GhostHell

The Upcoming Nightwish Album

296 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Speckofdust said:

When Nightwish will release the 10th album Tuomas will be almost 50 years old ; D

"Tenth Album Down"?

You heard it here first.....

On 12/9/2018 at 8:37 PM, GreatEye said:

Tuomas always says that nobody in the band listened a single bar from the new songs. Somebody's lying :P

Actually here's a very recent italian interview with Marco where he says that he has heard some of the demos made by Tuomas already but that he can't tell much about it yet. He also tells a bit about his feelings on playing the old songs during the Decades tour (apparently he really likes playing Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean :D), about Floor as a vocalist and a bit about his current relationship with Tarja. 

Regarding the topic I have to say that I'm really looking forward to this new album. I really liked Endless Form Most Beautiful but I do agree with many others that Floor was a bit underutilized on the album when it comes to her vocal capabilities. Tuomas and Floor both said earlier that they don't want to use different vocal styles just for the sake of using them and that vocals have to serve and suit the song and I agree with them there. However I have to say that I feel that there are some songs on EFMB that could have benefited from the use of a different vocal style. I think one of the reasons Nightwish is so great is that they've always followed their artistic vision without compromises and I'm sure that's what they'll do with their next album as well.

But of course every fan has a certain "dream direction" where they wish the band would move towards with their next release and I'm no exception in that sense :pardon: It's no secret that I simply love Imaginaerum. I liked the variety, progressiveness and different styles there and the orchestrations are just awesome. If they could somehow combine that with the more band oriented vibe they had on EFMB and maybe put in some Century Child esque heaviness I would definately be hooked. I also love the folk elements but I wish they wouldn't do just another Last Of The Wilds, I Want My Tears Back or My Walden but find some new ways to use those instruments. Maybe a dark, atmospheric ballad type song with some melancholic Oceanborn style flutes and whistles? Anyway I'm more than excited and I'm sure the band is going to deliver a great album once again! :yahoo:

Is it me or do Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum  sound "better"? Not musically, but better recorded and mixed. 

2 hours ago, Sten said:

Is it me or do Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum  sound "better"? Not musically, but better recorded and mixed. 

Dark Passion Play do sounds better. Imaginaerum doesn't - I think its mastering is quite bad. Everytime I listen to this album with in-ear earphones, it's just painful to my ears. With over ear headphones it doesn't happen. The songs are great, but there are like little noises and scratches.

Gladly, the songs from Imaginaerum in Decades remastered, so I can listen to them without problems.

Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum aren't better, they're louder. EFMB broke the pattern, which is why it sounds different, but certainly not worse. It does change the feeling, the personality of the music. Paints itself differently in my head, at least. The upcoming album better sound as good or better than the last, and Decades points to that being the case!

I wonder is there gonna be long,epic track? I mean is Tuomas would want to make a longer song than TGSOE

59 minutes ago, NeoGeorg said:

Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum aren't better, they're louder. EFMB broke the pattern, which is why it sounds different, but certainly not worse. It does change the feeling, the personality of the music. Paints itself differently in my head, at least. The upcoming album better sound as good or better than the last, and Decades points to that being the case!

Yeah. And the remasters on Decades sound a gazillion times better than the original masters. I'm so pleased with that and I hope this continues on future releases.

I think the biggest difference between EFMB and the previous two albums is Kai's drum sound.

17 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Yeah. And the remasters on Decades sound a gazillion times better than the original masters. I'm so pleased with that and I hope this continues on future releases.

I think the biggest difference between EFMB and the previous two albums is Kai's drum sound.

I don't see the difference of mastering sound

On 12/23/2018 at 10:59 PM, Vattep said:

Actually here's a very recent italian interview with Marco where he says that he has heard some of the demos made by Tuomas already but that he can't tell much about it yet. He also tells a bit about his feelings on playing the old songs during the Decades tour (apparently he really likes playing Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean :D), about Floor as a vocalist and a bit about his current relationship with Tarja. 

