everdreamer1990

Delain

1,025 posts in this topic

I feel the same way, Imagineer - and the video itself is probably the best one they've done so far!  I love the imagery.

9 hours ago, Werewolf said:

the video itself is probably the best one they've done so far!  I love the imagery.

Same here! It was shot in Iceland! :D

I did not expeсt this at all. When the song started I thought "Okay, not bad, some more сasual, сatсhy, light Delain" and then... God, it was so good! They really blew me away, for me this is hands down their best song to date. It сould easily beсome one of my all-time favourites in general. The video was absolutely gorgeous too.

In the end, when they play bits of other videos and the сhorus of Suсkerpunсh starts right after Masters of Destiny ends... It sounds like a сompletely different band. Don't get me wrong, I really like Suсkerpunсh, but this is on a whole different level.

I'm so impressed and so hyped for the EP now.

4 hours ago, Serena said:

Same here! It was shot in Iceland! :D

If I’m not mistaken, the beach scenes are at the same beach where Tarja shot the I Feel Immortal. It seems really gorgeous there!

Also, Charlotte looks gorgeous. She kind of looks more mature? And I mean that in the most positive way. She has a huge presence in the video. 

After falling out of love with Delain over the last couple of years, today's release was a shock to me. I love it. Such a mature sound & Charlotte's really worked on her vocals.

I can't wait to hear what they do next.

42 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

Also, Charlotte looks gorgeous

I miss her red hair!

Accidentally came across this new song and it has basically left me speechless. It wasn't what I expected at all from Delain, I mean, I always liked the band and such but there was never this "WOW" factor involved as many of their songs seemed similar to each other and a kind of repeatable. But this one.... lyrics, video scenery, instruments and of course Charlotte's voice comes together so beautifully! Also, this track beats down "In Vain" by WT (as much as I adore them) in my judgment... it sounds much deeper, complex and unique.

clap, clap, clap - well done Delain! :clap:

Is there gonna be new  full non EP album from the band this year? Wonder why another Moon themed album : 0  A bit cliche...

Her vocals in this song gave me the impression of a heavier Eivør, which is a cool thing! (It might be because of the style of the video too, which is indeed very beautifully done by the way.) I was never a big fan of vocals like hers in metal, but the more I listen to the song as a whole, the more I enjoy it.

Took me a few spins to "get" this, but eventually I ended up liking it. Too many times Delain has played with rather predictable song structures and their songs can be rather repetitive. But now this song has more of those twists and turns which make a song more interesting. I hope the upcoming album has more of this style in it. 

There is a cool Master Of Destiny reaction video by Clémentine Delauney from Visions Of Atlantis :)

I saw that, didn't care much for it though. It's better than totally random people commenting on songs, but it's still strange to me that there's demand for these kind of videos.

On 8/29/2016 at 7:08 PM, Harvest said:

Another good quality clip by Dr light productions. Tragedy of the Commons with Alissa. I just wonder how many is still yet to come, they keep uploading this Montreal-gig every now and then....

I was going to post this video, but decided to go back a bit just in case, and it's actually already here :)

8 hours ago, NighttimeBird said:

I was going to post this video, but decided to go back a bit just in case, and it's actually already here :)

And here's April Rain and Stardust from that gig as well:

Couple of track by track teasers by Martijn and Charlotte:

1 hour ago, Harvest said:

Couple of track by track teasers by Martijn and Charlotte:

Cool! :D

8 hours ago, NighttimeBird said:

unboxing time

Cool!! :D

Next song-by-song clip. This time The Silence is Mine and it's a song by Timo Somers. And based on those snippets in that clip, it's going to be a very good song indeed. Something vey different.  

Hunter’s Moon (the song) is now out. It’s kind of a more straightforward Delain song... except from the metalcore screams? :P It’s also a bit heavier at parts. I wouldn’t mind heavier Delain I think. 

Just listened to the EP. It's definitely different. Heavier and faster. Hunter's Moon is the weakest song imo. This Silence is Mine is very different. Art Kills is basically more electronic and heavier than any song on WT's Resist. I wouldnot mind seeing more electronic elements used n the future, especially if the heavy guitars are there too. Great guitar work on both songs, especially This Silence. More heavy screams on Art Kills which I like. I like how different and fresh it sounds. I hope that's the direction they are taking for the album as well.