WhiteRaven

Tarja Turunen pt. III

143 posts in this topic

That's so pathetic. Especially since Tarja and Floor are friends! What could they possibly hope to achieve?

So, Susana Asspera was back for a single show with Asspera. Just played the same Asspera song as last year, though this time she also played Until My Last Breath with them. Nothing new, nothing special, just a good Asspera feature to bid a nice farewell to this 2016:

Some fans spotted Naomi in the VIP seats jumping and dacing to mommy :D

To be honest, I'm not very found of Tarja's head voice after her study in Germany circa 2003 (that Ever Dream performance in End of an Era makes me cringe every time), but now that she has devolped a great chest voice I feel like I'm going to enjoy her solo stuff a lot more from now on.

I hope it's Outlanders, it's been high time this thing got released, and plus, I think it is too soon for her to have enough decent material for her new rock album. 

Wouldn't it be named something else than "New Tarja Album" if it was Outlanders though? It's not her solo project.

Maybe they kicked her out, just without a public letter lol. 

She just released two albums last year and is intending to put out a new one already? Have a break please, Tarja. Not that I am complaining about it of course. But maybe it's something related to an anniversary? She is doing more or less 10 years of solo career this year around, and about 20 of whole career. There's Act II too.

Interesting. Usually it takes 3 years for her to come up with a new one;MWS2007, WLB2010, CITD2013, TBV/TSS 2016.
maybe she really had enough Material for a new one?<- but because of that she even decided to release TBV, i am confused..
I would love a complete classical Cover album, just the way like Katherine Jenkins does! =)

I would love a complete classical Cover album, just the way like Katherine Jenkins does! =)

Ehm, as a kind of a one-off side project maybe, but to go full time into classical crossover covers, please no. There are already enough wannabe-classical singers out there singing the same pieces and songs, using the same approach to covering them and beating the same old dead horse. 

If she'd want to move more into classical direction, I'd love her to keep writing her own music, or at least sing original pieces written for her, rather than simply cover most popular arias or songs. 

I don't think it will be her rock album imo..

Rather it can be some cover songs of classical artists or side project Outlanders or some kind of.. Not by her own name album.

Ehm, as a kind of a one-off side project maybe, but to go full time into classical crossover covers, please no. There are already enough wannabe-classical singers out there singing the same pieces and songs, using the same approach to covering them and beating the same old dead horse. 

If she'd want to move more into classical direction, I'd love her to keep writing her own music, or at least sing original pieces written for her, rather than simply cover most popular arias or songs. 

yes yes of course as a side project  :D i wouldnt mind one! of course own written songs would be even better. i made a disc for my car with only her classical songs from her solo albums, very nice  :D

She posted it in Instagram, and has a new web for the new album:

http://www.tarja-newalbum.com/

Not sure if it's a solo album or Outlanders, though.

Actually, that's her old domain that she constantly uses to promote new releases. They just change the layout and everything else according to the new album style.

She just released two albums last year and is intending to put out a new one already? Have a break please, Tarja. Not that I am complaining about it of course. But maybe it's something related to an anniversary? She is doing more or less 10 years of solo career this year around, and about 20 of whole career. There's Act II too.

I don't think it's a new rock album, I'm pretty much convinced this is a side project. At first I thought she was going to use that domain to promote Act II, but..... the PH contest is open until the end of the tour cause the pics are to be included in Act II. The SA tour is by the end of the year, so I don't think she'll focus on the Act II promotion right now when there's a whole year for it to be ready.

And it seems she loves releasing new material each year.

Usually it takes 3 years for her to come up with a new one;MWS2007, WLB2010, CITD2013, TBV/TSS 2016.

So, in the meanwhile between the rock albums she's already released: The Seer EP (2008), MWS Extended Edition (2009), Harus (2011), Act I (2012), Beatuy & The Beat (2014), Luna Park Ride (WHY?!) (2015), and Ave Maria (2015).

Then we can suppose it should be something related to an existing side project or a new one.

Troll Queen is back.

i am really looking forward to Act 2!

i would also like to have an instrumenta album version of CITD and TBV ! but i think ive read an interview years ago, she does not want to release a whole album full of instrtumentals!

It's pure and simple logic. An instrumental Tarja album, wouldn't be a Tarja album. She's the singer you know? Whereas, for example an instrumental Nightwish album, is stil a Nightwish album. 

I still wish she would do one :> even though i know the chances are about zero

i am really looking forward to Act 2!

i would also like to have an instrumenta album version of CITD and TBV ! but i think ive read an interview years ago, she does not want to release a whole album full of instrtumentals!

I always wondered why artists don't do this by default. They literally already have the instrumental, they just need to cut out the coval tracks. It takes little effort and there are definitely people who would buy it. It's a bit weird.

It's pure and simple logic. An instrumental Tarja album, wouldn't be a Tarja album. She's the singer you know? Whereas, for example an instrumental Nightwish album, is stil a Nightwish album. 

Even though she is not singing, there still a lot of efforts from Tarja on the album anyway. It's not only about the voice. At least that's how I see it.

I love this collaboration, she did years ago

The curious thing about that collaboration is that Mike Oldfield gave Tarja complete freedom to sing so everything she sings is her own vocal arrangement.  

I saw her live yesterday and i can say she was great. Although i have problems with her voice nowadays when i listen to her on youtube videos and such, I didn't really hear those problems live. The setlist could have been a bit better but overall it was a good concert!