GhostHell

The Upcoming Nightwish Album

677 posts in this topic

Wow, nice one :) I am pretty sure that they are not just on this poster because they look nice? Could this really be a hint?

25 minutes ago, Detox said:

Hopefully, this is the right thread to discuss this but I noticed the two symbols in the poster for Sao Paulo show and was interested whether anyone from here is a sign expert :-)) Could they refer to the new album title maybe? I've done brief research and found out they are Sumerian glyphs. The first one resembles a combination of signs that stand for a man and a woman (flipped horizontally). The other one stands for a god. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 15.25.03.jpg

Wow that’s cool! The symbols drew my attention as well but my research was not as deep :P

51 minutes ago, Detox said:

Hopefully, this is the right thread to discuss this but I noticed the two symbols in the poster for Sao Paulo show and was interested whether anyone from here is a sign expert :-)) Could they refer to the new album title maybe? I've done brief research and found out they are Sumerian glyphs. The first one resembles a combination of signs that stand for a man and a woman (flipped horizontally). The other one stands for a god. Any ideas?

I'd say they've all been playing a lot of golf.....

52 minutes ago, Detox said:

I'd say they've all been playing a lot of golf.....

Edited by Essexboyinwales
Double post in error!!!

I noticed the symbols but had no idea either haha hope we start to get some information soon, at least the album title or some hints?  or maybe it's too soon and i'm anxious? haha 

EFMB was announced in December and it was released in March. If they are gonna announce the Decades dvd soon I’m guessing they won’t announce the new album before December again. 

As Detox said that's Cuneiform or Sumero-Akkadian cuneiform, one of the earliest systems of writing, was invented by the Sumerians... I hope that if it follows more or less the same thematic line that EFMB be a better album.

It does look like it's going to be a follow up to the previous album thematically, but perhaps more focused around mankind and religious inventions though history rather than the more broader theme of life and evolution that was present on the previous album. Which in turn makes me think of The Divine Conspiracy. Maybe we're in for something a lot more controversial than just narration by Dawkins this time?

I'm amazed at how quickly someone managed to decipher those symbols though, and I bet the band is too.

5 minutes ago, Magnus said:

To be fair, they kind of look like trumpets.

Hahaha, so a super secret hint that there will be even more orchestral parts on the new album? :D

On 9/10/2019 at 10:39 AM, Detox said:

Who posted this flyer? The Band? I couldn't find in internet the poster that you are talking about. The announce of the sudamerican tour in the official page hasn´t this simbols.

If the band want to give us a hint of the new album I imagine that they are gonna do it in their official comunication chanels not in some random poster. 

In other hand, I really really want that this  to be a clue. :woot: In that case could be the name of the live DVD?  

5 hours ago, Nihilist said:

Who posted this flyer? The Band? I couldn't find in internet the poster that you are talking about. The announce of the sudamerican tour in the official page hasn´t this simbols.

If the band want to give us a hint of the new album I imagine that they are gonna do it in their official comunication chanels not in some random poster. 

In other hand, I really really want that this  to be a clue. :woot: In that case could be the name of the live DVD?  

the posters are in the official nightwish facebook page

On 9/10/2019 at 10:29 PM, Magnus said:

Maybe we're in for something a lot more controversial than just narration by Dawkins this time?

I'm in for some juicy controversies. Having Dawkins on Endless Forms was a really good move.

14 hours ago, i-slander said:

the posters are in the official nightwish facebook page

You´re Right! I not use to look the facebook page...
In the Argentinian poster this symbols appears too with other design (The "God" symbol is bigger and cover the backgroud).

At least I think that we can said the cover of the new album will has a brown color palette... It feel like ancient paper... something relationated with the origin of the civilizations, maybe.

If humankind and its relationship with knowledge, faith and contemplation of existence is the main theme, I can see Tuomas approaching it in a Black Mirror style. 

33 minutes ago, Serena said:

Wow! It looks like they moving forward very fast :) Wonder what parts they will record now. I asked on Tee twitter about Troy vocals and he answered that  its not been recorded.

3 minutes ago, Speckofdust said:

I asked on Tee twitter about Troy vocals and he answered that  its not been recorded.

What????

I assume Troy's instruments and vocals are going to come next, before the orchestration. Everything else has already been recorded.