Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gabby

KaaosTV interview with Kai

5 posts in this topic

I'm not going to translate the whole interview since it's rather long. He mainly talks about how he has learned to play drums, how he teaches his students and so on. In the end, however, they talk about NW. Some interesting comments:

Have you guys trained any new songs for the Himos show? Anything really special planned?

- Well, not really. I mean, yes the setlist will be somewhat different to what is was last time we played in Finland (Espoo) but no, we don't plan to make any real drastic changes. That being said, from what I've understood, there should be some more surprises coming up when we'll hit the road again.

How does the future look for you? Nightwish will be on a break in 2017 so are you planning to play next year with Wintersun?

- It's possible. It depends much on what plans and visions does the record company have. If we're allowed to tour and if there's a demand then of course it would be nice. I have pretty much an open calendar until Nightwish return at March of 2018 when we're going to hit the road again with a tour lasting at least a year.

A tour lasting a year in 2018? I thought there wouldn't be a new album like until late 2018/early 2019?

Yeah it seems like they are doing a tour playing older songs.

I guess that would be fun if they tour with some extra spicy stuff on top like an orchestra or doing acoustic versions of their songs like WT did before. Aaaand if they release an EP in between albums and play 3 or 4 new songs :)

I know I like to ask a lot of life.

Even a single with two new songs would make it for me. And why not? It could happen.