everdreamer1990

Delain

1,025 posts in this topic

Wow... I don't know which is more unbearable... the halfassed logic behind what I've just read, or the atrocious spelling and grammar I had to sift through while I read it.

@Razorclaw: Professional music is a business. I know a lot of musicians hate the business side of it, but that doesn't make it disappear. Bands wouldn't get money without selling records and playing concerts. I'll say it again, the "has to be tweaked" thing has nothing to do with personal oppinions. RR has sold hundreds of records. They know what sells and what doesn't and if something has to be tweaked then it's probably to increase the chances of the album selling well, not because the people at RR or at Warner personally don't like it.

They don't know what you or me personally like, true. But they do know what a majority of fans likes. If they didn't they wouldn't successfully sell records.

I'm not going to address the reply because it's so far off the point and inaccurate I'll require some sort of drug to prevent my head from imploding. I'll just leave it by saying I'm flattered you've signed up for this forum purely to argue with me, albeit in a misguided and very factually inaccurate method and hope that you enjoy trying to discover new music with no label influence :)

I'm surprised nobody has popped in to talk about their new song, "Get the Devil Out of Me."

Click

I honestly am not very fond of it. I mean, I think it's catchy musically (as always), but Charlotte's nasally vocals kind of kill it for me.

Link naturally doesn't work in Germany, listened to one of the live versions and I agree. It sounds like an April Rain song, only simpler. If this song is indicative of the new album...meh.

Link naturally doesn't work in Germany, listened to one of the live versions and I agree. It sounds like an April Rain song, only simpler. If this song is indicative of the new album...meh.

There is a proper version on soundcloud. ;)

I think it's quite OK for a single, but the album should better be more interesting.

I agree that Milk and Honey would have been better for a single.

Not a big fan of the new single, to be honest. But at least Charlotte sounds better than ever on it.

There is a proper version on soundcloud. ;)

I think it's quite OK for a single, but the album should better be more interesting.

I agree that Milk and Honey would have been better for a single.

Thank you! Proper version sounds decent, typical Delain. Hope they won't have more than 2 or 3 songs like this on the new album though.

Thanks for the link!

Well, I listened to it and... hmm, I really like the first 30 seconds; I like those bass notes and the cool keyboard line... but the lyrics - woefully generic <_<

Maybe it is in part due to the delivery -- though Charlotte has admittedly always had a 'poppy' sort of voice -- so I'd say it's the tune itself that isn't working for me. Ah well, I rarely love first singles anyway, so I'm definately still looking forward to hearing the rest of the album!

^ Yeah, that about sums up my feelings as well. I'm still holding out hope for the rest of the album being worthwhile.

Delain have said themselves they write pop songs with a metal coat, so this is exactly what I expected from them and I'm liking it very much. The verse hook is very catchy and weird.

Sounds really familiar but I can't think where from :unsure: , at the moment looking like I won't be a convert, we'll see from the rest though.

I think this will be a normal Delain album to be honest. Good for those who like Delain, but won't win over people who didn't like them before. Of course I could be wrong, but that single indicates the arrival of April Rain Reloaded. Not that I object, I liked April Rain a lot. But I don't think this will be anything too different for Delain.

I still can't get into the new song. I'll listen to the album on Spotify when it is available there, instead of pre-ordering it when that option is available. I'm hoping that I'll like most of the album, but I just can't get into this single.

I was also thoroughly unimpressed by the single, but then again, Delain-songs are seldom "impressive" - but somehow this has crept into my brain like so many other Dealin songs. It's all about the pop-catchiness, and in that respect the songs very well - for me, at least.

Here's the first live video of one of the new songs Delain is playing this tour.

[media]

[/media]

I like the song, I really do, but man is Delain more and more a pop band with heavier guitars and keyboard or what? Not that it's bad, but it's more and more like "ok, we heard that one before". April Rain was a really fresh combination (at least to me) of metal/rock elements and pop, Lucidity more on the metal side, but this album may loose the "combination of elements" aspect a bit.

The band posted short previews of the songs from We Are the Others. You can find them here.

Sounds like typical Delain through and through, some songs were less impressive than others but overall it sounds fairly promising. I was nervous when I heard it would be 'heavier' since I enjoyed their sound the way it was, but from the previews it sounds a lot like April Rain.

Are You Done With Me is probably my favorite of the previews. Babylon and Mother Machine sound decent, as well.

I was expecting something much heavier, since that's what they said it would be? Still looking foward to hearing the whole thing in it's entirety

I like the samples.. Even though I can't really match every sample to a songtitle. ^^

Babylon, Are You Done With Me and the last one seem to be the best so far.

The album is not really as good as I expected.

It's full of catchy melodies, heavy guitars and Charlotte's vocals sound magnificent but it seems to me that they didn't care much about the sense of the tracklist, 'cause Best Shot for example sounds somehow disjointed after Milk & Honey, just like Where Is The Blood after Best Shot and the first half of Not Enough sounds more like a bonus track.

The songs themselves are all catchy as hell, but they don't work well on an album together.

What I really don't understand is that they left out the choir part at the beginning of the sample of Babylon, that could easily have been the best part of the whole album. Anyway, Babylon and Electricity are the only standout-tracks on the album (at least for me) and that's kind of sad for a band that managed to put out two albums full of hit songs.