Cristermo

PLATINUM EUKARIOTE 2017

79 posts in this topic

Democracy is coming to the forum. Time to vote. Yes, 2017 is coming to an end but, as a plane at full speed, it leaves its smoky trace in the sky. Twelve months of brainy reflections, funny comments, spicy arguments, sheer rubbish or mere spam can’t vanish in thin air just like that, so don’t wriggle out of it, assume your responsibilities as a citizen of this forum and express yourself. By the way, Hunebedbouwer and I have worked on this very hard:P...Well, basically taking advantage of Eilenna's, Spirit's and Baki’s work from previous years (honouring the cheeky eukaryotic cells we are) but we have managed to make some changes. Don’t blame it on us, blame it on evolution.

Time to vote! Ah, and don't forget the deadline is 31st of January. 

1)Lost in cyberspace: That member or members you used to like but who seem to have taken a stroll in cyberspace and lost their way back. Have they been abducted by an alien? That member you really miss.

2) Mr/Ms Alien: The blondest poster. That member who defies your sanity, whose mental integrity escapes you and whose logic doesn’t seem to belong to this world.

3) Mr/Ms Mosquito: The most annoying member. That poster who stirs your guts and triggers your most basic instincts. Not necessarily negative, probably the forum would not be the same without his/her disturbing buzziness.

4) Mr Socrates: That poster whose arguments are always solid, perfectly shaped and logically consistent; they take everything seriously, even the most banal threads.

5) Mr/Ms Beam.-Just turning Rowan Atkinson, a simple bean, into a ray of light. Who is the funniest poster on the forum? That one who always comes up with the wittiest and funniest posts.

6)Mr Busybody. That big spammer who has lost her/his human appearance to become a virtual semiorganic structure framed in binary code and who infests every single thread of the forum. Please, darling, let us breathe.

7) Mr/Ms Knock-Out. Chucking Political Correctness down the hole.The most in your face poster.

8) Drama Queen. OMG!

9) Mr Greenhorn.-The best rookie. Welcome to the forum. You make us shine even more.

10) Mr/Ms Crush.-That poster who will defend a certain band member even if it has been proved that he/she is the reincarnation of Jack the Ripper.

11) Mr/Ms Derailed Train. That poster who has problems to keep concentration for too long. You know, the one who always goes off the topic.

12) Cat vs Dog. Their teeth always bared, their sharp blades ready for use. Those “I-say-white-because-you-say-black couples”. Their quarrels season the forum.

13) Mr/Ms Alkalyne Battery. When a thread is in agony this member shows up to add fuel and rekindle the fire.

14) Mr/Ms I-Me-Mine. We all know our opinions are the best; the most objective, the most logical and the best informed, but we usually hide it behind a wall of humility. However, there’s always someone who dares to express his/her “obviosly wrong” ideas as if they were irrefutable facts and better than ours. Who is that *****?

15) Mr/Ms Wet Dream. Well, most of us don’t know one another personally, but we have probably created an image of many of the members out of all these years of cyber relationship. Who is the one who really turns you on?

16) The best thread of the year: Here you have said: “this is my kingdom” and have probably spent on it the time you should have devoted to studying for the next exam, looking after your pets or helping grannies cross the street.

17) The worst thread of the year: The dark side of the force. Don’t deny it, sometimes you have thought “How on Earth can some people waste their time wallowing in this mud? What kind of wood was used to make the sawdust which fills their brains?

18) Best avatar: The most artistic, the most expressive or, simply, the most original.

19) Hit-the-Roof comment That opinion or point of view you don’t agree with but that you have read a million times on the forum, like a mantra that haunts you day and night, even in dreams. Grrr! It makes you hit the roof every time you run into it.

20) Lord/Lady Wishnight. The final category, the ultimate award: The Best Poster of the year. We all know we should be the chosen ones, but let’s take a chance on the rest of the forum members. We might find a hidden gem.

MEMORIES OF 2017:

A) What has been your best live music experience this year?

B) Best album released this year

C) Best film you have watched in 2017

D) Best book you have read in 2017

E) Best place you have discovered in 2017

RANDOM QUESTIONS

A) If you could have dinner with one NW member, who would be the chosen one and why?

