hunebedbouwer

THE NW-FORUM'S FAVOURITE TOP-100 SONGS OF ALL TIME

246 posts in this topic

OKAY, let's get cracking!

These are the RULES for this thread. I've thought about them long and hard to get the best out of your musical brains and cunning (yes, there's also a bit of that) tactics. Ofcourse, if the rules tend to be not so right, let me know and I will consider changing them.

Okay, a bit of a change here. From the First of March 2018, every member has 15 POSSIBILITIES to make changes till the 6th of January 2019, when the top-100 on that date will be archived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are TWO changes possible:

1) You post a new song + video + a number, which will replace the song that's there directly.

2) OR you make a switch inside the TOP-100. So you think no.55 does deserve a higher ranking and no. 20 isn't worth that place, so you SWITCH them. It would be nice to hear a reason for that as well and not like: 'I don't like this guy hunebedbouwer and I'm gonna kick his song off that place'. Understandable, but this is not the place for that!     

RULES:

A)  You cannot, repeat: CAN NOT, place the SAME song more than ONCE on NO.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is: BY the same member. If another member wants to do that, it's fine, but only ONCE also. You can ofcourse post the same song again and again and again and again, but you must be a real fan of Status Quo's same titled song.

B)  You don't have to post the SWITCHES with video's. That's fully up to you.

C)  I will update the TOP-100 as much and quick as I can, but I got a real life too!

D)  Disputes will be brought to the attention of THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE IN THE HAGUE, which will be represented by me.  

P.S. This thread was LOCKED on the 5th of January 2019. You can find the  results of the 2 editions on the 'CAVE where your favourite songs are laid to rest and you can visit them. No flowers'-thread.

So we can choose the song number as well? (For example, if I want X song to be at place, let's say, 16th). I didn't quite get that.

I suggest...

Tarja Turunen - Damned and Divine

I'd rather have the original Song of Myself instead of the SS version though :D

Yep, you have to choose an empty number until all 100 places are filled in. After that, RULE  2 and 3 kick in.

So, in your case you want Tarja Turunen with 'Damned and divine' at....?

I won't tolerate any criticism on my choice of 'Song of myself' though!!! Understood?:P 

Excelent idea to begin with. I'll start with Nightwish's  "Ghost Love Score" from Buenos Aires in NO.3 spot. It's an official recording so hopefully it counts.

6 minutes ago, hunebedbouwer said:

So, in your case you want Tarja Turunen with 'Damned and divine' at....?

Overall I really like this idea... I'll think a bit more and come up with more songs.

Lovely idea :)  I think 100 songs per week might a bit much. 50 songs seem more apropriate, but you decide.

I would like to introduce Anathema to the list. At 20, please. The song is called Close Your Eyes, and has lovely jazzy feel.

@The Name Of The Wind

It's not per week! Only the thought of doing a top-100 every week gives me a headache!:swoon:

I only will CHANGE the posted songs from that week into the TOP-100. This happens only AFTER all 100 places are filled in. I don't want to do that every day! Hope this explains your Danish worries:D

@Twister

Okay, you are the last one for tonight. I'm turning in as I need my beauty sleep. Already thanks for the enthousiasm of the members above who participated.

I added a new one also.

Neil Young's ' Eldorado'

Goodnight!

I'll leave one more so that you update the list tomorrow :D And anyway I'm also about to go to bed.

The Dark Element - I Cannot Raise the Dead :P (I bet you expected me to name Anette at some point!)

I'd love it to be 1st in this list but I'll say 9th  :P

Haggard - Eppur si muove, at no. 1 :D

Can  I multiple post? :D I had like 10 songs come into my mind in the first 10 seconds...

38 minutes ago, angel_heart said:

Can  I multiple post? :D I had like 10 songs come into my mind in the first 10 seconds...

Guess that would be a nice idea. Otherwise this will be long thread before we even have those 100 songs. Maybe something like 3 or 4 songs in a post or something like that. 

@hunebedbouwer, knock, knock, wake up?:giggle:

And some Swedish progressive death metal. Nr. 66. 

Opeth - Bleak. 

You thought I would not came and suggest a Blind Guardian song? You have been misled

Blind Guardian - And Then There Was Silence - no. 2

Initially I was going to put it on No 1, but what the hell Eppur Si Muove is spectacular piece too ;). Or could I put this one at No.1 and Eppur Si Muove on No. 1' ?

Good morning to ya all on this last day of the year 2017 AD.

@WhiteLagoon

YOU´RE NOT TAKING THIS THREAD SERIOUSLY, MY FRIEND! :P

@angel_heart

Only 10? I could have filled all 100! i wondered who would take the no.1 spot. I think a lot of people did avoid that. My money was on Some Dude:music:

@Harvest

Suggestion of multiple songs dismissed. The purpose of this thread is to attract as many members as possible with as many different kind of songs as possible. The purpose of this thread is also to be a long lasting, interactive one. Why the hurry? After all places are filled in, you can do battle!:giggle: I know you my friend: it´s very likely that you made up a list of at least 40 songs during the night, while I was having nightmares of members doing so.

@Nienor

Not sure what you mean with all these no.1´s, but you can only change songs, AFTER all places are filled!

I didn´t  set a good example with my initial 10, not to post video´s. So, I will  make up that mistake and post all 10 of them now. Fully convinced they will forever be in this list!

no.7  

no.12

no.25

no.31

no.44

no.57

no.62

no. 71

no.84

no.95

AND I´ll raise you all with this one:

The Mark and Clark Band with ´Worn down piano´ on no.80

7 minutes ago, hunebedbouwer said:

@Harvest

Suggestion of multiple songs dismissed. The purpose of this thread is to attract as many members as possible with as many different kind of songs as possible. The purpose of this thread is also to be a long lasting, interactive one. Why the hurry= After all places are filled in you can do battle!:giggle: I know you my friend: it´s very likely that you made up a list of at least 40 songs during the night, while I was having nightmares of members doing so.

Nooo, I would never do anything like that:diablo:.

@hunebedbouwer

Both deserve the first place and since there's only one No 1, just defining another number between No 1 and No 2 . ;) Maths: between two rational numbers you can have infinite number of irrational ones

Math jokes, don't mind me

be-rational-get-real-ocopyright-2007-gjcoulkins-www-mighty-wombat-com-3342834.png

@Nienor

So, what you're basically saying is, that I should both put them on no.1,5? (1 + 2 : 2)

And who says that they will stay at no.1 and no.2, when members can change the places?:D

For all I know, Justin Bieber might take the no.1 spot for a while!!!! :oI would resign though!   

Ok, since it's new year's eve and the next year is going to better than the previous one and since I'm feeling particularly pacifistic:

At nr.40

"They say we must fight to keep our freedom, but Lord knows there's got to be better way"

Edwin Starr - War

No. Let's say No 1 is absolute 1. I'm defying No. 1' to equal 1.00000001, which mathematically is different number than 1, yet is so close to it, that it doesn't matter on practice in most cases ; )