WhiteRaven

Tarja Turunen pt. III

1,409 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Sophia said:

I wish there was a professional recording about this concert! :)

Seconded. A good recording of one of her current classical concerts would be awesome.

6 hours ago, silverlining said:

Seconded. A good recording of one of her current classical concerts would be awesome.

Sum me on that!! :D

Yes, please! Another release like Beauty and the Beat, but without the beat lol. Just 100% classical this time.

I think she puts more effort into her singing when she is doing these types of concerts. I don't know if it's because she is standing more still or if it's because she feels that she has to work harder to impress fans of classical music and musicals. 

She does. She said in an interview not too long ago that she's more relaxed and doesn't worry as much about imperfections during rock shows, which is honestly not a good attitude to have. Yes, it's important that she enjoys performing but there are people who pay to hear you sing live and they expect you to do your best. It's one thing to aim for perfection but not not be too hard on yourself when you mess up, and quote another to approach it with such a defeatist attitude that you're not going to do your best every time and that's ok because it matters more that you have fun on stage. Both these approaches could still result in the exact same performance output, but one encourages you to improve over time and the other is being content with not improving.

1 hour ago, Nocturnal Queen said:

I think she puts more effort into her singing when she is doing these types of concerts.

She does!!

46 minutes ago, Magnus said:

She does. She said in an interview not too long ago that she's more relaxed and doesn't worry as much about imperfections during rock shows, which is honestly not a good attitude to have. Yes, it's important that she enjoys performing but there are people who pay to hear you sing live and they expect you to do your best. It's one thing to aim for perfection but not not be too hard on yourself when you mess up, and quote another to approach it with such a defeatist attitude that you're not going to do your best every time and that's ok because it matters more that you have fun on stage. Both these approaches could still result in the exact same performance output, but one encourages you to improve over time and the other is being content with not improving.

Beyoncé learns how to sing her songs while running so that she can perform them live while dancing without losing breath and control. Her shows are always energetic and she appears to enjoy herself on stage while her vocals are still close to perfect. 

28 minutes ago, Nocturnal Queen said:

Beyoncé learns how to sing her songs while running so that she can perform them live while dancing without losing breath and control.

I saw that on an Idol contest! One of the girls was told to do that! And she did great!!! :D Maybe Tarja should do that too!

Sooo... It looks like I'm going to see her live in a couple of weeks!:yahoo:This came relatively spontaneously, because I've already been on a concert of hers last year, so I didn't think I'll see her live so soon again. But I really wanted some time off, with a city break and of course a concert, and after a bit of pondering - Tarja won. It's time to get into the concert-mood!

2 hours ago, Sophia said:

Sooo... It looks like I'm going to see her live in a couple of weeks!:yahoo:This came relatively spontaneously, because I've already been on a concert of hers last year, so I didn't think I'll see her live so soon again. But I really wanted some time off, with a city break and of course a concert, and after a bit of pondering - Tarja won. It's time to get into the concert-mood!

So fantastic!!  A year isn't that bad.  I saw her not even a month ago...and I already want to go see her in concert again.  I am jealous.  Wish I lived in Europe and it was so easy to go see her.  :P

Of course it's not bad! The thing is that I am usually not going to more than 1-2 bigger shows a year which involves travelling because, well... money. lol. So I thought I'll prioritise another band this year, especially since I've seen Tarja quite a lot of times already, but apparenty... I won't.  :P

2 hours ago, Encaitar said:

I saw her not even a month ago...and I already want to go see her in concert again.

I know that feeling!

5 hours ago, Imagineer said:

Cool/weird video. But Tarja stop talking I can't listen to the actual covers :P

I loved this, she is so sweet. I liked how she gave constructive criticism to some, it made it seem like she took them seriously as singers. I've seen other videos like this were the artist just keeps saying how cool the cover is, and sometime it seem to me a little disingenuous or dismissive. It was cute how shy/embarrassed she was that they decided to cover her. Also the little kid and her reaction were adorable ( "don't headbang like that it's not good for you" thats such a mom saying) :P  

22 minutes ago, silverlining said:

It was cute how shy/embarrassed she was that they decided to cover her.

Sounds like she has no idea how important her contribution was to the metal scence throughout the years. Although improvised somehow, she became a role model for a lot of female singers in the rock/metal scene. I think her feedback to those singers were made as a very strict teacher she might be :P

29 minutes ago, silverlining said:

"don't headbang like that it's not good for you" thats such a mom saying

Also beacuse of her neck pain she's been through lately. In my opinion, she never did it in the right way. Floor could teach her how to do it to avoid hurting her neck haha

I just wanted to post this here, but I was late. This video made my morning! :D And the kid is from Romania, I've heard about him, he grew up since. But it's so cool she heard him singing too! Edit: And he has seen the video!

I know the girl at 4:30!! Well, not personally, but she's a friend. Her name is Elmas. If she's seen the video she must be so proud of herself!.

7 minutes ago, Symphoniker said:

If she's seen the video she must be so proud of herself!.

I will be if I were her!! :)

That was an adorable video!!  Wish I had even a modicum of talent so I could try covering Tarja.  (as if!!)  That last one...:)  "He's just a kid!!"  

On 10/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, Imagineer said:

Cool/weird video. But Tarja stop talking I can't listen to the actual covers :P

Great video! Love watching these kind of reactions :) However, I find it a tiny bit ironic to watch her give (constructive) criticism to the ones who did Nemo when she never has been able to do a great job with that song herself, except the studio version. 

How come I didn't know about this until now?

I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked on the video, but wow, it sounds very nicely with her voice and the changes they made - even if it's just a video from the soundcheck. It's a pity there is no recording from the actual performance, I'd love to hear a proper live or studio recording of this!

She has a cover of Rammstein's Ohne Dich from that concert that I'm in love with.

3 hours ago, Sophia said:

It's a pity there is no recording from the actual performance, I'd love to hear a proper live or studio recording of this!

Me too!!

Holy cow, this is incredible! I wonder how is old this video? 'Cause from what I heard I don't think she sounds so good now, right?