Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Cellar Darling

45 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Twister said:

I'll better check out their debut album.

It's pretty good!

The new Cellar Darling album, titled "The Spell", will be released on 22.03.2019, there is already a new video to the title track:

1 hour ago, Martin said:

The new Cellar Darling album, titled "The Spell", will be released on 22.03.2019, there is already a new video to the title track:

Another masterpiece from the CD ! Album cover looks so amazing :) Like the concept of an album about the girl who falls in love with the death ;) Can't wait to hear full album :)

3 hours ago, Martin said:

Going to see them the day after they release the album - guess I better pre-order:music:

3 hours ago, Martin said:

Cool song!! :D

I have the strong feeling that this will be my album of the year. Love the two songs they have released so far (and the topic of the album is pretty interesting as well) and the coolest thing is that they asked their fans to pick the third single to release and the vote declared the longest track of the upcoming album as winner.

New clip to the song "Death", it sounds really amazing <3

Here are some details to the new record, there will be a limited digibook with a bonus audio CD which is narrated by Anna:

SharedImage-86906.jpg?t=5ee6a38866495b3a

1 Pain  
2 Death  
3 Love  
4 The Spell  
5 Burn  
6 Hang  
7 Sleep  
8 Insomnia  
9 Freeze  
10 Fall  
11 Drown  
12 Love Pt II  
13 Death Pt II

I've been playing these first three singles of "The Spell" on loop. So  far I like everything about this album: the concept, the art work, the music. When I found out the theme of the album, it opened up totally new dimensions in these songs (especially 'Insomnia').

Here is the live premiere of 'Death', played on Swiss radio. The song has a lovely flute solo:

A couple of general remarks concerning the band:

• Anna Murphy has a charming voice.
  • I like they are not overly folky.
  • When they go heavy, they have a nice punch in them.
  • That hurdy-gurdy is a devilish instrument (in a good way), I just hope they won't overuse it.
  • I like the doomy, progressive and psychedelic elements they have incorporared in the new album.

1 hour ago, Twister said:

A couple of general remarks concerning the band:

• Anna Murphy has a charming voice.
  • I like they are not overly folky.
  • When they go heavy, they have a nice punch in them.
  • That hurdy-gurdy is a devilish instrument (in a good way), I just hope they won't overuse it.
  • I like the doomy, progressive and psychedelic elements they have incorporared in the new album.

Cool! :D

On 3/19/2019 at 12:50 PM, Essexboyinwales said:

Seeing them Saturday - my first Hurdy-Gurdy experience:music::cool:

Have fun! 

Here's the streaming link for the show at Youtube Space London today. It'll begin in about 45 minutes

Live stream on Youtube

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!  The gig on Saturday was just fantastic.  She has THE most wonderful voice.  Intimate venue, two excellent support bands, and then CD for 90 minutes of phenomenal progressive folk metal.  What a band!  The new album is stunning, evem though I haven't digested it fully yet.  Will be very difficult to beat for album of the year!

And no ear plugs required, sound was loud but perfect.  Awesome gig!!!!

Have to say that the new album didn't disappoint me at all. It is brilliant work and I also enjoy the audiobook a lot. Now I hope that will catch them live again at some point because I'm dying to hear the new material live. This could be my album of the year already. :good:

I liked the singles and I've listened to the album a little bit on spotify, it's a good album. I think it has a very nice mood to it, although I do wish the lyrics were somewhere online because it's hard for me to follow along with the story without them.

17 hours ago, silverlining said:

I liked the singles and I've listened to the album a little bit on spotify, it's a good album. I think it has a very nice mood to it, although I do wish the lyrics were somewhere online because it's hard for me to follow along with the story without them.

And that's why you should buy the CD!  It has really nice big lyrics in the booklet (yay!)

New album might be better than Eluveities new one. Gotta listen to both more before judging though.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:37 PM, Imaginarium said:

New album might be better than Eluveities new one. Gotta listen to both more before judging though.

Really loving the new Eluveitie, but it's not as good as The Spell, which is just amazing!