet and the Pendulum became a new song since 2015. Not to mention Sahara of course. :P

Well these are the exceptions. I prefer her singing DPP songs rather than IRum's. Songs like StoryTime, Slow Love Slow, Scaretale, etc. need a sweeter voice, Floor sounds like if she's trying to give them more power. This fits well with Tarja songs but not with Anette's.

Songs like StoryTime, Slow Love Slow, Scaretale, etc. need a sweeter voice, Floor sounds like if she's trying to give them more power. This fits well with Tarja songs but not with Anette's.

That's exactly what I've never liked from Anette era, and that's precisely why I love Floor's approach on DPP & IRum songs.

But I'm totally in for more songs from the first albums.