B) If you could have dinner with one forum member, who would be the chosen one and why?

C) What did you discover on this forum that made you join and (what is more difficult) to stay in?

D) What particular moment in NW’s history you wish it hadn’t happened?

E) What moment in NW’s history is particularly endearing to you? 

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN!

1)Lost in cyberspace

I'd like to see a lot more of jefftheterrible around here.

2) Mr/Ms Alien

GreatEye.

3) Mr/Ms Mosquito

stefan2k4?
EDIT: stefan2k4!!!!!!11111

4) Mr Socrates

hunebedbouwer?
EDIT: hunebedbouwer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111

5) Mr/Ms Beam

Baki!

6)Mr Busybody

Why, myself.

7) Mr/Ms Knock-Out

JRA, lol.

8) Drama Queen.

stefan.

9) Mr Greenhorn.

Unstrung by a mile.

10) Mr/Ms Crush.

I suppose Tarjaholics don't count? :P

11) Mr/Ms Derailed Train.

Can I vote for myself? No? Then George, no offense :)

12) Cat vs Dog.

Ahasverus vs. Symphoniker. Just like an old married couple.

15) Mr/Ms Wet Dream.

Nienor. The old school Hansi avatar helps.

16) The best thread of the year

Slayer Dreamer and Unstrung's works.

17) The worst thread of the year

Anything with accusations of "sexism" in it.
EDIT: Also, anything discussing gossip or whatever singer X posts on social media. Anything involving Facespace or Instagroan.

18) Best avatar

Slayer Dreamer!

19) Hit-the-Roof comment

"The lyrics to EFMB are outrageous." They're really standard NWOBHM/thrash metal fare.

20) Lord/Lady Wishnight

Hell, hunebedbouwer?
EDIT: HELLLl!11111 hunebedbouwer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111

MEMORIES OF 2017:

Paddington.

I'm re-reading The Name of The Rose after 15 years.
It's as good as the first time.

Eh, a sausage joint in a neighboring town.

RANDOM QUESTIONS

A) If you could have dinner with one NW member, who would be the chosen one and why?

troy aka marcelo.
Do I have to explain?

B) If you could have dinner with one forum member, who would be the chosen one and why?

Aww. All of you guys.
But again, Nienor.

C) What did you discover on this forum that made you join and (what is more difficult) to stay in?

I like you guys.

Call me a dick, but: making it big.

Anything from the early days.

Thanks for the efforts Cristermo!

Now we have to promote this on every post we write till the 31st of January! I feel a migraine coming........

Quick note - I pinned and featured the topic and set it as a forum announcement. I'll keep it that way til voting ends.

1)Lost in cyberspace: @eugeniazanarini and many more

2) Mr/Ms Alien: ---

3) Mr/Ms Mosquito: @Symphoniker (sorry)

4) Mr Socrates: @hunebedbouwer and @Cristermo, though sometimes I don't agree with you

5) Mr/Ms Beam.- @Baki and @some_dude_on_the_interwebs. More of Marcelo/Jani/Troy's conspiracy! :D

6)Mr Busybody.  @some_dude_on_the_interwebs (but not in a bad way)

7) Mr/Ms Knock-Out. Many XD

8) Drama Queen. @Symphoniker

9) Mr Greenhorn.- @Unstrung, @DrunkRat

10) Mr/Ms Crush.- Most of the die-hard Nightwish fans, mostly the ones that always are like "Tarja can't let go NW, Anette was so unprofessional, Floor is the perfect fit, Tuomas is a genius, etc.". I won't say names, but still you're nice!

11) Mr/Ms Derailed Train. Mmmh I'll need some more time for this one

12) Cat vs Dog. @Symphoniker vs @Ahasverus

13) Mr/Ms Alkalyne Battery. @hunebedbouwer and maybe me in certain threads XD

14) Mr/Ms I-Me-Mine. This one is the hardest one to answer, so I won't name anybody here, I'll keep silent :P

15) Mr/Ms Wet Dream. ---

16) The best thread of the year: Many music threads and Your Top 5 of Everything

17) The worst thread of the year: Not sure here really

18) Best avatar: @Damian's cool owl or @Nienor with Hansi. Just to name a few.

