Spectre

Interview with Floor by Radio Tangra

15 posts in this topic

New VoS promo interviews coming up! Here is an audio interview with Floor by Bulgarian Radio Tangra:

http://www.radiotangra.com/album/e50ce60428aee608f405304e3b41670a.mp3

Floor's bashing of mainstream music TV and radio made me chuckle:

Radio interviewer: "Can you say that there was a video that had influenced you as a kid?"

Floor: "Not at all ... I have never been into music videos, I always thought that all those music channels wasted so much of my good time on s***** commercials and s***** music to wait for a good video to pop up. It's the same with listening to the radio, before there is finally a song that I like, played my own music ..."

Radio interviewer: Aha ... okaaay"

BAM!!!

Couldn't they have turned up the background music a bit more? I could almost hear the interview...

Anyway, STOP TEASING US ABOUT 2018! (Please keep teasing us!) "Mind-boggling" she says about the next studio album. Makes me think it's either a completely new musical direction, additional media/new way of presentation, or a mean overstatement.

And if mainstream media did play songs for everyone, the generic pop songs maybe wouldn't be overplayed to death, and some of them could actually be enjoyable!

"Mind-boggling" she says about the next studio album. Makes me think it's either a completely new musical direction, additional media/new way of presentation, or a mean overstatement.

I don't think she is talking about the next album there but the next plan of the band in general, which, as we all know is/should be a tour in 2018 (according to Kai). I mean, Tuomas has admitted lately that he hasn't got the inspiration for the next album yet so it'd be odd for Floor to describe the next album as mind-boggling at this point. I'm sure she's talking about the next tour. 

It was her response to a question about the next album though. But it does indeed seem more likely it was about their plans in general. Still very exciting! They keep coming back to that they have something special in the planning, and I want to believe the next release (maybe it's not a traditional album?!) is part of that. I mean, after EFMB, a world tour and a huge live release, what could possibly be so special about a tour after the break...? I'm eager to find out!  :horns:

Still very exciting! They keep coming back to that they have something special in the planning, and I want to believe the next release (maybe it's not a traditional album?!) is part of that. I mean, after EFMB, a world tour and a huge live release, what could possibly be so special about a tour after the break...? I'm eager to find out!  :horns:

Indeed! My thoughts exactly. It's of course possible but I very much doubt she'd describe it as mind-boggling if their plan was to 'just' play songs from the earlier records. Yes, even that would be great but hardly a 'mind-boggling' thing to do, especially since basically every established band seems to do that these days. Can't wait for 2018!

I kind of like how she calls out his bad/uninformed/drama-seeking questions.

It must get so dull at times.

He's bad at expressing himself too.

A few days ago a Spanish interview with Floor was posted and she had to deal with idiotic questions. It started with the generic questions we all know and Floor answered them enthusiastically. But then a bunch of idiotic questions striked, and she began to answer short sentences. One of them was "Most of the attendants of the Madrid show agree you were a bit cold with the audicence, do you remember why?" She was like "umm.... no.... I don't recall being cold there". Nerviously, I guess, the interviewer went back to the first question he already asked, and wanted to ask if the band's thinking of gathering new ideas for the next album next year, she had to interrupt with "No, we're taking a break. When you take a break, you don't work. Taking a break means no work at all". It was funny, though she may had a bad time while doing the interview.

I really don't know why these guys also misinterpreted this break. Even we all know we won't have any new NW material during next year, and we'd die for a glimpse of the new album.

These interviews often give me a sense of missed opportunity. I mean, just look at the many well-informed and creative fan questions in the band Q&A on this forum (there were some dumb questions as well, but still ...) ! Had one of the interviewers just looked up this forum!

There is a whole plethora of interesting issues to raise rather than asking for the band's plans during the break or Floor's pregnacy for the 50th time (and knowing that Floor highly values her privacy ...). The band really deserves credit for answering all these dull questions over and over again.

Bulgaria Presidential election worse than the US one?  Damn.  That's bad.

Bulgaria Presidential election worse than the US one?  Damn.  That's bad.

You have no idea what a circus it was ...