MeadowsOfHeaven

Beast In Black

53 posts in this topic

If you like Beast in Black give a chance to Battle Beasts Lionheart and their selftitled. Back in 2012 I think only their first album was released. The two albums that followed are more close to BIB. Definitely try their song Touch in the Night.

Beast In Black is awesome, and Giannis is even more awesome! I first heard of him when he released his cover of Flight of Icarus by Iron Maiden. You know someone is a good singer when they do Iron Maiden justice :ok:

Well, I saw them live last night when they did the support for Nightwish and they were really good (the people in front of me in the first row weren't that impressed but I was just jumping and singing along anyway). They played Crazy Mad Insane which is my favourite song of them. I'm also looking forward to the the release of their new album next year. They came to the merch after the show and although it was crowded I managed to get at least a picture with Anton. Maybe I should to a headliner show of them in the future.

Am I the only one who thinks that he should get Nitte back? Does anyone know why she left Battle Beast? Her voice is wasted on Burning Point. No disrespect to the current singer of Beast in Black, but it is still hard for me to imagine Anton without Nitte as that power duo. I never really enjoyed Battle Beast as much as the Demo and Steel.

This probably won't leave my head for, oh I don't know, the next 45 years.  Excessively catchy!  A nice mix of 80s pop and power metal, as usual.

I like it too!

Btw they were great when I saw them opening for Nightwish. Full of energy and their setlist was great. Eternal Fire, Ghost in the Rain and Crazy, Mad, Insane were awesome live! I didn’t enjoy the concert that much for reasons unrelated to the band, but they sounded really good live and I’d love to see them in a headline show. I meeean Yannis is Greek, so I’m hoping they’ll play here sometime. 

On 12/2/2018 at 11:08 PM, Imagineer said:

Btw they were great when I saw them opening for Nightwish. Full of energy and their setlist was great. Eternal Fire, Ghost in the Rain and Crazy, Mad, Insane were awesome live! I didn’t enjoy the concert that much for reasons unrelated to the band, but they sounded really good live and I’d love to see them in a headline show. I meeean Yannis is Greek, so I’m hoping they’ll play here sometime. 

I thought they were excellent last night too!  They were having a great time.  I've never heard them before, but may well check out their stuff.  Mad drummer.....

I guess it's a day for releasing singles, besides everything that has been posted on the form today (Within Temptation, Delain, Jinjer) In Flames and Dream Theater also put out new stuff. Beast In Black are a little too power metal for my taste, but it's fun music.

And yet again, a really good mix of 80s-style pop and power metal.  I feel like Anton Kabanen is extremely good at combining these sounds!

Awesome song! Cannot wait for this album. 

I liked a lot Berserker, the first album of Beast in Black, and am now excited about their upcoming album From Hell with Love. I have already preordered it.

Anton Kabanen´s first band was Battle Beast, from which the other band mates kicked him out. They behaved like crooks when stealing for their own use the band name, which belonged to all the six band members. Anton could not demand compensation from his ex-band mates because the band name had not been registered. Anton was devastated but fortunately soon recovered, continued to write new songs and founded a new band Beast in Black, for which he was lucky enough to find more cooperative and technically better players and a better singer he had in Battle Beast.  The vocalist Yannis Papadopoulos is a gem. Rare singers are so versatile as Yannis; his voice can vary from soft and gentle to  screams and roars. In addition, Yannis´s vocal range is over four octaves ranging from E2 to A#6 whistle notes. I asked Yannis about his vocal range after the Hartwall Arena gig on 15 December 2018, and he was kind enough to write it down for me on a piece of paper. After the gig all Beast in Black members came near to their merchandise desk for signing their albums and other products, photos and answering questions.

Beast in Black warmed up for Nightwish during their European tour leg in late autumn 2018. During this tour the Beast in Black guys got a chance to play in really big venues.  This served as valuable promotion for them, when tens of thousands of people saw them for the first time. So, Beast in Black has all the reason to thank Tuomas Holopainen and Nightwish for taking them on the European tour leg. Actually, Beast in Black have thanked Nightwish for treating them so well. Nightwish, Beast in Black and Sonata Arctica share the same management company, viz. Till Dawn They Count owned by Toni Peiju and Ewo Pohjola, but the management company cannot choose the warm-up band(s) for Nightwish against Holopainen´s will.  

It was fun watching the Beast in Black gig at Hartwall. The Beasts could not afford screens and pyros, but it did not matter. I wondered how Yannis could sing so well in spite of moving a lot on the stage. He also made some high jumps; his thigh and leg muscles have to be in good shape. The band also had some choreography.  The bass and guitar players wore special goggles with words during Crazy, Mad, Insane (what an excellent live song!) and often formed groups of two or three to move in unison while playing. It was also noteworthy how near the band members often went to each other on the stage. In my eyes this kind of body language strengthens Anton´s words when he tells about the excellent relationship between the band members.

Based on these two singles, I'm tired (already) of this band. "Blind and Frozen" was a great single but now it seems it's only downhill and repetition from the past. Only positive that I can see is the awesomeness of Yannis Papadopoulos.

Edit. But I'll gladly admit they were awesome live when I saw them @ Decades Tour.

Really digging the samples in these track by track interview/video thingies. :P

I think the album's gonna be pretty good.  Not radically different from the first one, that much is obvious, but if it ain't broke don't fix it I guess!

The new album is absolutely fantastic, a wonderful marriage between 80s pop and good old fashioned power metal!  I noticed a definite uptick in synth on this one, to the point where I was thinking some of these songs would go well in an 80s action movie, or a "Kung Fury" sequel. :P  Really good, fun stuff!

Yup!  I've been listening to it on Spotify repeatedly since yesterday, and my preorder should be in the mail today. :)

Beast in Black´s second album From Hell with Love gained position # 1 in Finnish album charts and # 6 in German album charts. Congratulations! Their European tour starts within a few days, and many of the venues are already sold-out. 

I really like the new album better than the first one. Shamelessly poppy and catchy, although I usually don't like pop in my metal. Also saw them live a couple days ago in Jyväskylä, they were pretty good live but they use too much backing tracks for my liking. (Then again, this is Nightwish forum so most people here probably don't mind... :P) They really need a keyboard player but Anton has said in an interview that it's not gonna happen, so oh well.

I am seeing them live tonight. Decided quite spontaneously, because I needed an excuse to escape all the carnival nonsense. 

I quite like the second album, although I do prefer the first one. 

56 minutes ago, Baki said:

I am seeing them live tonight. Decided quite spontaneously, because I needed an excuse to escape all the carnival nonsense. 

Have fun! :D