19) Hit-the-Roof comment "Floor is the perfect fit" "Floor's GLS is awesome" "TGSOE is a masterpiece" "Anette is a bad singer" "Troy is a great addition" and maaany more :P

20) Lord/Lady Wishnight. Many. Although @Magnus or @hunebedbouwer were the first ones to come to my mind :)

MEMORIES OF 2017:

Tarja!!!!

B) Best album released this year.

The Dark Element's, of course

Many, but I'll say It because I already loved the original, and Beauty and the Beast because I think it's Disney's best live-action remake so far.

Many

Not sure here :P Discovered???

RANDOM QUESTIONS

Obviously Tarja or Anette (I bet you know me veery well and you know I love them ;)), but out of the current members, I'd say Emppu (he seems funny and we would have fun) or Kai (I think he's really nice and we'd have lots of things to talk about).

Not sure really. You're all nice!

I don't know. I had been following the forum since 2014 but never thought about joining it. I guess I thought about it as a self birthday present :P

I'll get a lot of hate so I'll remain in silence :P

From Wishes to Eternity and, generally, the entire pre-2002 era :)

I must confess that I haven't really spent that much time in here and hence I'm forced to skip couple of the following questions. I have been here well over a decade, but since I'm not very active member, I can't really nominate each and every candidate, because most of the members I remember, are long gone.

1)Lost in cyberspace:  Peetu

2) Mr/Ms Alien: -

3) Mr/Ms Mosquito: -

4) Mr Socrates: Magnus (?)

5) Mr/Ms Beam. -

6)Mr Busybody. -

7) Mr/Ms Knock-Out. -

8) Drama Queen. -

9) Mr Greenhorn. -

10) Mr/Ms Crush. -

11) Mr/Ms Derailed Train. -

12) Cat vs Dog. -

13) Mr/Ms Alkalyne Battery. -

14) Mr/Ms I-Me-Mine. -

15) Mr/Ms Wet Dream. -

16) The best thread of the year: -

17) The worst thread of the year: -

18) Best avatar: -

19) Hit-the-Roof comment -

20) Lord/Lady Wishnight. -

MEMORIES OF 2017:

A) What has been your best live music experience this year? Haven't been in any.

B) Best album released this year? Don't know. I don't listen any new music.

C) Best film you have watched in 2017? Beauty and the Beast.

D) Best book you have read in 2017?

E) Best place you have discovered in 2017? Punkaharju. I have been there loads of times, but those were during my early teens.

RANDOM QUESTIONS

A) If you could have dinner with one NW member, who would be the chosen one and why? Marco. He seems to be pretty cool guy.

B) If you could have dinner with one forum member, who would be the chosen one and why? -

C) What did you discover on this forum that made you join and (what is more difficult) to stay in? The band and everything related to it. Also the active forum was a nice bonus.

D) What particular moment in NW’s history you wish it hadn’t happened? -

E) What moment in NW’s history is particularly endearing to you? -

Since here in Spain we are enjoying some bank holidays I have found time to fill in the votes.

1)Lost in cyberspace: Bojan. I didn’t agree with him at all, but it was sort of fun talking to him.

2) Mr/Ms Alien: Great Eye. When he enters the forum, logic jumps through the window.

3) Mr/Ms Mosquito: Serious Sam. A big big big mosquito.

4) Mr Socrates: Magnus, Hunebedbouwer, Damian, Eilenna...

5) Mr/Ms Beam.- Baki

6)Mr Busybody. Hunebedbouwer, Some dude on the interwebs (In a funny way, you know I love you both)

7) Mr/Ms Knock-Out Symphoniker. A gentleman but with clear ideas.

8) Drama Queen. OMG! Stefan2k4 I had voted for Ahasverus, but, after reading more Stephan's posts,  I have changed my mind. No human being on this planet can beat Stefan on this category.

9) Mr Greenhorn.  Unstrung

10) Mr/Ms Crush.-Stefan2k4, the perfect Tarja widower.

11) Mr/Ms Derailed Train. JRA

12) Cat vs Dog. Ahasverus versus the universe (in a positive way, he spices our lives)

13) Mr/Ms Alkalyne Battery. White Lagoon, at least if the thread is related to Ms Olzon.

