WhiteRaven

Ask Floor [CLOSED]

64 posts in this topic

Ask Floor your questions here! 

This thread will be open until September 12.

This thread is exempt from the double posting rule - you are free to double post in this thread. Other than that, general forum rules apply to the questions (keep it clean, etc)

All questions to be in English.

- When you headbang, do you feel dizzy immediately afterwards? If so, does it interfere with your singing?

- When and why did you start working on your amazing growls?

- Did you have the chance to listen to Kamelot’s album Haven? If so, what do you think of it?

- Do you play any instrument?

- What is your favourite old Nightwish song?

- What are your tastes concerning literature?

- Are you acquainted with the Portuguese metal band Moonspell? If so, what is your opinion about their music?

- Considering all Nightwish albums, which one has your favourite artwork?

- What is your favourite Nightwish music video?

Hello, Floor! I would like to know if it was very difficult to start singing. It must be very hard be your own instrument. Any advice for new singers? Thank you!

Where do you buy your outfits? They are soo cool!

If you could live in other era which one will it be?

Did Alissa (White-Gluz) teach you how to growl?

Hello Floor! I have couple of questions for you:

1. I'm studying to become an animal attendant (or animal caretaker, whatever the right word is) and in that job I need to be in a good physical shape. I think you're a good example of a strong and healthy-looking person. So, my question is, how do you work on your muscles? And do you exercise regularly or more like when you're in the mood? And if you have any good little tips for exercising, I'm interested!

2. How's your dog? :) 

3. Could you ever consider selling that long jacket of yours, the one you used for example at Wembley? It's so cool! I'd pay anything to get a jacket like that! (ok I'm a student so I have my limits haha!)   

Hi Floor! Congratulations for all the work you're doing in NW. Always a pleasure to see you performing on stage all the NW catalogue! Now some questions I have in mind:

- Do you listen to music while travelling on tour? If so, which artists have you been listening to lately?

- Do you have time to write down thoughts and ideas for future songs when you're alone while touring?

- Is there something about science that you feel particularly attracted to?

- What's exactly going on in "The Greatest Show On Earth" when you sing "The cosmic law of gravity..." part? I'm so used to see you so full of energy on stage that it always caught my attention seeing you frozen or numb when you sing that part live.

- There was a current theme in some of your AF & RV songs about TIME that I've always found interesting and relatable. Do you still have the same view on time or it has changed throughout the recent years?

Hi, Floor!! Thank you for answering our questions!!!

1.- Which one would you consider has been the hardest part of being NW singer? And which one the best part?

2. Which  is your favorite film? Which one was your favorite film as a child?

3. Who is your favorite composer?

4.Which ones are your favorite female metal singers?

5. -Being a female in a metal band, is it hard to be all the time surrounded by guys?

6.-Do you play any videogames? If so, which one is your favorite?

7.-Which is your favorite superhero? 

8-.-Which bands do you consider overrated, which ones underrated?

Hello Floor, you are an amazing singer! Here are my questions:

1. How old was you when started singing?

2. Do you have any idol?

3. What are your thoughts on doing some kind of reunion with After Forever?

4. What is your favorite song to play live?

5. Do you have any plans with Revamp during the year of?

6. How does it feel for you to sing the old nightwish songs that was written for another singer?

7. What music do you listen to at the moment?

8. Is there any possibility that you will perform as a guest singer on any futurer Sabaton album?

9. What do you like and don't like about Sweden and swedish culture?

10. Hur mycket svenska kan du? ;)

Hoppas du tycker frågorna var intressanta!/I hope you find the questions intresting!

Cheers from Sweden! :)

Hello Floor.  Thank you for doing this!

1.  I started a thread here called “What old songs need to be played live with Floor” and it got many, many different answers (as of right now the top picks are Slaying the Dreamer, Beauty of the Beast and Elvenpath).  What old songs would you like to bring back that you haven’t touched yet?

2.  Why do you guys downtune the pre-Century Child songs (She Is My Sin)?  In my personal opinion they don’t sound very good that way, and it gives off an impression that you can’t quite hit those high notes.  I know you can, as I’ve seen you covering She Is My Sin with After Forever in standard tuning and it sounded great!  Is it because the rest of the instruments take too long to tune to standard and back?

3.  What was the first the first thing that went through your head when you saw that one creepy dude kissing a photo of you in bed in “To Nightwish With Love”?

4. I was surprised to learn that you like cigars, particularly because of the potential damage smoking does to one’s lungs.  How did you get introduced to those?

