Nightwalker

Nightwish will start "Decades" World Tour in March 2018

745 posts in this topic

I just came here to say that if they don’t play Beauty of the Beast in the Decades tour and at the very least release an hd recording on YouTube, I’m done with this band! :dwarf:

Marco did a radio interview today on Radio Rock and mentioned that the upcoming tour setlist will consist of songs from each album, in a quite evenly way so that no particular album or albums be the focal point.

I 'm glad to hear it! I figured they wouldn't neglect newer songs, just keep a more balanced set since they aren't promoting a new album.

My wife, who isn't as hardcore into their early albums will be pleased as well! I think she would have been a bit disappointed if they played Oceanborn in it's entirety or something similar. I want to hear songs off of EVERYTHING.

1 hour ago, I AM ERROR said:

I think she would have been a bit disappointed if they played Oceanborn in it's entirety

Seriously, what kind of a monster have you married? Get a divorce now before she starts beating you.
We're all concerned. :P

6 hours ago, some_dude_on_the_interwebs said:

Seriously, what kind of a monster have you married? Get a divorce now before she starts beating you.

Especially since there's no reason she wouldn't love Swanheart and Walking In The Air.

On 2017-10-12 at 0:44 PM, gabby said:

Marco did a radio interview today on Radio Rock and mentioned that the upcoming tour setlist will consist of songs from each album, in a quite evenly way so that no particular album or albums be the focal point.

That sounds good. Basically, an even selection of fan favourites and rarely performed songs spanning their entire career then.

On 10/13/2017 at 0:19 AM, some_dude_on_the_interwebs said:

On 10/13/2017 at 7:06 AM, JRA said:

Especially since there's no reason she wouldn't love Swanheart and Walking In The Air.

Hahaha! In all seriousness, she just isn't as familiar with Oceanborn as a whole. She does love Walking in the Air though (and Sleeping Sun), but who doesn't? 

Most of her favorite songs are on Century Child and Dark Passion Play! She's a casual Nightwish fan who knows the songs because I play them. I think I'll keep her around :)

On 14/10/2017 at 6:29 AM, Magnus said:

That sounds good. Basically, an even selection of fan favourites and rarely performed songs spanning their entire career then.

Hm. It'd take 3 songs for each album if the setlist includes 24 songs. That'd be perfect to me. I wouldn't include the last 2 albums, but if there's a chance to get a live version of Our Decades, Sagan and Edema Ruh (once again) that'd be a deal.

I wonder if they'll play the songs chronologically or with no logical order at all :P Anyway, only 5 months left! I'm really looking forward to it.

22 hours ago, Damian said:

I wonder if they'll play the songs chronologically or with no logical order at all :P Anyway, only 5 months left! I'm really looking forward to it.

I wondered the same! Don't know what I would prefer though. A chronological order could work in terms of atmosphere, but a non-logical order would be more exciting and surprising.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:36 PM, Damian said:

Hm. It'd take 3 songs for each album if the setlist includes 24 songs. That'd be perfect to me.

That would be great but let's not kid ourselves; they won't play over 20 songs. It'll be ~16-18 songs as usual. 24 songs would mean 2 - 2.5 hour set and with Nightwish it just ain't gonna happen.

My guess is they'll put a bit more emphasis on the first 3-4 albums, playing maybe 3 songs per each album while the newer albums get 1-2 songs played.

They might play ~24 songs in total during the tour though since the setlist may not remain exactly the same every single night. So it still makes sense to talk about picking 3 songs per album.

Having a 24 songs setlist would be too beautiful to be true (unless they merge some songs making them shorter). I would assume that they not gonna play more than 2 songs from Angels Fall First (just a feeling) and EFMB since they strongly promoted this album during the last tour... and I also hope they gonna eventually leave Storytime as it seems like it's been played every single show since Imaginaerum is out. Enough :laugh:

I would like them to play nothing from the last 2 albums (with the exception of maybe Rest Calm), and not the songs they've played to death from the others as well, only old songs, lots from AFF and Oceanborn, and then perhaps some newer ones just as encore. Just please not songs they've already played a lot. Seriously no Storytime or Amaranth or Nemo . Or Wishmaster. Let them explore the deepest part of that chest, the stuff they hardly bring out anymore. Otherwise there's no point in making it a Decades Tour.

2 hours ago, valice said:

Having a 24 songs setlist would be too beautiful to be true (unless they merge some songs making them shorter). 

Mmmm... cutting NW songs a la Tarja's NW medley is not something I'd like for this anniversary tour with the super rare setlist they've been announcing. if they want to do so, I'd rather them doing it for the new album tour. It's been a while since they don't join songs by cutting them.

And I join the "no overplayed singles" team.

I love medleys when they are done correctly, so I would actually like if they made one. Tarja's nw medley is mediocre...how could she leave out the StD chorus?!

Deep Silent Complete has to be their most "underplayed" single that deserves to be played live more often. I have a feeling Floor would nail that one.

Deep Silent Complete is one of my favorite singles! I'd also love Sacrament of Wilderness. Anette did great in that song, so I think Floor would do a good job with her contemporary vocals (not sure with her classical though). And Kinslayer too, it's amazing. I'd like Passion and the Opera if she sang it like in Prison of Desire and Decipher.

I'm afraid Sleeping Sun joins the "overplayed singles" group. It's my favorite song and I'd love to hear it but it's Oceanborn's most played song. In any case, I won't get tired with it easily <3 Unlike Wish I Had an Angel and the likes.

1 hour ago, Magnus said:

Deep Silent Complete has to be their most "underplayed" single that deserves to be played live more often. I have a feeling Floor would nail that one.

This times 100! Both Deep Silent Complete and Bare Grace Misery are on my wishlist of songs from Wishmaster.

I agree about Sleeping Sun too - even though Floor’s Tampere performance genuinely takes my breath away every time I see it!

On 10/19/2017 at 1:39 PM, OneOfTheLostOnes said:

I wondered the same! Don't know what I would prefer though. A chronological order could work in terms of atmosphere, but a non-logical order would be more exciting and surprising.

Actually I think opening with Elvenpath and ending with The Greatest Show On Earth would be brilliant for both the band and the fans!

Also, medleys are trash.

17 hours ago, Imagineer said:

I love medleys when they are done correctly

Which is, "four hours into the wedding, when everybody is already kinda drunk and the best man may or may not be shagging the bride in the toilet".

At least they are not doing Oceanborn songs only. The album is good but I wouldn't want to attend a concert with only these songs played. A selection of songs from all albums is a very good thing. I agree that they should leave most of the overplayed songs aside and play some songs they haven't played for years. Deep Silent Complete needs to be played. I'm dying to hear that one live. And then I'd like to hear something of Angels Fall First. And of course something from Oceanborn. Devil And The Deep Dark Ocean would be great.

That sounds fantastic to me... I join the chorus of people that don't want more than 1-2 songs from EFMB played, after the huge world tour and Vehicle of Spirit. An even spread is fantastic :) no album misses out. I just hope that Australia won't either!

On a side note, Floor said something on her Instagram about not being active online because something big was happening... would I be getting my hopes up too much if I thought that the Decades compilation album would feature songs re-recorded with Floor...?

44 minutes ago, The_Black_Rose said:

On a side note, Floor said something on her Instagram about not being active online because something big was happening... would I be getting my hopes up too much if I thought that the Decades compilation album would feature songs re-recorded with Floor...?

The guys seem a bit reluctant to the idea of re-recording old songs, but who knows. Anything can happen. As regards Floor's IG post, I immediately thought about the revival of her old project with the guy from Pagan's Mind. We'll know soon.