everdreamer1990

Delain

1,050 posts in this topic

Jan Rechberger better have his energy-drinks with him. Co-headlining, that must be around three hours or more/night and that schedule is also rather heavy. Kudos for him. 

That new song sounds promising btw. 

1 hour ago, Harvest said:

Jan Rechberger better have his energy-drinks with him. Co-headlining, that must be around three hours or more/night and that schedule is also rather heavy. Kudos for him. 

Respect for that guy!! :D

New single Burning Bridges is on streaming services!

First impression is it's very good. It definitely sounds like Delain but a bit more modern and evolved, kind of like Masters of Destiny. Much better mixing than Moonbathers too if you ask me. Will definitely be killer live.

Nice. Very nice!

I like the heaviness. Is Charlotte doing the growls this time? It seems so from the video, but Otto does them live.

I like the choir. I think they haven't used one since Lucidity? Really interested for the whole album now.

10 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

Is Charlotte doing the growls this time?

I'm pretty sure no, they sound like male growls to me.

As for the song, I love it! If this is what we can expect, I definitely look forward to that next album. Actually, the growls are the only not-great part of the song imo. Maybe it's because I listen to a lot of bands with growls as main vocals or at least more prominent, but they just sound weak to me here.

3 hours ago, Martin said:

Like it more than Masters Of Destiny! :D

That's the Delain I like!

3 hours ago, Imagineer said:

Nice. Very nice!

I like the heaviness. Is Charlotte doing the growls this time? It seems so from the video, but Otto does them live.

I like the choir. I think they haven't used one since Lucidity? Really interested for the whole album now.

There's a choir in Tragedy of the Commons but I'm not sure if they've used one since then.

13 hours ago, NighttimeBird said:

I'm pretty sure no, they sound like male growls to me.

As for the song, I love it! If this is what we can expect, I definitely look forward to that next album. Actually, the growls are the only not-great part of the song imo. Maybe it's because I listen to a lot of bands with growls as main vocals or at least more prominent, but they just sound weak to me here.

Charlotte does the growls in this song. Martijn replied to a comment on Youtube and said she did them.

1 hour ago, AquilaTempestas said:

Charlotte does the growls in this song. Martijn replied to a comment on Youtube and said she did them.

I stand corrected!

Great song and video! Loved the aesthetics of this one and Masters of Destiny. They're really standing their ground as one of their best bands of the genre. And these guys know how to do a good live show. One year today since I saw them live with Nightwish. Charlotte is enchanting.

On 9/28/2019 at 1:04 AM, AquilaTempestas said:

Yes for the video/studio song Charlotte does the growls. Live Otto does the growls for the song though.  As for the song I hear it live first and I liked it. But it felt different more like a demo because you really could not get a feel of everything. But now having the video and being able to download it on itunes, google play music and so on it makes it much better. 

I'm... Disappointed.

They blew me away with Masters of Destiny and I had such high expectations, then Burning Bridges was slightly underwhelming but still good. Now this one is just... Meh. Not my cup of tea. Maybe it'll grow on me after a few listens but right now I don't even feel like trying.

I kind like it. It has this metalcore vibe like Hunter's Moon. Is that really Timo? I didn't expect that much singing from him. It's nice though.

2 hours ago, Century Child said:

They blew me away with Masters of Destiny and I had such high expectations, then Burning Bridges was slightly underwhelming but still good. Now this one is just... Meh. Not my cup of tea. 

Actually Masters Of Destiny is the one I like less of the three!!

This one is nice!! :D

I absolutely love this song! Melodic, catchy and a bit heavy, the perfect Delain for me. Timo sounds really good too, with Charlotte's ethereal tones backing up him. If they keep this vibe for the upcoming album, then it might turn out into something very promising.

Actually, I am really feeling Symphonic Metal again this year and I noticed that Delain would be touring around Germany this month/next month. I wanted to buy tickets a few minutes ago but unfortunately, I just realized that the concert I wanted to attend is taking place right now #mess