Alex Luss

Symphonic metal covers

24 posts in this topic

Hello!

This is my cover of the guitars and instrumental of She Is My Sin, one of my favorite songs, from the best Nightwish album ever :dwarf:  \m/

Everything is homemade from recording to mastering: I recorded the guitars, bass, and orchestral parts with my keyboard (including the voice that I replaced with violins). Drums are synthetised from a midi track.

Hope you like it, tell me what you think!

I have other covers from Nightwish and other symphonic metal bands on the way (Epica, Within Temptation, ...), and for these upcomings ones I am collaborating with an amazing singer also doing covers on youtube for the vocal parts. Stay tuned ^^

Hello guys!

Since my last Nightwish cover I kept working on my mixing skills and contacted Minniva (whom some of you may know, and if you don't, you should!) who is an awesome metal singer on youtube, and after a few weeks of hard work, here is our cover! Another really talented youtuber, Agordas, participated for male growl vocals.

What do you guys think ?  :laugh:

Wow! That is really awesome. Even better than your She Is My Sin cover which is also totally great. :) Minniva's voice also suits well to this song.

Awesome piece! You guys sure are talented. How about the drums, who is the drummer or are they programmed (sounds bit like it)? As a drummer myself I am bit interested on that part, too ;)

Thank you for your nice words and feedback!

The drums are programmed, Minniva and Agordas took care of recording the vocal tracks, and I did all the rest, instrumental and mixing. So what you hear and don't see me play, is programmed :D

Hello friends!

Back with a new cover in collaboration with Minniva and Tommy Johansson from the band Sabaton :)

Tell me what you think!

Good cover! Not sold on the video (but then I don't like most metal videos, so don't worry), but musically it's good!

Here is a new version of She is my Sin, this time with vocals by Rehn Stillnight  :laugh:

I think I also improved at mixing since last year, what do you guys think of this new cover? :)

Hello guys!

Back with a new Nightwish cover I am really proud of, in collaboration with Alina Lesnik. As Minniva and Rehn she is an amazing singer, I loved working on this cover with her, and I think the result is getting better and better :)

All these songs you post are great! This last one is awesome...so thank you very much for sharing it. I'm a novice guitar player so your playing is amazing to me.

Thank you! It's my pleasure to share them, to me that's all the point of music!

Haha I understand that, keep practicing! My current playing would most certainly have amazed the beginner me from a few years ago, and still, there are so many awesome players out there that still blow my mind. But keep yourself at it, it's worth it :)

I am really proud to share this cover with you. Last Ride of the Day is my favorite song from Imaginaerum, and I made a special effort on the mix and video editing to restitute a bit of the magic of the original song. I hope you'll like it!

Thanks man!

Today a new Kamelot cover featuring Dragica. She's such an amazing singer, we're on our way to a lot of collaborations together!

Hi guys! Coming back with more, this time mixing a bit genres and getting a bit out of the strict symphonic metal style. Had so much fun working on it, I guess you can tell by watching it :D

Hey guys, new Nightwish cover, offered to you packed with a bit of fresh moutain air and cool lake waves to cope with the summer heat, and the amazing voice of my friend Alina Gavrilenko 😊

Hope you like it!