WhiteRaven

Tarja Turunen pt. III

202 posts in this topic

whale voice? xD 

is that her kind of singing which sounds like a duck? though i love her voice, she had a time around 2014 her voice had a terrible nasal sound. i'm so glad she get rid of it

whale voice? xD

is that her kind of singing which sounds like a duck? though i love her voice, she had a time around 2014 her voice had a terrible nasal sound. i'm so glad she get rid of it

yes 2013/2014 right after citd album, the chest voice ordeal begun.

No, her whale, duck and seal voice are not the same! 

whale voice? xD

yes 2013/2014 right after citd album, the chest voice ordeal begun.

Ordeal? I love Tarja's new voice and the fact that she's still willing to work on it, even after such a long time in business. It adds a variety she didn't have before and which she needed if you ask me. Plus, I like the unconventional sound of her chest voice :P

yes her current voice is stunning! on the last page i posted a classical video of hers, where she made a beautiful use of it

So, apparently this was Act II setlist:

https://fb-s-c-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xat1/v/t1.0-9/15267994_367197993612799_5745526853951851586_n.jpg?oh=28263b96c72129d11854ea0c94804a3a&oe=58BA56B4&__gda__=1488778728_2d0d903033a3d74c5068ec171255cfe6

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tarja/2016/teatro-della-luna-assago-italy-1bfb9144.html

Can't be more disappointed. A lot of songs from Colours out of the setlist. Darkness, Neverlight, Medusa, Mystic Voyage.... I'm not even mad at the lack of WLB songs, they're part of Act I, but not having professional live recording from those CITD songs is frustrating.

I really like the set list, one of the Things I like from Tarja's tours is that she always Focus on her current album and just put few songs from previous ones, it's not like those bands/singers that plays always the same "popular" songs, her concerts are different every tour, so if You miss one You probably won't ever hear some of few songs next tour haha, that happened to me with WLB Tour, I just realized I Will never see Underneath live lol

I really like the set list, one of the Things I like from Tarja's tours is that she always Focus on her current album and just put few songs from previous ones, it's not like those bands/singers that plays always the same "popular" songs, her concerts are different every tour, so if You miss one You probably won't ever hear some of few songs next tour haha, that happened to me with WLB Tour, I just realized I Will never see Underneath live lol

Yeah, but she said many times that both CITD and TSS will be represented in ACT II. Anyway maybe there'll be another concert on the dvd or something?

Is that the Act II concert??? I like it, I really wanna see Undertaker and Deliverance in a professional live recording, but I really would have liked to hear Neverlight and the normal version of Mystique Voyage too :( Anyway there are some really great songs so I don't mind.

Nice to see confirmation Tarja has no taste for her own songs. Leaving out most of her best for Goldfinger? Hahahaha.

I'd laugh harder If I didn't want to cry.

Well neverlight appeared on some other professional recordings so.. 

I am happy she didnt include Never Enough! Its the No bitter End of CITD!

Songs i kinda miss:

Mystqiue Voyage (Full Version)

Neverlight

Medusa

Diva

Enough- this one is kinda old but it NEVER got any professional recording thats so sad.. i actually liked the tarja choire at the end of the song. the whole structure of the song was kinda simple, but it had something catchy xD

Songs i was hoping for, which are actually included:

Lucid Dreamer

Deliverance

Undertaker

Too Many

Love to Hate

Shameless

the rest is just fine to me. Goldfinger and Surpremacy could have been switched with better songs! 

So, apparently this was Act II setlist:

https://fb-s-c-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xat1/v/t1.0-9/15267994_367197993612799_5745526853951851586_n.jpg?oh=28263b96c72129d11854ea0c94804a3a&oe=58BA56B4&__gda__=1488778728_2d0d903033a3d74c5068ec171255cfe6

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tarja/2016/teatro-della-luna-assago-italy-1bfb9144.html

Can't be more disappointed. A lot of songs from Colours out of the setlist. Darkness, Neverlight, Medusa, Mystic Voyage.... I'm not even mad at the lack of WLB songs, they're part of Act I, but not having professional live recording from those CITD songs is frustrating.