Regarding the topic I have to say that I'm really looking forward to this new album. I really liked Endless Form Most Beautiful but I do agree with many others that Floor was a bit underutilized on the album when it comes to her vocal capabilities. Tuomas and Floor both said earlier that they don't want to use different vocal styles just for the sake of using them and that vocals have to serve and suit the song and I agree with them there. However I have to say that I feel that there are some songs on EFMB that could have benefited from the use of a different vocal style. I think one of the reasons Nightwish is so great is that they've always followed their artistic vision without compromises and I'm sure that's what they'll do with their next album as well.

But of course every fan has a certain "dream direction" where they wish the band would move towards with their next release and I'm no exception in that sense :pardon: It's no secret that I simply love Imaginaerum. I liked the variety, progressiveness and different styles there and the orchestrations are just awesome. If they could somehow combine that with the more band oriented vibe they had on EFMB and maybe put in some Century Child esque heaviness I would definately be hooked. I also love the folk elements but I wish they wouldn't do just another Last Of The Wilds, I Want My Tears Back or My Walden but find some new ways to use those instruments. Maybe a dark, atmospheric ballad type song with some melancholic Oceanborn style flutes and whistles? Anyway I'm more than excited and I'm sure the band is going to deliver a great album once again! :yahoo:

Sorry, this is a bit off-topic, but since the interview got posted here, I'll go ahead anyway: It's always a pleasure to listen to Marco, I just shake my head every time I hear an interviewer asks questions like "can you name 3 songs that best represent Nightwish's history", "can you name any band inspired by Nightwish?" or "can you name all the Nightwish songs which are in F Minor?" (Okay, I made that one up)... I get it, you wanna be original when asking questions, but when these guys go on tour, almost before every show there's some press-related stuff to do, and I bet they're tired and bored and the last thing they wanna do is go through these mental gymnastics.

/rant :P

Feels like it's been quiet for a long time now... Just a tiny tidbit of new information would be cool... :teehee:

10 hours ago, NeoGeorg said:

Feels like it's been quiet for a long time now... Just a tiny tidbit of new information would be cool... :teehee:

No news is good news?...............  or maybe they're just having a well-earned break!

I don’t think we can expect any news before the summer. Maybe just tidbits on when the summer camp will start and stuff like that.  And maybe news for the dvd as well. Other than that, I think we’ll start getting news during the summer camps, maybe we’ll be getting  trailers from the camp like they did with EFMB. 

4 hours ago, Imagineer said:

I don’t think we can expect any news before the summer. Maybe just tidbits on when the summer camp will start and stuff like that.  And maybe news for the dvd as well. Other than that, I think we’ll start getting news during the summer camps, maybe we’ll be getting  trailers from the camp like they did with EFMB. 

Oh god no they can keep their camp trailers and updates I remember they had like 12 videos of absolutely nothing about the album. 

Haha, I remember. Everyone was just waiting for like some new snippets of music and then they gave us videos like Floor buying stuff in a supermarket in Joensuu. I enjoyed watching those videos nonetheless. I guess they might be up to something similar for the upcoming album.

17 hours ago, dragonprincess said:

Haha, I remember. Everyone was just waiting for like some new snippets of music and then they gave us videos like Floor buying stuff in a supermarket in Joensuu. I enjoyed watching those videos nonetheless. I guess they might be up to something similar for the upcoming album.

Aaahhhh yes these were some of my favourite videos!! I watch them when I'm having a bad day, they make me laugh :)

4 hours ago, ÉlanRae22416 said:

Aaahhhh yes these were some of my favourite videos!! I watch them when I'm having a bad day, they make me laugh :)

I also enjoyed those Videos (although I stumbled over them when the Album was already released :D) It would be great if they do something similar for the new Album :) 

I much prefered written album-related reports like they did for Once and DPP.