WhiteRaven

Tarja Turunen pt. III

1,409 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Imagineer said:

Ohh Tarja singing with Naomi! So cute! 😍

So lovely!

Imagine Naomi 10 years later like: - hey, what about your first time on stage? / - Oh, yeah, that was for the DARK CHRISTMAS concert my mom used to do back then

Everything normal :P

2 hours ago, Damian said:

Imagine Naomi 10 years later like: - hey, what about your first time on stage? / - Oh, yeah, that was for the DARK CHRISTMAS concert my mom used to do back then

LOL :D

I can't wait for internet bickering to start over who sings better. :p

Aaah you can see their expressions here and the orchestra members' smiles. She's so cute <3

After watching this years Raskasta Joulua gig from telly, all i can say is that i have no desire to have Tarja there next year, as it seems her "singing"  reminds me and my mom a strangled cat...  sorry but not sorry, seriously why is she screaming the songs? 

I am sure her own classical concerts might be nice, but her voice doesnt work in RJ enviroment... IMO. 

Also she and RJ ruined walking in the air for me... 

1 hour ago, ruosteinen_kuu said:

Also she and RJ ruined walking in the air for me... 

I don't really get people who feel like seeing a new "worse" version of something they loved can "ruin" the original for them (this opinion seems to come up all the time in movies, with everything being rebooted). I like the "walking in the air" from The Snowman 1982 tv special, I've never liked any of Nightwish's or Tarja's versions, but they don't affect how I feel about the orignal...

Also I don't think anyone here liked how Tarja sounded in the RJ concerts. You are not sharing a controversial opinion, there is no need to apologize. 

On 12/24/2018 at 6:29 PM, silverlining said:

Also I don't think anyone here liked how Tarja sounded in the RJ concerts.

*raises his hand bashfully*

7 hours ago, Damian said:

*raises his hand bashfully*

I stand corrected. Well it's nice to know that even if I didn't like it some else did (although I was kind of hoping that if enough people hated it, it might get back to her somehow and she would maybe reconsider singing like that:pardon:, I guess not).

You never know. I personally believe that she doesn't pay too much attention to people's comments in social media, but maybe in her spare time she does. I don't really know.

17 hours ago, silverlining said:

it's nice to know that even if I didn't like it some else did

Well, that happens with anything, I guess. This sole performance of Tarja is not the only one, and it won't be the last one. And it's not that I think her technique is perfect, it's clearly NOT. But even though her voice sounds weird to my ears in some instances, it doesn't bother me enough so as to not enojoy the whole performance. Other people don't like it, and that's fine for me. I can live with that :P

Old article with Tarja, scans here!

Translation below:

Tarja Turunen’s and Antti Tuisku’s

WILD YEAR

There is no doubt about who are the biggest Finnish names in the entertainment sky in 2004. While Antti Tuisku caused hysteria back home, Nightwish lead by Tarja Turunen steamrolled abroad.

The Finnish music markets of the ending year have belonged to two successes above anyone else: Antti Tuisku has made people wild back home and Finnish biggest export has been Nightwish with its star Tarja Turunen. When the mega favorites meet for the first time in the photoshoot for Ilta-Sanomat, Antti Tuisku doesn’t cover up his admiration.
-  Tarja is so beautiful, Antti sighs many times and can’t help but hug her – repeatedly. Tarja’s husband Marcelo Kabuli and Nightwish boss Tuomas Holopainen, who hired Tarja as his band’s lead eight years ago, are also present and used to the displays of admiration Tarja causes, so the two settle on chuckling at the singers’ flashy encounter.

Antti and Nightwish performed late autumn in the same Plan concert but didn’t end up talking amongst all the rush. Therefore, it’s even nicer to catch up now. To all three the year has meant the fulfillment of hopes they have pursued for years, but not only that, because dreams always have a cost. Antti, 20, who was catapulted to stardom a year ago by Idols, as well as Tarja, 27, and Tuomas, 28, who earn the most credit of Nightwish’s success, talk about the past year with surprisingly similar words.

…..

