Speckofdust

AURI

615 posts in this topic

On 28/3/2018 at 8:50 PM, hunebedbouwer said:

@planet_terror

I think, even Hannibal would have recognized the irony..............my dear!

I did recognize the irony, I just didn't find it funny.

This is a gorgeous album from start to finish.  Highlights for me so far (3 listens in) are The Space Between, Night 13 and Desert Flower - the latter is just utterly gorgeous, one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Wonderful stuff!

My favourite so far is, paradoxically, Night 13. 

Savant, up until the equestrian atmospheres, sounds very much like a To Be Rich 2 to me. There are some very similar elements...

Still loving this album, and Aphrodite Rising has become one of my favourites now: but the pronunciation of "can" as "ken" in the lines "lights out, the night pours in,  catch me if you can" is bugging me a little... but not enough to ruin it:)

@Essexboyinwales I think that pronunciation is fitting since the line is delivered in a very "playful" manner. Great performance by Johanna. And then, "ken" rhymes better with "in", but...

13 hours ago, NeoGeorg said:

@Essexboyinwales I think that pronunciation is fitting since the line is delivered in a very "playful" manner. Great performance by Johanna. And then, "ken" rhymes better with "in", but...

I think my view is coming from an English perspective:)

More than a month down the road, The Space Between outro is still like bottled happiness.

I really like the album. It has this atmospheric-otherworldly sound at times that I really enjoy. My favorites are Underthing Solstice, See and Aphrodite Rising.

I'm enjoying the album as well. Atmospheric otherworldly sound is indeed a pretty good description. Yet it's folksy and melodic too. Does draw some from NW but perhaps more from Scrooge. Yet, it is its own thing for the most part. I'm looking forward to hearing more from Auri in the future! 

let's talk about the lyrics of "desert flower"

i find "Desert Flower" as the deepest and most personal song of the album

What strikes me is, that it speaks in the past and not in the present jus one line in present.

Aside that I'll say it's dedicated to his wife johanna.

although i dont get  why he is talking in past, along with the melody it just makes it feel  so nostalgic.

-All I wanted was
For to see your smile break out
A mirror for the sun
And the early rising moon-

describing the longing "was/break out" (past what i'm saying) to see that person by getting some reaction of their part. And the happiness that provokes in him just by looking at him / her and his/her reactions.
in fact it is so much his happiness that mirrrors the most powerfull light "the sun" and the most magical moment of the moon.

-All I wanted was
All I wanted was

Past the line, on the steps
Follow you
Hear me slowly breathe
Cross the line, up the steps
Follow you
Hear my fading voice-

all he ever wanted was to pass his/her "lineage (?) and his steps" have children with her/him (?).
listen to him slowly breath meaning "sleep next to each other and listen each others breath like a copule would on a bed" once again he talks about this "pass on his legacy",
the he changes to hear his fading voice (now as an old couple) before dying.

what does not make sense to me is this part:

-All I wanted was
For to wake you from our dream
The hope of kingdom eats
Drifting out across this field
All I wanted was-

He / she wanted to awaken her from her dreams and that she could see the greatness of her kingdom that was already here?

and then--

-Past the line, on the steps
Follow you
Hear me slowly breathe
And we'll
Cross the line, up the steps
Follow you
Hear my fading voice

Once this morning has passed
Once this morning you have gone-

-All I wanted was
For to cross the Rubicon
Softly pull the fences down
Cross the waves, across our lives-

I do not know what the rubicon is but "pull the fences down" in my language speaks of putting aside problems, also talks about crossing the waves / distance that separate them

-All I wanted was
To go
All I wanted was
To go
navigatio-

tuomas wanted a break from his marriage or what?

forgive my english.

:woot:

new trailers for auri?? it was uploaded today, on NB youtube page. Some leftovers I think. 

I am still enjoying the album so much. My baby daughter was born in March and I spent so many days listening to the songs while dandling her to sleep. I will probably always remember that when I listen to the music.

My favourite songs are The Space Between, I Hope Your World Is Kind (I often sing to my child as a lullaby and it moves me a lot),  Desert Flower, Night 13 and Underthing Solstice. Due to a lack of sleep (who would have thought that xD) the songs often keepn spinning in my head for days!