GhostHell

The Upcoming Nightwish Album

612 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Encaitar said:

When typically do they announce the album title and cover art?  Several months out still?

I would dare to say that they'll release the album on the 27th of March, 2020, the same day EFMB was released in 2015. They usually release things on similar dates every time, it must be something from Tuomas. That day is also a Friday, when most of the albums are released in EU. So the album title and cover should come out in December with the main single in January or February, just like Élan.

I hope this time we can have good videos like Nemo or The Islander. Élan is fun and all, but I think something like the Within Temptation level would be great. Undoubtedly Nightwish is the biggest band of Nuclear Blast and one of the biggest metal acts in mainland Europe, they deserve better. A good video is still a great form of marketing, especially in medias like YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose Tuomas wants privacy. He is not feeling comfortable about being a target of fans wanting all the details related his being and work. He has said this many times in many interviews. He expresses himself best using music. This must be the creating force for all the unbelievable art he is able to do.

Already song "Dead Boy's Poem" contains this piece of lyrics confirming the same. I think this song is his "self-portrait" of those early days and it has not changed much since:

"If you read this line, remember not the hand that wrote it 
Remember only the verse, songmaker’s cry, the one without tears"

 

It is great to have artists, who are confident producing their own work like they want and not going for all the hype and whatever commercial effort to market their productions. We have enough marketing and all-the-time-on-line-stuff in this world already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the album is at a stage where I guess they don't want to give too much away yet. As said, the EFMB videos really  suffered because they couldn't say anything concrete in them. I guess once the Album title and release date are announced, we'll get more press activity and interviews, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be a lot more secrecy this time around. I don't mind it, but the wait seems long at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NW-forever said:

I suppose Tuomas wants privacy. He is not feeling comfortable about being a target of fans wanting all the details related his being and work. He has said this many times in many interviews. He expresses himself best using music. This must be the creating force for all the unbelievable art he is able to do.

Already song "Dead Boy's Poem" contains this piece of lyrics confirming the same. I think this song is his "self-portrait" of those early days and it has not changed much since:

"If you read this line, remember not the hand that wrote it 
Remember only the verse, songmaker’s cry, the one without tears"

 

It is great to have artists, who are confident producing their own work like they want and not going for all the hype and whatever commercial effort to market their productions. We have enough marketing and all-the-time-on-line-stuff in this world already.

I want ice cream as well, but cannot have it. Life is tough, Tuomas. I demand realtime studio updates, and I demand them now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would much rather have the album through my door knowing nothing about it, the build-up to WT's latest offering was so poorly done and I really hope the same doesn't happen with the new NW...............so maybe I should just keep away from here:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Essexboyinwales said:

I would much rather have the album through my door knowing nothing about it, the build-up to WT's latest offering was so poorly done and I really hope the same doesn't happen with the new NW...............so maybe I should just keep away from here:lol:

Yeah, I understand that!  I'm actually wondering if I want to try to make it to release without listening to any of the singles.  Not sure if I can hold out that long though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Baki said:

I want ice cream as well, but cannot have it. Life is tough, Tuomas. I demand realtime studio updates, and I demand them now! 

Ohh it could be just like reality tv!

"Mitch said my ending was boring and predictable! He said my chord progression is lame and I should study voice leading! Whaaa, I thought he loved me!" :cry:

@Baki I'd buy you an ice cream. Do you like waffle cones? :teehee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Essexboyinwales said:

I would much rather have the album through my door knowing nothing about it, the build-up to WT's latest offering was so poorly done and I really hope the same doesn't happenwith the new NW...............so maybe I should just keep away from here:lol:

Definitely agree. The release of WT latest album was really poorly done, fingers crossed that Nightwish fare better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want the music to be good and interesting. I don't want this long awaited release to be one we're ready to move on from 3 days after (Like EFMB).

Pre-release hype is ok, but really, they need a killer album this time around. I'm not sure about how long the band will last, much less how many more albums we'll get with these 6 years long cycles.

They need to kick it out of the stadium this time around, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jus adding my 2 cents... efmb was, when I started listening to Nightwish a couple of month ago, very low on my list.. I didn't like the songs very much at first. It took me quite a bit of time and several hear through of all songs to start liking them... I think it is because it's quite different from what you normally expect and the theme is also quite 'brainy' so it takes some getting used to it. I really hope Tuomas will come out with something special this time and I trust it's going to be great. For sure, after efmb, I won't give up after just one hear through... 

I trust our Maestro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Figment-of-me said:

 

@Baki I'd buy you an ice cream. Do you like waffle cones? :teehee:

Can I have studio updates with it as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ahasverus said:

 I don't want this long awaited release to be one we're ready to move on from 3 days after (Like EFMB)

:ermm::wacko::laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Essexboyinwales said:

:ermm::wacko::laugh:

We have some varied opinions on this board. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 4:28 AM, Ahasverus said:

I just want the music to be good and interesting. I don't want this long awaited release to be one we're ready to move on from 3 days after (Like EFMB).

Pre-release hype is ok, but really, they need a killer album this time around. I'm not sure about how long the band will last, much less how many more albums we'll get with these 6 years long cycles.

They need to kick it out of the stadium this time around, really.

Absolutely spot on. EFMB was really underwhelming for mine; all the build up and anticipation led to a really disappointing (by NW's standards) release. 

Regarding the band's longevity, I have real fears that this could be the second to last album we get. Considering how long (5+ years) it seems to take for each new album to come out, and how much each member has going on outside of the band, not to mention their ages... It makes me very nervous. Tuomas has already spoken about future releases and tours with AURI (ugh) and Marco mentioned a few solo shows, so it's not like NW is their only priority anymore.

I think the tenth album might just be the dreaded acoustic album... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Nihilist said:

Slipknot??? Is a secret message? :clap:

Masked Nightwish confirmed on a new album tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ThePhantom said:

Masked Nightwish confirmed on a new album tour.

???? Care to elaborate for a new fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nihilist said:

Slipknot??? Is a secret message? :clap:

:P

Also spotted Limp Bizkitz' "best of" album cover in that playlist

Nostalgic Tero, I can feel you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThePhantom said:

Masked Nightwish confirmed on a new album tour.

Since the album will be inspired by the Black Mirror series it'd be a good idea to have the members with masks from the White Bear episode :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GhostHell said:

Since the album will be inspired by the Black Mirror series it'd be a good idea to have the members with masks from the White Bear episode :P

The tour with masks was a joke,right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now