everdreamer1990

Delain

999 posts in this topic

Sounds interesting! But I don’t get exactly what they’re saying. Will this be a full new album? Aka Delain6 or will this be something between an Ep and a Full album with a full album following later? I guess we’ll find out soon. 

29 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

anywayor will this be something between an Ep and a Full album with a full album following later?

Looks like that! :) Anyway on Thrusday we'll hear new songs!!

Hunter's Moon has single written all over it. Pretty logical follow-up for Suckerpunch. 

Watching their lives-show from YT and this band has grown. They are clearly ready to take that big step from that opening band-status. When I first found out about this band Charlotte was still a shy girl, trying to hide herself behind the rest of the crew and now look at her. Right in the front and center, commanding the stage with her presence. I think Merel and Timo are everything the doctor ordered for this genre as guitarists. For too long the guitars have been on the background, under all kinds of orchestral backing tapes. With this band, the guitars are commanding the sound, not only supporting it, they have beef in the guitar-sound and I just love those little solo's Timo keeps bringing in. 

I really don't know who this new drummer is, but he sure fills the shoes of Sander and Ruben as a hard-hitting rock drummer.

And just to repeat myself:there's a key fan group, balding Finnish men approaching their middle -age, this band keeps neglecting with having no Finnish club-dates. Frankly, I find that insulting and if this band doesn't deliver during their next tour, I will take this issue to the proper authorities as a human rights violation and discrimination against a certain group (the said balding Finnish men approaching their 50's). The punishment for the crime will be a year-long tour with only Finnish club shows in it and at least 50 of those will be in Klubi, Tampere. Delain, you have been warned. 

On 10/15/2018 at 4:28 AM, Harvest said:

I really don't know who this new drummer is, but he sure fills the shoes of Sander and Ruben as a hard-hitting rock drummer.

Joey Marin. He plays drums on Merel's band "Purest of Pain": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7KlBwjSLBM

And also on a small band called Majín, which is alternative rock/pop, it has some Lorde's vibe in it, I think. You can listen to it on Spotify.

I hate the fact that he's only 22 and he doubles me in size and talent/productivity :P 

This cover is just gorgeous! It's very different in style to what they normally have. I love it.

Can't wait to hear the new music too, the last album was great so I have high hopes for this one.

Meh, I was thinking the exact opposite. I dislike the cover to the point that it's enough reason not to buy this EP or whatever it is.

50 minutes ago, Century Child said:

Can't wait to hear the new music too, the last album was great so I have high hopes for this one.

Looks like we'll have two albums next year!

1 minute ago, NighttimeBird said:

I dislike the cover to the point that it's enough reason not to buy this EP or whatever it is.

WATO was worse!!

I like the cover, though I do prefer the "Moonbathers" cover (might be my favorite album art of theirs).  I'm excited for both the new songs and live ones, I'll probably pick up a copy.  Every time I've preordered from Napalm, I've gotten my stuff before the release date, so yeah. :D I thought $16.99 was kind of high for an EP at first...and then I realized the fact that it comes with a bluray completely missed me for some reason.  Whoops!

6 hours ago, Serena said:

Unfortunately not the entire show is on the Blu-Ray, the tracklist includes mostly the songs with Marco:

CD
1. Masters of Destiny
2. Hunter’s Moon
3. This Silence Is Mine
4. Art Kills
5. Hands Of Gold – Live (feat. George Oosthoek)
6. Danse Macabre – Live
7. Scarlet - Live (feat. Elianne Anemaat)
8. Your Body is a Battleground – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
9. Nothing Left – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
10. Control The Storm – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
11. Sing To Me – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
12. Not Enough – Live
13. Scandal – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
14. The Gathering – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)

Blu-Ray
Danse Macabre Live at Tivoli Vredenburg - Utrecht
1. Hands Of Gold – Live (feat. George Oosthoek)
2. Danse Macabre Intro – Live
3. Scarlet – Live (feat. Elianne Anemaat)
4. Your Body is a Battleground – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
5. Nothing Left – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
6. Control The Storm – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
7. Sing To Me – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
8. Not Enough – Live
9. Scandal – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
10. The Gathering – Live (feat. Marco Hietala)

Definitely my cup of tea! :) I wasn't so sure at the start but wow, a few minutes later I was very impressed. Pitty I can't buy this because I still hate the artwork >.>

Really great new song! :D
Loving it.  Will most certainly be preordering this EP now!

That awkward moment when Delain casually release a new single that is taken from an EP and not even a full album and it turns out to be one of the best Delain songs ever. Wow! Congrats Delain that sounds awesome. A little bit more symphonic and a little bit more “artistic”? I don’t know how to describe it exactly. It’s really good though! And the video is gorgeous!