14) Mr/Ms I-Me-Mine. A harsh battle between Serious Sam and Some dude on the interwebs

15) Mr/Ms Wet Dream. Afrodite, of course. That nick is too suggestive. And I love cherries.

16) The best thread of the year: I haven’t been very active this year, so I don’t know what to answer, but I feel comfortable fighting against EFMB haters on any thread.

17) The worst thread of the year: The games section in general

18) Best avatar: Afrodite. I have said I love cherries

19) Hit-the-Roof comment Sorry, but some of you have made me hate expresions like “Recycled riffs”and “Floor is vocally underused”

20) Lord/Lady Wishnight. Slayed Dreamer, Hunebedbouwer, Damian, Imagineer, Eilenna, Symphoniker, Afrodite, Harvest and many more. This forum is full of geniuses.

MEMORIES OF 2017:

A) What has been your best live music experience this year? Aviador Dro in Madrid. So many memories!

B) Best album released this year  No idea, but I’ll be good and give Anette my vote: The Dark Element.

C) Best film you have watched in 2017    The Story of the Weeping Camel

D) Best book you have read in 2017  Dorothy Parker’s poems. She really knew how to create poetry.

E) Best place you have discovered in 2017   Poznan (Poland) The Old Town Square is really beautiful. I loved the mechanical billy goats emerging above the clock from the Town Hall.

RANDOM QUESTIONS

A) If you could have dinner with one NW member, who would be the chosen one and why? Marco. Always funny and, as far as I know, he’s not vegetarian, which makes it easier to choose the place for the dinner.

B) If you could have dinner with one forum member, who would be the chosen one and why?  I would like a global dinner with all the members of the forum and with Hunebedbower singing Leonard Cohen’s songs as soundtrack.

C) What did you discover on this forum that made you join and (what is more difficult) to stay in?  I discovered it was a forum about Nightwish, hehehe. And I have stayed in because it is still a NW forum. No other reason needed.

D) What particular moment in NW’s history you wish it hadn’t happened? The open letter. Too rude.

E) What moment in NW’s history is particularly endearing to you? It hasn’t happened yet. The day they release the next album. It’s future history but history anyway.

I'm not active here nearly enough to answer a third of the questions, let alone all of them.  Though I will say my award is missing.  "Class clown," or if you wish to redefine it not so kindly, "Village idiot."

20) Lord/Lady Wishnight: Some_dude_on_the_interwebs

A) If you could have dinner with one NW member, who would be the chosen one and why?  Emppu.  I want to ask him what we need to do to get his balls back.

B) If you could have dinner with one forum member, who would be the chosen one and why?  Some_dude_on_the_interwebs, because he gets me and stands up for me.

C) What did you discover on this forum that made you join and (what is more difficult) to stay in?  Not sure what this means.  What makes it difficult to stay?  No cursing.  

D) What particular moment in NW’s history you wish it hadn’t happened? Endless Forms Most Beautiful.  Or rather I wish it was rewritten.  Specifically with Counterparts era Kevin Shirley so he can tell Tuomas enough with the de-tuning and symphonies.

E) What moment in NW’s history is particularly endearing to you?  The Sami days.  No disrespect to Marco but the music went in the wrong direction when he popped in.

F) What moment in NW's history that never happened that you wish happened?  Nightwish being on Metallica's 2003 Summer Sanitarium tour for a proper American introduction.  And also preferably replacing one of the many awful, awful bands on it.

I think I'm still too new to contribute to the voting, but wow, I really appreciate your kindness in nominating me. :) 

5 minutes ago, Unstrung said:

I think I'm still too new to contribute to the voting, but wow, I really appreciate your kindness in nominating me. :) 

Nah, I joined last year and voted on it's edition anyway so I think you should feel free to do so :)

Okay. Will study the local ecosystem and come up with a late vote.

13 hours ago, JRA said:

I'm not active here nearly enough to answer a third of the questions, let alone all of them.  Though I will say my award is missing.  "Class clown," or if you wish to redefine it not so kindly, "Village idiot."

Would "class idiot" be an acceptable compromise?

@Cristermo: do you think that's doable?

