• Announcements

• WhiteRaven

Nightwish Online - Features   03/12/2017

Check out a summary of the new features and changes on NightwishOnline here: http://www.nightwishonline.com/index.php?/forums/topic/4478-nightwishonline-new-features/  
Spectre

Russian Glow interview with Tuomas

9 posts in this topic

Here is the interview:

http://nightwish-club.ru/eng-tuomas-holopainen-russianglow/#more-37610

I found this one interesting:

Russian Glow: Of course, my first question will be about the new album. Have you got any plans for it? Have you maybe rehearsed it with the band already? Anything about the new album.

Tuomas: The new album… er… I pretty much have absolutely no idea. I have a certain schedule when am I to start doing the songs… Of course there are a few preliminary ideas already, but I think it’s gonna take a little while. I mean, after this album I… let’s say I feel really well-fed, and so does the whole band. For me Endless Forms Most Beautiful is definitely the pinnacle of the band’s career. And I don’t want to start the songwriting process without the enthusiasm and the idea that I can actually talk this. At the moment I don’t feel that at all. Because I’m really satisfied with the album, especially with the song The Greatest Show On Earth, it’s something that… yeah, wow, this is… at least on the personal level I’ve always aimed for. So next year is gonna be an off-year for Nightwish. It’s gonna be a sabbatical. And after that we have some plans, but… 4-5 years at least until the new album is out.

So, seems like (at least) 4 years until the next album is kind of confirmed ... in for the long haul again!

Stitch+sad+just+sadness+no+funny+just+fe

People very important to me will be gone by the time the next album comes, I'll probably be in my 30's too! Oh wow, ok I'll wait while life slowly drifts away from me.

At this pace we're only getting 3 albums with Floor, tops. Maybe Tuomas could surprise us with a double album? That would be really cool.

Hmm if they have something planned but the new album is 4-5 years away, maybe a tour in between is actually possible?

Or even a tour with orchestra and choir? 

That would be awesome if Tuomas has gone through his hipster face of wanting to be the first to do things :P

Somehow I think we'll get one sooner than that.

I think Tuomas has not expressed properly what he wanted to say. I'm pretty sure that he meant that the upcoming album should be out four to five years after the release of EFMB, not the present.

So it should be likely released in the first half of 2019, or late that year in the worst scenario. I just can't imagine it being released in 2021 or something alike. Moreover, I remember to have read that they intend to enter the summer camp in mid-2018 to rehearse and record the new songs.

Yes I thought the same. It's ok for them to have a break, but 4-5 years since present I think is way too much. It could be even counterproductive to them, they're not teenagers anymore..

They propably want to have their summer camp anyway, so if it's not in 2018, it'll be a year or two later and the album should be ready half a year from that and released next spring (unless of course they decide to make another movie or search for a new singer again or find another excuse like that to sit on the finished product ;))