MeadowsOfHeaven

Beast In Black

23 posts in this topic

Beast In Black is a Finnish heavy metal band founded by Anton Kabanen, ex-guitarist, songwriter & producer of Battle Beast in 2015.

Line-up:

Yannis Papadopulos - vocals

Mate Molnar - bass

Sani Hänninen - drums

Kasperi Heikkinen - guitars

Anton Kabanen - guitars, vocals

beast_in_black.jpg

They recently signed for Nuclear Blast and their debut album "Berserker" will be released on November 3rd.

beast-in-black-berserker.jpg?x=330&y=330

Today they released first song & video "Blind and Frozen" from "Berserker" which you can listen here:music:

Tracklist:

1. Beast In Black
2. Blind And Frozen
3. Blood Of A Lion
4. Born Again
5. Zodd The Immortal
6. The Fifth Angel
7. Crazy, Mad, Insane
8. Hell For All Eternity (Bonus Track -  DIGI only)
9. Eternal Fire
10. Go To Hell (Bonus Track - DIGI only)
11. End Of The World
12. Ghost In The Rain

LP

Side A

1. Beast In Black
2. Blind And Frozen
3. Blood Of A Lion
4. Born Again
5. Zodd The Immortal

Side B

The Fifth Angel
Crazy, Mad, Insane
Eternal Fire
End Of The World
Ghost In The Rain

Preorder

Kabanen is my fave modern guitar player, he's like a Randy Rhodes incarnate. Although, I need to adjust to him having a male vocalist. I am still stuck in the Demos/Steel era.

I like it...but I prefer most of the new Battle Beast album.

Don't tell Anton I said that please.
:P

Yeah, the album as a whole might be better than "Bringer of Pain" (even if it's one of my favorites of 2017 so far!) and I'm definitely excited for it.
This is a good song, I just don't think it's great.

I like how the singer, at times, sounds similar to both female vocalists Battle Beast have had - even though he's a guy. :P

Here is the lyric video Beast in Black from the first album Berserker of the band Beast in Black. What POWER and RAGE! Anton Kabanen was the founder and the only song-writer of the band Battle Beast, from which his band mates kicked him out after having registered the band´s name for themselves. The song Beast in Black has been inspired by the manga Berserk and at the same time reflects Anton Kabanen´s feelings after having been kicked out from his own band. 

Hopefully Beast in Black will support Nightwish during the Decades tour. Tuomas Holopainen and Anton Kabanen are obviously friends since many years, and Tuomas has praised the new album in public. I also think that these two guys share similar characteristics. They are gifted, dedicated to their art and are silent Finnish men who can best express their feelings through their art.

First song was just jaw-dropping, I love it, not much with the second one though. BTW sounds like it was heavily inspired by the manga Berserk wasn't it?

I actually prefer this over the first song.  Sounds like it could have been on Battle Beast's "Unholy Savior", and I consider that a good thing since that's my favorite album by them.  Both songs are good, though!

This is really sad news: Beast in Black is no longer touring with WASP Nation in Europe. Yesterday BIB informed on their facebook  "The tour is over for Beast in Black. We did not get the treatment we were guaranteed, so we are really sorry but are not able to continue the WASP tour." 

Better news are that Beast in Black´s first album Berserker is released to-day and their first video Blind and Frozen has gained  almost one million views.

^ Wow, I didn’t see that news, how awful!!

I’ve been thinking Beast in Black would be a good choice to support Nightwish on their Decades tour - here’s hoping!

Listened to the debut album just now and I must say, I love it!  I can't even think of a song I don't like - they're all ridiculously catchy and fun. :D I think my favorites are "Crazy, Mad, Insane" and "Blood of a Lion" at the moment.  Here's to hoping the album does really well!

On 9.9.2017 at 0:17 PM, Nightwalker said:

And the first single... :)

I think I am about to become totally addicted to this song. :D

Anton Kabanen, the frontman of Beast in Black has revealed  in Ilta-Sanomat a couple of in details why Beast in Black stopped the European tour with W.A.S.P. 

The bands had an agreement, but W.A.S.P. did not respect it. Beast in Black were not allowed to do a sound check and the worst thing was when W.A.S.P. started to demand money from Beast in Black for allowing them to play!!!

On 11/3/2017 at 8:36 PM, Twister said:

New lyric video:

Jesus tap dancing Christ!

This stuff is awesome, and by "awesome" I mean that I'm actually excited about this.

I'm not saying I feel like when I discovered Iron Maiden, but it's sort of like when I heard Gamma Ray for the first time or something.
This is the about only metal song I actually like that came out since 2006 or so.
Love the 80s influences.

But... is the guy singing on the first song? The verse sounds like either Jon Anderson on helium or a... woman.

7 hours ago, some_dude_on_the_interwebs said:

Jesus tap dancing Christ!

This stuff is awesome, and by "awesome" I mean that I'm actually excited about this.

I'm not saying I feel like when I discovered Iron Maiden, but it's sort of like when I heard Gamma Ray for the first time or something.
This is the about only metal song I actually like that came out since 2006 or so.
Love the 80s influences.

But... is the guy singing on the first song? The verse sounds like either Jon Anderson on helium or a... woman.

Yeah wow, his voice in the chorus. Fuck man, that is something else. Reminds me of Mike Vescara, that grit and screaming pterodactyl action. :lol: 

Not bad...

On 10/15/2017 at 3:33 AM, WinterHeart-273 said:

Here is the lyric video Beast in Black from the first album Berserker of the band Beast in Black. What POWER and RAGE! Anton Kabanen was the founder and the only song-writer of the band Battle Beast, from which his band mates kicked him out after having registered the band´s name for themselves. The song Beast in Black has been inspired by the manga Berserk and at the same time reflects Anton Kabanen´s feelings after having been kicked out from his own band. 

Hopefully Beast in Black will support Nightwish during the Decades tour. Tuomas Holopainen and Anton Kabanen are obviously friends since many years, and Tuomas has praised the new album in public. I also think that these two guys share similar characteristics. They are gifted, dedicated to their art and are silent Finnish men who can best express their feelings through their art.

I practically fell out of my chair when it got to 'BERRRR SERKERRRRR'

Holy fuck!

My personal favorite part of the lyrics in Berserker is “...invoke the BEAST OF DARKNESS!!” Yannis has incredible line delivery on that one, IMO. 

Chart positions for Beast in Black´s Berserker:

Finland # 7, Germany # 51, Switzerland #  33, France # 169, Sweden # 13 (Hard Rock), UK # 21 (Rock), UK 39 (Indie). Not bad at all for a debut album.

For me, Berserker is the best metal album this year. I want to support the band and have bought a few copies of Berserker, one for myself and the rest as presents for my young metal head relatives.

1 hour ago, Tiranu said:

Does anybody know this cover from Yannis? Impressive!

Blimey.
An open letter is in order.

EDIT: Good God, it only just occurred to me that it's him doing the falsetto. I thought it was Anette, off the record.

On 11/27/2017 at 7:02 AM, Unstrung said:

I practically fell out of my chair when it got to 'BERRRR SERKERRRRR'

Holy fuck!

You mean "BER SER KEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

Too bad the lyrics are slightly silly, otherwise it would be really really awesome.