5. Did you catch hell from any of your Nightwish mates after doing that onstage duet with Tarja?

6. Iron Maiden or Judas Priest?

Hello Floor, could I get you to answer my questions?

1. I found your vlogs (if I can call them that) on your move to Finland and your progress in Finnish to be very interesting. As a fellow Dutch person intending to learn Finnish one day, is there any advice you could give me?

2. How did you find Finnish culture compared to Dutch (purely for my own frame of reference)?

3. What country you have played in with Nightwish did you enjoy the most so far (If you can name one, I'd imagine every place has its perks)?

4. If you could choose a superpower, what would it be (aside from a heavenly voice: you already have that)?

5. What are you favourite metal subgenres (aside from Symphonic Metal, assuming it's up there)?

6. Do you enjoy other cultures' mythology? If so, is there any culture's that you would consider your favourite?

7. Is there any specific singer with whom you hope to sing together in the future?

8. On the episode of De Reunie on which you appeared, you were very touched at seeing your parents' reaction to your performance. Is there anyone else whose reaction might trigger a similar reaction for you?

9. What is your opinion on Marco's beard?

Thank you so much for your time, all the best for the rest of the EFMB tour and I hope to be able to see you perform again some time soon!

Hi Floor!! Nice to write these questions to you!

1. In a movie about your life, which are the 5 Nightwish's songs that you'd like you listen as the soundtrack and why? (you must pick just 5!)

2. Problably it looks like a cliche, but, I would to know: What is the best of be the singer of Nightwish? 

3. Of all collaborations that you've done, which one do you consider the best? or which did you like the most? 

Greetings Floor, and congratulations for your amazing work!!  :clap:

Hi Floor. Thanks for this amazing opportunity!

Your voice brings unique beauty to NW and can cover almost anything! 

1. Do you ever feel intimidated for being a celebrity? Like lack of privacy, or overwhelming fans?

2. If you didn't start singing, what do you think you would be doing now?

3. Who was your childhood hero?

Hello Floor, could I get you to answer my questions?

9. What is your opinion on Marco's beard?

Also that question is epic i want answer to that too.  :laugh:

Cheers!

Hi Floor! Thank you and the other members of the band for such a stunning opportunity! I have a few questions mainly concerning the culture inside of which you have been brought up; some of them were also inspired by my oriental studies and by the interest in the Germanic languages. 

1. Have you ever been interested in Indonesian language or history (or the same with regard to Suriname or South Africa)?

2. Do you personally consider Eduard Douwes Dekker to be the greatest Dutch writer of all times? If not, what is your choice? Unfortunately, the only Dutch author which is widely known in modern Russia is Johan Huizinga (yet his works are highly appreciated). 

3. Do you have the experience of communicating with people whose native language is to a noticeable extent similar to Dutch (like Afrikaans or Frisian)? If yes, did it sound funny/weird/absorbing to your ear and why? 

4. Have you got a habit of reading regularly or is it impossible with the amount of work you do?

5. Would you like to write a book yourself one day? What about, if so?

6. In your competent opinion, is everyone able to learn to sing more or less well?

7. Have the documentary made by the band's fans changed your views upon your place in the world and your cultural and social input?

You are incredible singer! I abolutely admire this combination of powerful voice, energy, skillfulness, technical diversity and clear pronunciation. 

Hello Floor. I'm from Colombia I admire your energy at concerts , you're great . my question is : what song describes you ?. I appreciate your time greetings from Colombia hope to follow in nightwish forever. :)

Hi Floor.

Which band is vocally more demanding, Nightwish, ReVamp or After Forever?

Is there any Nightwish song that you would NOT like to sing live? Which one and why?

Hi Floor!

.Are you familiar with classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece/composer?

.Are you into another musical genre that is not rock/heavy metal?

.Have you seen/read/lived something that really changed your point of view on something lately?

.On Nightwish repertory, do you prefer the more escapist/fantastic/melancholic songs, or the more uplifting/realistic ones?

.What's your favorite Nightwish album as a whole, or the one you have listened the most? 

.It seems like the singers debate will endure forever.. are you hoping for it to end, or you just have learned to live with it?

.What has been the most funny/memorable moment of this tour?

.Are you having some singing-related plans for 2017 or just gonna take it exclusively as a rest time?

• Which one is your favorite After Forever album?
  • Who do you consider as the best singer of symphonic metal? A male and a female.
  • What do you think about Tarja and Anette as vocalists and as persons?
  • With which symphonic metal band/singer would you like to collaborate?
  • Which is your favorite song of EFMB? And your less one?
  • Will you collaborate again in a Star One album?