13 hours ago, JRA said:

20) Lord/Lady Wishnight: Some_dude_on_the_interwebs

B) If you could have dinner with one forum member, who would be the chosen one and why?  Some_dude_on_the_interwebs, because he gets me and stands up for me.

Awwwww shucks <3 

13 hours ago, JRA said:

D) What particular moment in NW’s history you wish it hadn’t happened? Endless Forms Most Beautiful.  Or rather I wish it was rewritten.  Specifically with Counterparts era Kevin Shirley so he can tell Tuomas enough with the de-tuning and symphonies.

See, this is why I love you, man: dropping a Rush album like that.
(Alas, Counterparts was produced by Peter Collins, and Kevin Shirley is the Midas of poop, but this is fuel for another thread :P )

@some_dude_on_the_interwebs

Hey Mr.Busybody. What's up with the question marks at those nominations of Socrates and Lord Wishnight for me. Are you WITH me or are you NOT with me in this battle against ignorance and delusion!!!!

I do only understand exclamation marks as a sign of appreciation. It's up to exclame or delete me........:D

3 hours ago, some_dude_on_the_interwebs said:

No, it isn't, and, anyway, what makes you think he would win on that category? He wouldn't be the only candidate :P But now you understand why I gave him my vote as Mr Derailed Train; he doesn't even stick to the rules on this thread :giggle: But that's OK, the biggest geniuses never followed beaten tracks.

4 hours ago, some_dude_on_the_interwebs said:

See, this is why I love you, man: dropping a Rush album like that.
(Alas, Counterparts was produced by Peter Collins, and Kevin Shirley is the Midas of poop, but this is fuel for another thread :P )

Class idiot doesn't have the same frivolous ring as village idiot.  It makes me sound like I'm the special needs kid.  (and for those of you who are going to say "but you ARE the special needs kid trolololol."  That's not very nice. :()

Oh damn, you are correct.  BUT Shirley was an engineer for the album and he did tell Geddy and Neil to knock off the synths and keyboards.  My points still stands.

Holy crap, Cristermo is right about me derailing threads.  :assassin:

On 9/12/2017 at 0:38 PM, hunebedbouwer said:

@some_dude_on_the_interwebs

Hey Mr.Busybody. What's up with the question marks at those nominations of Socrates and Lord Wishnight for me. Are you WITH me or are you NOT with me in this battle against ignorance and delusion!!!!

I do only understand exclamation marks as a sign of appreciation. It's up to exclame or delete me........:D

That is a Hunebedbouwercentric question. Look at it from the point of view of the question mark.  Maybe the vote is for her (are question marks girls?) not for you and the question mark thinks: What is this guy's nick doing by my side? :diablo:

Democracy time? You forgot FREEDOM!

Now, here's my vote... Not for the Parliament of Fools, already did that at the elections here in BG in 2016.

1)Lost in cyberspace: -

2) Mr/Ms Alien: Whenever the words "racist"and "sexist" appear on regular basis, connected with the most illogical examples I'm lost but that's probably due  cultural differences

3) Mr/Ms Mosquito: Stefan24k

4) Mr Socrates: hunebedbower and, yes - some_dude. I'd put here also WinterHeart-273, for every his post regarding Nightwish/Tarja/Anette is just: facts, facts, facts.

5) Mr/Ms Beam.- A toss between Baki and some_dude_in_the_interwebs.

6)Mr Busybody. hunebedbower and some_dude

7) Mr/Ms Knock-Out. JRA

8) Drama Queen. Ahaversus

9) Mr Greenhorn.-Unstrung.

10) Mr/Ms Crush.- Stefan24 k.

11) Mr/Ms Derailed Train. -

12) Cat vs Dog. Symphoniker vs Ahasversus - the battle is epic everytime

13) Mr/Ms Alkalyne Battery. -.

14) Mr/Ms I-Me-Mine. -?

15) Mr/Ms Wet Dream. some_dude and hunebedbower.

16) The best thread of the year: Songs you are currently addicted to. This is where I spent most of the time

17) The worst thread of the year: -

18) Best avatar: Mine :D

19) Hit-the-Roof comment

20) Lord/Lady Wishnight. - anyone, that's not Stefan24k.