“We need the rest”

Nightwish is the first Finnish performer of all time, whose current tour one could justifiably call a world tour. The past year has been quite a winning streak for the Finnish five, who are on an 18-month long tour. The grandest masterpiece of Tuomas Holopainen’s career so far, the band’s fifth album Once which is just about to have sold platinum for the third time over in Finland, conquered the whole of Europe, being the continents best-selling album for a few weeks.
That combined with Tarja Turunen’s grand charisma ensured the Finnish five, who have been touring the world for years, a huge success in the music markets of the world.
But that has also taken a toll. Tarja and Tuomas tell straight out that their energy is now really low.
- The year has been so hard, that each one of us has been fully drained. Your body tells you that we more than need the rest now, Tarja, who has been sick a few times on tour, says.
- This year has offered the best but also the worst moments of my life. Being in charge is mentally very hard. The pressure to be perfect is on you all the time, because you want to do everything just right, Nightwish’s leader Tuomas thinks.
Luckily they had reserved January for resting.
Tarja and her Argentinean husband Marcelo will spend the whole month in Costa Rica and Panama, where their love story began. New Year’s Eve is the couple’s second wedding anniversary. At that time both will flying separately towards Costa Rica.
- But only a few hours late from our anniversary we will meet there on the first day of the year. The trip is a gift to each other, even though Marcelo himself is the best gift of all. He has supported me all these years, Tarja thanks. 
Nightwish’s world tour isn’t even at its halfway mark. Next year they’ll be touring on all continents except for Africa. One doesn’t start a family or do anything extra besides that.
- Marcelo would have had babies years ago, he loves babies so much. I do too, but I first want to sing and succeed, have my feet firmly somewhere.

Also living in two countries needs to first be balanced before Tarja even wants to think about starting a family.
- Marcelo is such a big fan of Finland that if he didn’t have parents and a company in Buenos Aires, there’s no doubt whether he’d want to settle here.
Nightwish’s tour ends next November with three symphony orchestra concerts. After that, Tarja will do a tour related to her future Christmas album. At some point she should also find the time for a solo album that is in the works. Besides everything else, Tarja will be making a guest appearance in a duet on her brother Timo’s album.

They are the newcomers of the year

1. Tarja Turunen (24% of the votes)

Nightwish’s vocalist Tarja Turunen was the newcomer number one of this year according to IS readers. Tarja scored 24 percent of the given votes with her wonderful voice. Many reminded that Tarja has been on top for a long time, but this year the band and its vocalist made a real breakthrough.

4 hours ago, Afrodite said:

Nightwish’s tour ends next November with three symphony orchestra concerts.

That made me laugh! :D

A new, longer interview from NY (last autumn) was posted a couple of days ago.

Looks like she gave a LOT of interviews that day. :P

1 hour ago, Sophia said:

A new, longer interview from NY (last autumn) was posted a couple of days ago.

Looks like she gave a LOT of interviews that day. :P

Someday people will get her name right.  *rolls eyes*

Also I love seeing all the NY interviews because they were day after I saw her. :D:D 

Thanks for posting - don't have time to watch it all now but looking forward to hearing it later :)

18 hours ago, Slytherin said:

https://www.loudersound.com/features/tarja-turunen-10-records-that-changed-my-life

Just came across this article in which she discussed her album collections from other genres. I'm very happy to know that she owns Lady Gaga's albums, since I'm also a Gaga's fan lol. I can already imagine Tarja doing a duet with her

Agreed! Lady Gaga is a great artist and a musical chameleon. It seems she can handle any genre she wants to. We've already seen her do pop, edm, jazz, country, metal... A collaboration with Tarja would be really interesting for sure 😄

Indeed. Gaga is one of my favorite artists too. I see zero chance of a collaboration happening but I wouldnt say no :P p

I didn't get the sense that she actually liked Lady Gaga's music, I mean right after mentioning it she says "I’m buying albums just to listen to how producers work, for example, or if there’s a mixing engineer involved that I like. I listen to different styles because it helps me understand the people behind it better." To me it sounds more like she is doing research for work then anything else... 

She has definitely stated she liked her before. I think it was in Gaga’a earlier days. I think it was in a tv interview or something.