WhiteRaven

Tarja Turunen pt. III

1,409 posts in this topic

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNacyYvArTV/  I'm so happy supremacy made it, she's been sick for both shows. Also it's funny she sounds more in control when she's sick lol. Darkness should've been there along medusa in the smallest show. I  rather a steady version of both than one with all that awkward transitions and all that jumping.

The London Metropolis set list was:

No Bitter End (repeated in Teatro)

Eagle Eye (repeated in Teatro)

Sing for Me

Love to Hate (repeated in Teatro)

The Living End (repeated in Teatro)

Medusa

Calling from the Wild (repeated in Teatro)

Victim of Ritual (repeated in Teatro)

Die Alive

Innocence

Until My Last Breath

Too Many (repeated in Teatro)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tarja/2016/metropolis-studios-london-england-1bfe1580.html

So yeah it's basically a repeat. We already have professional recordings of the other songs apart from Medusa from that set list. 

Tbh it's similar with the new Nightwish release - both recorded concerts (Wembley and Tampere) had very similar, if not identical, set lists. I understand why Tarja did the same - people come to hear her perform her latest music live so she had to include a lot of the same songs. And then she will include some older songs (Die Alive, Until My Last Breath and Victim of Ritual are very popular). 

Perhaps she didn't release Darkness because of licensing? I'm not sure how it works if you cover a song but want to release it on DVD.

What about the Wacken church performance? I know that's not part of Act II, but I thought I had heard somewhere that would be released on blu-ray/DVD. Was I mistaken?

What about the Wacken church performance? I know that's not part of Act II, but I thought I had heard somewhere that would be released on blu-ray/DVD. Was I mistaken?

That'd be great bonus material. Specially "Numb" that wasn't part of the Periscope videos.

Dunno but man this sounds great! I always wanted to see one of her Christmas concerts but i really wish i was at that particular one as i love Henkays Ikuisuudesta!

New date for the S.A. tour: November 22 in Rosario, this time my prayers were heard (?) and she's back at Teatro El Círculo :) Front row again!!

Fantastic! :D <3 I was planing to see her at Luna Park but Rosario is nearer! I'm already saving money! See you in November Tarja <3 ;)

You're righ! I thougt it was the other way round, Tarja as WT guest.

It could be The Seer!

Nice lip sync >>

She looks fantastic though, she got dental design and looks great.

It seems like she was a bit nervous in that interview,  :P why Tarja? You're bigger than all the people in that room!

Yeah, that vocal seems to be pre-recorded. Other than how it's mixed, I think the lack of audible breathing is what truly gives it away. But most bands have done this. Even Nightwish (with Anette, on German TV I believe). Of course, there are pop artists like Britney Spears who've made a living out of basically never singing a single note live, but when it comes to televised performances a lot depends on what kind of equipment they've got in the studio, preparation time and cost efficiency. Even singers like Celine Dion who can clearly sing do it. It's still a bit jarring to see though. This is also the reason why so many metal bands often choose to perform acoustic versions of their songs. It's the most basic thing they can put together that's still going to sound good with mediocre recording equipment. It's often either that or a mimed performance.

To me it's totally acceptable for a singer like Tarja, who's spent her life time singing live, to occasionally lip sync on big tv shows, no big deal to me cause I've known very well how excellent she is at live performances.

To me it's totally acceptable for a singer like Tarja, who's spent her life time singing live, to occasionally lip sync on big tv shows, no big deal to me cause I've known very well how excellent she is at live performances.

Of course. No one is saying otherwise. Like I said, it's just a sad reality that many TV stations don't invest in good equipment for their musical guests. In the end they have to consider how many people will be watching, enjoy the music and eventually buy it. And of course, they also have to consider if the audience knows them well enough that they can get away with performing an acoustic version live with minimal equipment or if they want to present the studio recording in all its polished glory.

I love Tarja's classical concerts and projects, by the way. I kind of wish she'd prioritise that kind of stuff over the rock/metal career. She definitely has the talent, but I fear she doesn't have the audience for it.

Nightwish and especially Floor Jansen Fans, click her Videos and dislike her Videos! its been like that since summer.