MEMORIES OF 2017:

Dubioza Kolektiv concert

B) Best album released this year

The Source

Blade Runner 2049 or Trainspotting 2

Hard to be a God, Boris and Arkady Strugatsky

Ostia Antica, Rome  and Ivanovo rock churches, Ruse

RANDOM QUESTIONS

Easy, Floor... Because she's Floor, my ultimate singer crush besides Hansi.

some_dude, bring some wine

Them finding orchestrations and forgetting how to play

@Nienor

Don't be so thread-(ec)centric! I would like your contributions on other threads as well:music:

3 minutes ago, hunebedbouwer said:

@Nienor

Don't be so thread-(ec)centric! I would like your contributions on other threads as well:music:

It often comes that what I'm wanting to say you or some_dude have already told/post so it becomes pointless... But, hey, great minds think the same ;)

@Nienor

Okay, I got the message......I'll be much quieter next year.......not sure about some-dude though?????

Don't you dare to stop, hunebedbower!

Thus you both spare me time for using dictionary/translation program, whenever I want to say something, but lack the language.

It is easier to put a quote with " +1", than writing down one.

Ooops, I've revealed my secret 

Is it that time of the year again? It is amazing how fast another year passed by and now I have to think about my votes.

1)Lost in cyberspace: I can't name any person in particular because there are a couple of people who have disappeared over the years and I wonder what they are doing now.

2) Mr/Ms Alien: Serious Sam

3) Mr/Ms Mosquito: GreatEye

4) Mr Socrates: WinterHeart-273

5) Mr/Ms Beam: Baki, who else can it be?

6)Mr Busybody: hunebedbouwer

7) Mr/Ms Knock-Out:

8) Drama Queen: Ahasverus

9) Mr Greenhorn: 

10) Mr/Ms Crush: Stefan2k4

11) Mr/Ms Derailed Train:

12) Cat vs Dog: 

13) Mr/Ms Alkalyne Battery:

14) Mr/Ms I-Me-Mine:

15) Mr/Ms Wet Dream:

16) The best thread of the year: Poepmonster's Pub because it is such a random place with interesting topics to talk about.

17) The worst thread of the year: The Tarja Turunen thread.

18) Best avatar: I'm a bit selfish here and say that my own is my favourite.

19) Hit-the-Roof comment: Those crazy theories that Troy is Marcelo. Or at least it was something in that direction.

20) Lord/Lady Wishnight: Baki, Eilenna, Somebody's Lass

MEMORIES OF 2017:

A) What has been your best live music experience this year? I went to three concerts this year and each of these was fantastic. I saw Delain twice and Epica once.

B) Best album released this year: This one is difficult. There was a lot of good music this year. It is a tie between The Dark Element and Cellar Darling's This Is The Sound.

C) Best film you have watched in 2017: None. I'm not a big fan of going to the cinema.

D) Best book you have read in 2017: There were a few. Can't decide.

E) Best place you have discovered in 2017: Place that I discovered... I wasn't really travelling this year, so, there is nothing to mention.

RANDOM QUESTIONS

A) If you could have dinner with one NW member, who would be the chosen one and why? Tuomas. My inner fifteen year old me would probably explode but I think it would interesting to have a dinner with him.

B) If you could have dinner with one forum member, who would be the chosen one and why? Baki because he is one of the funniest posters around here I wonder how that dinner would be like.

C) What did you discover on this forum that made you join and (what is more difficult) to stay in? The fact that it is such a large community with a lot of interesting people and next year it will be ten years that I'm around.

D) What particular moment in NW’s history you wish it hadn’t happened? That is a good question... I have no idea. Although I wish they wouldn't be that big here in Europe. Small concerts are more fun.

E) What moment in NW’s history is particularly endearing to you? No idea how to answer that question either. Maybe the best is yet to come.

11 hours ago, Nienor said:

Democracy time? You forgot FREEDOM!

Make the forum great again!

[...]

some_dude, bring some wine

Awwwww.

Wine, you say? You've got that.

10 hours ago, Nienor said:

It is easier to put a quote with " +1", than writing down one.

Is it?

Let me try...

Them finding orchestrations and forgetting how to play

+1!

...I can confirm, it's easier. But really, feel free to relieve us of the toil of spamming the forum :)