everdreamer1990

Delain

1,041 posts in this topic

Some scoop from their official website:

U.S. Tour: Martijn delayed
Statement by Martijn:

"Hi Everybody,

Sadly I am not able to join the upcoming U.S. tour right from the start. 
Due to both private reasons and album activities which have some delays its rather problematic for me to fly in right away. However I will hook up as soon as possible and I am very much looking forward to be back in the U.S. 

I'm looking forward to see you all there a.s.a.p.!
Martijn" 

Finally saw Delain live for the first time and they put on a spectacular show!! Also got to talk to Charlotte after the show and she's such a sweetheart. I hope Delain returns to the US to headline sometime :D.

I envy you a lot CenturyChild, how was the show? Have the setlist or some pics or vids to share? :D

The show was great! Of course they didn't play some favorites of mine ("No Compliance," "Control the Storm") but since most of their early stuff is with a guest artist, I guess they want to play more stuff that's all Charlotte.

The setlist was:

Mother Machine

Go Away

Get the Devil Out of Me

Virtue and Vice

Electricity

Invidia

Sleepwalkers Dream

Not Enough

The Gathering

We Are the Others

Here are some videos (not my videos):

I've just seen them twice (opening for Kamelot) and I'm starting to think they are really awesome. (I'm kind of clueless though... during the gigs I was wondering whether they had a keyboard player and didn't realise until after that he's the founder of the band  :rolleyes: )

In addition to being great musicians they're really sweet and nice as I discovered when I met them and got pictures after the concert.

I was sad Martijn wasn't going to be there for my shows :( , but they still performed well. Charlotte sounds so great, and is such a sweetheart.

I wish they had Marco on tour with them so they could have played "No Compliance" and "Control the Storm" :D .

I was sad Martijn wasn't going to be there for my shows :( , but they still performed well. Charlotte sounds so great, and is such a sweetheart.

I wish they had Marco on tour with them so they could have played "No Compliance" and "Control the Storm" :D .

Yeahhh that would be really cool since she recorded with Delain songs for their first 2 albums!

Nothing bad for a second time

Edited by roestseel

I wonder will Delain support Within Temptation still in Europe next year?

Hmm. I would love to see them but I'm not keen on them or WT that much I would pay 50e for tickets. But hmm, let's see, I can chance my mind.

Yes, Delain is a great band! And they surprised me with how energetic they are live. And of course, WT is amazing live. I would go if you can, to any of those shows. I really wish I could see Delain and WT together.

Yes, Delain is a great band! And they surprised me with how energetic they are live. And of course, WT is amazing live. I would go if you can, to any of those shows. I really wish I could see Delain and WT together.

Yes Delain + WT = total awesomeness! Don't miss the chance, HooPee!  :dwarf:

I'm totally in love with Delain right now. I think Charlotte is my favorite lady in metal, both personality and voice-wise. She is such a sweetie :) I also love their lyrics, which is really unusual for me.

CHARLOTTE is true lady with very sensitive hands  I truly adore her <3 she always try her best in delain and in everything she dose she is very energetic and artistic person  .I truly did not like the last album but I still have hope for the coming one ,I hope the feeling of  April rain would be back in it ,where I can hear real orchestra on their songs again after they left roadrenner . 

I'm totally in love with Delain right now. I think Charlotte is my favorite lady in metal, both personality and voice-wise. She is such a sweetie :) I also love their lyrics, which is really unusual for me.

Delain is one of those hit-and-miss bands for me. On the other hand there's a bunch of very well crafted songs, on the other hand they do get a little repetative with that same kind of formula.

But, I generally listen to more heavy and progressive music and sometimes I just want to listen to this kind of pretty easy-to-digest material as well and Delain has really become one of favourites of the bunch. A fine example that it doensn't allways have to be hard and heavy and complicated to be good. Never seen them live, yet, but based on the videos on YT they do put on a great show.

And yes, if you like Charlotte, just try to imagine what we guys feel like :heat: . She's such a sunny, bright and based on her interviews clever woman as well.

And I'm beginning to like their new guitarist, Timo Sommers, as well. The guy has fantastic attitude on stage, sometimes when there's a lady like Charlotte on stage the rest of the bunch gets overshadowed, but he does a fantastic job.

I hope they get more widely known in the future. 

And I'm beginning to like their new guitarist, Timo Sommers, as well. The guy has fantastic attitude on stage, sometimes when there's a lady like Charlotte on stage the rest of the bunch gets overshadowed, but he does a fantastic job.

More about Timo,I found this on YT:

I really hope they'd utilize this guys talent as well and make more guitar-based record now that they are in  the studio.

I like the artwork and title and i'm quite interesting in listening to the new album which i think after the split with Roadrunner records will be a bit more like april rain.we'll see though! Why only 9 songs though? and it's not like Delain's songs are that long.

I like the artwork and title and i'm quite interesting in listening to the new album which i think after the split with Roadrunner records will be a bit more like april rain.we'll see though! Why only 9 songs though? and it's not like Delain's songs are that long.

I was impressed with the title as well. And maybe they have gone prog this time and have 9 eight-minute songs in it? :)

Seriously, for me the lenght of the album isn't that important, I just hope they have tight songs in it. One of my main problems with Delain so far has been the inconsistancy of their records. Mostly they have the best songs to start the record and after a few songs the record gets a bit repatitive and boring. I hope there's more variation between the songs this time and even if it's nine songs there, I hope every track stands out some way. 

And the lenght suggests that there could be couple of longer and more epic songs in it, which would be fine. And I have my fingers crossed for a few good guitarsolos from Timo as well.

^ I think you're right on "Mostly they have the best songs to start the record and after a few songs the record gets a bit repatitive and boring." and somehow reminds me a bit of April Rain and Daylight Lucidity. Some songs from April Rain like Go away and Nothing Left are totally forgettable for me. In the first album, there are lots I can't stand listening to. For me the new album sounds better although (let's say), they have gone less heavier that time.

I'm actually curious about this album, how will it sound and what the lyrics are. I do believe this is a concept album.

For me the new album sounds better although (let's say), they have gone less heavier that time.

I'm actually curious about this album, how will it sound and what the lyrics are. I do believe this is a concept album.

I don't see Delain as a heavy band. They've always been light, their songs have been really pop-orientaded. Couple of growls, downtuned guitars and some symphonic parts here and there don't make a difference, when the soul of the music in whole is in catchy melodies and light atmosphere. 

But, I think people should not see their "pop-sense" as a weakness. Because there is also a meaningful way of doing lighter music and Delain is capable of doing that. This band has talent in it's corner, but I hope they learn to utilize it better. More quality over quantity, not vice versa. Like you said there are too many forgettable songs. 

I agree it might be a concept album, the titles seem to have a reccuring theme. 

Yeah, I'm not saying they are THAT heavy (compared to Nightwish or Epica), but I would rather say that their music somehow has that metal influences and moments especially at April Rain album. I think they could be aligned next to Within Temptation, but their music is not bad at all, yes.

I actually thought they're somehow utilizing it the right way, or maybe they are not showing more of it yet?

I actually thought they're somehow utilizing it the right way, or maybe they are not showing more of it yet?

Yes, this is what I meant. Instead of those blank, forgettable songs like you mentioned they should try to concentrate of making more meaningful songs. There is so many things right in this band, Charlotte is a gifted singer and striking front lady, Martijn is a gifted songwriter, Timo is actually one of the best guitarplayers in this genre. So I hope they utilize these things better.