Greetings! I'm glad I can ask you :)

Hello Floor !  Thank you so much for taking the time, I hope you enjoy your holiday time away from touring

I'd like to ask you, since you were not born in Finland, what would you say is your favorite part or place you would suggest to another traveler? I will be visiting there next year and would love a suggestion...

Have you ever heard of the Palmaris Longus evolution test?  Please look it up and tell me if you have one or not :)

What is your favorite band outside of your own?

And what is your favorite city that you've travelled to?

Thank you!

Hello Floor

•What is the poppest song you really like?.

•Which instruments do you play? 

•Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?

•What is your most valued material possession?

•Have you ever been in a mosh pit?

•You probably receive lot of gifts from fans all over the world,what kind of gifts they give to you, what was the weirdest, the most beautiful, etc?

Hi Floor! I have a question from my friend: he wants to know if you really sing in the Disconnect song by Evergrey? He asks because he can't recognize your voice there. Thanks for the answer :)

And one more question: what can you recommend to a person who starts learning Finnish? I know you have succeeded in studying it ;)

Hi Floor,

Thanks for 19 years awesomeness on stage, and enduring us (sometimes over-the-top-die-hard) NW fans!  :)  I have a few questions:

1. One of the songs on EFMB that always lights my heart is Our Decades In The Sun as it reminds me to beautiful moments with my young son when travelling - any chance it will be played live on one of the final shows of the tour? I know Tuomas said the band did not dare to play it yet, but ... it would be so great!

2. May we expect some further episodes of Angelina & Brad Pitt on the upcoming DVD?

3. Arjen Lucassen has indicated on his facebook that his next project may be another Ayreon album - any chance for you to be involved with Arjen's work in future again?

4. I really enjoyed your sisters performance on the The Theater Equation - did you have a chance to see her live before flying over to South America?

5. Great question...

7. Is there any specific singer with whom you hope to sing together in the future?

I would add: any other singer besides Skunk Anansie?

6. If you had a musical career in an alternative universe which musical would you play in?

7. Where I live, the Dutch are feared for being ruthless caravan drivers - any Dutch clichés you adhere to?

8. Who is the Oily Emperor?

Hi Floor, thank you for taking part in this Q&A!

I just want to say also that your voice is so so beautiful, and the first time I heard you sing, which was sometime in 2007 I believe, I was just captured, because I'd never heard anyone sing like you. So lots of love and support, and I'm so happy for you that you seem to be happy with where you are, and that you're feeling better now!

My first question is about your stage look! Which are your favourite makeup products and brands for the stage? Especially which base products do you like the best? Which are your favourite colors to wear? Who designs your outfits? Especially the ones from this tour! Where do you buy your shoes?

Do you have any favourite fashion designers, or stores, or do you get inspiration from other things?

Did you get to read any good books this year? And what was your favourite movie? What is your favourite vegetarian recipe? Have you discovered any Swedish artists? What do you like the most about Sweden?

Do you have any advice for staying healthy when you travel and work a lot? Do you have any item you always bring with you on tour?

Do you have any voice and body warm up rituals before a show? When you're not on tour for a while, do you tend to take a break from doing any singing, or do you always keep practising?

In a way you could say that a musician's career is a more insecure one, were you ever afraid? You were quite young when you started with After Forever, but did you already then know that this is what you wanted to do for a living? Or did you have a second choice for a career?

Did you ever feel that you got respected less because you are a woman and if so how did you deal with that? Did you ever have any bad experiences travelling alone?

Is there any advice someone gave you, that stuck with you and helped you a lot?

You've also been a teacher, but is there anything you have learned from your students?

Do you have any advice for people (like me) who have also had a burn out experience, to stay healthy?

What has been the highlight of this year for you?

What is the story behind "Oily Empire"??

You've always been quite active on social media - I was wondering how you feel about it?  Is it something you enjoy or do you see it as more a necessary thing? Do you think it's difficult to keep a good balance between public person/private person, and fans expectations? I realize this is a quite personal question, so feel free to ignore it :)

And a few quick ones...

Are you more planning or spontaneous?

In the winter: would you rather go skiing or stay inside with a good book?

Cats or dogs?

Flats or heels?

Favourite place in The Netherlands/Sweden/Finland?

Coffee or Tea?

That's it! :)

Hi Floor,

I've noticed that one of your 'top 5' books (official site bio) is Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy. I'm curious as to whether you've had a chance to read The Girl In The Spider's Web, and if so, what you thought of it. 

I also noticed that you've listed Lord Of The Rings as some of your favourite films. Have you ever seen any of Peter Jackson's work prior to the LOTR project?