everdreamer1990

Delain

1,041 posts in this topic

I like it, too. Very hardrock-style and I like that simple, yet effective guitarriff. And those vocals kind of remind me of Anette and Marco, with the exception that Charlotte sounds a bit more gritty. And I like that. I surely hope the majority of the stuff is in similar vein as well.

Yes, hardly can't wait. I got excited after listening and listening to the song! Control the storm part 2? For me, no. Much better in many ways.

"Stardust" was released with the new Rock Tribune magazine!

http://musikfurfreiheit.tumblr.com/post/78218585031

Pretty catchy! :)

Edit:

Here are some samples of all the songs. This album sounds fantastic, reminds me a lot of April Rain. The production is also much better than We Are the Others, and they sound very metal again - which I like in April Rain! 

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00IO9EL4U/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp?ie=UTF8&qid=1393533950&sr=8-6 

Here Come the Vultures, Charlotte sounds fantastic there and the guitarwork is great. All in all sounds a bit heavier record and that's of course nice.

They do sound heavier and i like that! 

Btw didn't they say they wrote some long songs? I imagined maybe a couple of 7-9 minutes songs but the longest one is only 6 minutes long. Anyway if the songs are good i dont care that much about their length but still 9 songs aren't that many.

The orchestra versions on the bonus disc sound great!

I'm just going to say it Alissa is part of the Euro metal 100% now. It makes me happy because she and her band also moved as far from the metalcore sound as they could get.

Pretty cool song! i really like Marco's part!

It reminds me both of April Rain and We Are The Others.

I like the direction they are going productionwise. The sound is rawer,heavier and they have dropped some of the overdubbing on vocals. And the symphonic elements are in the backround, leaving room for everything else. And this unconventional songstructure also works nicely. I was hoping for solos from Timo and that short solo is nice. I hope there is more. 

And vocals are fantastic, Charlotte is clearly becoming more versatile singer and her voice always works with Marco. 

Promising start.

I was so prepared to just drop my interest in this band and move on. With their last album, it seemed like they had evolved into a completely different band and I'd be fine with that, but the music just wasn't for me. Hearing the preview of the new album just won me back though! This sounds exactly like the album I would have liked for them to come up with after April Rain!

I think the lyrics to Your Body Is a Battleground are just fine. As far as I understand, they're about the beauty standards of society and the struggle to meet those unrealistic expectations.

Anyway, Delain is back! Wohoo!

I like it!

I think it's about how many people today don't feel so well, because of a more stressful and (mentally and socially) demanding world. More and more people get "sick", and more and more people are medicated for such reasons. It's the easy solution, "the world's really messed up in some ways, but hey, here have a pill that'll make you feel less". Younger people are prescribed drugs instead of therapy. And drug companies are making huge profits. This is kind of a difficult topic, because the drugs, when combine with therapy, does help people. It's just - a world that's messed up and people not fitting in and not coping.

This is kind of a difficult topic, because the drugs, when combine with therapy, does help people. It's just - a world that's messed up and people not fitting in and not coping.

It is a difficult topic, I see that some people with mental health problems view this song as being offensive towards them in Facebook. And IMO that's not the case, they are not attacking people who need help for their problems, they are attacking those who take advantage on someones problems and turn them into profits. Let's face it, its realism to say that there are people cruel enough to do that. 

DSM-5, an update in american classification for mental disorders and diagnozing them, has been heavily criticized by medical professionals, because for example the medical industrys influence on the content. Sadly, health issues of any kind are a big business and some people use them to gain big profits. 

I like We Are The Others to death, the same how I love April Rain..

The new album has that April Rain core sound. To be honest, some of the new songs didn't grab me.. or maybe I'm a bit nitpicky!?

I don't know but I will gave this album a go when it was released.

Here's the official preview sampler on YouTube, in case anyone missed it:

This album sounds so good! While it's too early to speak of how compressed it might be, I must say that I love the production! The drums sound so clear and the stereo image is very pleasant!

It sounds pretty compressed to me, sadly. The drums lack kick and definition and as usual for many records these days, the guitars/bass are way over compressed. I wouldn't be surprised if this was something like DR6. A.K.A that standard level these days.  But I'd guess it's a bit better than the ridiculously overcompressed  April Rain.  But I do agree that the production is done better. There seems to be less overdubbing (compared to AR) and I like that.

I bought vinyl again.

Edit.Found this one on YT:

April Rain-Paris

Rather good sounding clip from their Paris-show. Even if this is a YT clip I prefer this to the original one. Because the drums sound much punchier, bass is more audible and you can actually hear the cymbals. And now if you compare it to the Roadrunner-video version:

DR Database gives April Rain DR5. No wonder it sounds like that.