Not bad. Based on the Teatro setlist...

The songs that are already in live albums i.e. nothing new:

500 Letters: Luna Park Ride / Left in the Dark

Victim of Ritual: Luna Park Ride

Die Aive: Act I / Luna Park Ride

Until My Last Breath: Act I / Luna Park Ride

The songs from professional live recordings released already:

Innocence: Woodstock, Wacken

No Bitter End: Woodstock, Hellfest

Demons in You: Woodstock, Wacken, Masters of Rock

Supremacy: Woodstock, Hellfest

Tutankhamen / Ever Dream / The Riddler / Slaying the Dreamer (Nightwish cover): Woodstock, Hellfest

Calling from the Wild: Woodstock, Hellfest

The Living End: Wacken

Shameless: Hellfest

So we will get new professional recordings from the following songs:

Eagle Eye 

Lucid Dreamer 

Goldfinger

Deliverance

Until Silence / The Reign / Mystique Voyage / House of Wax / I Walk Alone (Acoustic)

Love to Hate 

Undertaker

Too Many

However Tarja said in a Planetmosh interview (http://planetmosh.com/tarja-turunen-interview-june-2016/) that the show performed in Metropolis London was filmed for Act II as well. The unique song from this session was Medusa (performed only once this year). If the Metropolis AND Teatro shows are included in Act II, then all CITD songs will have been released live except for Darkness.

She still has not performed:

- Your Heaven and Your Hell

- An Empty Dream

- Diva

Overall, I think Act II will cover a good range of songs without many repeats. Extremely disappointed she included Die Alive and Until My Last Breath - they are overplayed and we have tons of professional recordings. She should have substituted them with Darkness or Mystique Voyage (non-acoustic) or Diva.

Also, I found the Masters of Rock DVD which shows only Demons in You and Sing For Me are released professionally. They are already on YouTube. (http://i.imgur.com/Eg2rbbO.jpg)

I wasn't taking into account the liveclips from Colours In The Road 'cause they're not part of a whole DVD production with backscreen and stuff.

And I didn't remember Medusa being part of the London setlist. That's good, but I would've liked it to be part of the main thing (Act II concert).

Too bad Mystique is just a little part of the acoustic set.

Yeah, but she said many times that both CITD and TSS will be represented in ACT II. Anyway maybe there'll be another concert on the dvd or something?

Yup, the one from London.

Still, I don't get the rush of releasing an Act II right now instead of waiting till the end of the tour like the last time.

the rest is just fine to me. Goldfinger and Surpremacy could have been switched with better songs!

Agree!

I take everything I said about NW not fixing their mistakes for DVD recording. Tarja, please, hire someone else to record Goldfinger vocals for that DVD! :P

And it's great if Medusa does find its way to the DVD somehow. Would have loved to see Darkness as well, but you can't have it all. 

I liked how tarja recorded 2 concertd for her act 1. Each concert had great differences in their setlist

I liked how tarja recorded 2 concertd for her act 1. Each concert had great differences in their setlist

Most important (at least for me) that she managed to play MWS and WLB almost completely.

I think the bonus tracks were the only ones left, IIRC (The Crying Moon, If You Believe, The Seer, Enough and Wisdom of Wind)

Most important (at least for me) that she managed to play MWS and WLB almost completely.

I think the bonus tracks were the only ones left, IIRC (Cry For The Moon, If You Believe, The Seer, Enough and Wisdom of Wind)

though she really surprised me when she played ''Tired of being alone''. this was a really awesome decision :D

Indeed!

Damian, you mean The Crying Moon, right? :D

Pff, my bad! Thanks

The Crying Moon is great I agree! Well. not great great, but you know, it's cool, if never enough got a recording, it deserves one too :P. The Seer is cute too.

In other Moon related news, I loved Tarja's version of Song to the Moon. It fits her tone very well.

So she is gonna neglect her best album? :/

I loved Tarja's version of Song to the Moon. It fits her tone very well.

I love that one too.