Speckofdust

AURI

612 posts in this topic

On 28/3/2018 at 8:50 PM, hunebedbouwer said:

@planet_terror

I think, even Hannibal would have recognized the irony..............my dear!

I did recognize the irony, I just didn't find it funny.

This is a gorgeous album from start to finish.  Highlights for me so far (3 listens in) are The Space Between, Night 13 and Desert Flower - the latter is just utterly gorgeous, one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Wonderful stuff!

My favourite so far is, paradoxically, Night 13. 

Savant, up until the equestrian atmospheres, sounds very much like a To Be Rich 2 to me. There are some very similar elements...

Still loving this album, and Aphrodite Rising has become one of my favourites now: but the pronunciation of "can" as "ken" in the lines "lights out, the night pours in,  catch me if you can" is bugging me a little... but not enough to ruin it:)

@Essexboyinwales I think that pronunciation is fitting since the line is delivered in a very "playful" manner. Great performance by Johanna. And then, "ken" rhymes better with "in", but...

13 hours ago, NeoGeorg said:

@Essexboyinwales I think that pronunciation is fitting since the line is delivered in a very "playful" manner. Great performance by Johanna. And then, "ken" rhymes better with "in", but...

I think my view is coming from an English perspective:)

More than a month down the road, The Space Between outro is still like bottled happiness.

I really like the album. It has this atmospheric-otherworldly sound at times that I really enjoy. My favorites are Underthing Solstice, See and Aphrodite Rising.

I'm enjoying the album as well. Atmospheric otherworldly sound is indeed a pretty good description. Yet it's folksy and melodic too. Does draw some from NW but perhaps more from Scrooge. Yet, it is its own thing for the most part. I'm looking forward to hearing more from Auri in the future!