hunebedbouwer

THE NW-FORUM'S FAVOURITE TOP-100 SONGS OF ALL TIME

246 posts in this topic

@JRA

You made the wrong Iron Maiden's choice! 'The trooper' is much better!:P

Angelheart and Nienor will be pleased with you.....removing Haggard! Expect some frost from the east!:D

@Harvest

Now, now, now....Harvest. Getting rid off Jimmy is like getting a puck in your face!!!!! Bad, bad behaviour....just because you don't like Dylan.

It's like a full on bone breaking/teeth crashing bodycheck on someone, because his uncle sells crap coffee! 

OUT: no. 5 -  Iron Maiden - 'Powerslave'

IN: no.5  - The Waterboys - The return of Jimi Hendrix 

:D

31 minutes ago, hunebedbouwer said:

You made the wrong Iron Maiden's choice! 'The trooper' is much better!:P

And Strange World is the best:giggle:

31 minutes ago, hunebedbouwer said:

Now, now, now....Harvest. Getting rid off Jimmy is like getting a puck in your face!!!!! Bad, bad behaviour....just because you don't like Dylan.

It's like a full on bone breaking/teeth crashing bodycheck on someone, because his uncle sells crap coffee! 

Jimmy should have thought about this, before he started covering Dylan. And I think this is Dylan's best song, btw:music:

CHEEESSEEEEEE!!!

And did I mention Strange World is Maiden's best song, therefore:

NO.16   BONNIE TYLER - Total eclipse of the heart out

and Strange World in

Strange World is a great song.  It's not Powerslave great but it's still awesome.

Anyways:

Remove No 20. Anathema- Close Your Eyes and replace with

Helloween- Halloween

Note to Tuomas and all female symphonic bands....THIS is how you do a 10+ metal epic

Let's stay in 80's heavy metal.

NO.19   BERGTATT - Daudens klør  out

Queensrÿche - Queen Of the Reich in

I'm a bit surprised to see that we're still at the beginning of March and some people have already used up about half of their possibilities to make changes. However, it's time to go for Nightwish's "Crownless" at no. 3 which I replace by

Kari Bremnes - "Skrik"

This time it's the studio version which sounds a bit different from the live version I posted earlier in this thread, but which I like about as much, not only, but also because of the great guitar-work.

No 34.
out: Kingston Wall - Time
in: FISH - Credo.
Warning: if you are annoyed by the lyrics about religion in EFMB, you might not like this. Or yes?

An oily shroud on a coral reef
A black cloud's hanging over me
When I hit on the remote
The programmes stay the same

[...]

Credo, credo, credo, credo
It don't mean nothin'; it don't mean nothin'
It don't mean nothin'; it don't mean nothin' to me

[...]

The more you scream, the less you hear
Or that's how it used to be
But I just can't tell the difference
Anymore these days
The open lips of an altar boy
A planet spins in a silent void
The options are ever fewer
On the ground these days

I was seriously torn between this one and its 21st century, infinitely more melancholic descendant:

The stars are fading, ashes to ashes and dust to dust
The bread we have broken, the wine we drank from tarnished cups
And I stopped believing in miracles a long long time ago
I lost my faith and I sacrificed my soul
I worshipped fallen idols, chased false prophets to an end
To where I just can’t see the beautiful anymore

The ice retreating, mountains exposed in the sun
The earth is baking, raindrops precede the floods
And hurricanes with children’s names write our history
Signatures tracked by satellites on high
We should have talked about the weather a bit more seriously  <------ lyrical brilliance right here.
More than stocks and shares and corporate wars

OUT: Kari Bremnes with 'Skrik' at no.3

IN: The majestic and fantastic Devin Townsend Project (with leading lady Anneke) and this overpowering and heartcrunching song 'Grace'. Tears will fall when listening to this giant piece of music!

Don´t know why all participants stopped posting. Have they all run out of songs? Have all of them turned into summer hibernation, desperately clinging to their airco? Are they fed up with this thread? Have they all together left the forum, because they became mummy or daddy?

Well, not me!

So, I replace no.71, Nick Cave - ´The weeping song´, which I posted myself. With..............bobobobobommbombombombombombombom (drumroffle) Edwyn Colins his ´A girl like you´. This song has something special for me. The rhythm, the intense singing, his special voice and the drums.......I absolutely love it and play it at least once a week. It always cheers me up to a better mood with swinging hips (yeah yeah...I hear you all laughing )and screaming along it!

I replace Inner Circle's "Mary, Mary" at no. 57 with  Två Fisk Och En Fläsk - "Gift med näcken", one of my favourite songs from their second album "Jungfruburen":

I would like to replace whatever song has filled no 75 with Eddie Vedder- Hard Sun. It's a fantastic song from a fantastic soundtrack. Soundtracks usually don't work for me with the film, but this one does. It has a nice singer/songwriter feeling to it and fits the film like a glove. The only downside: It's way too short! Only 33 minutes of music isn't enough if it has a quality like this.

@Burkhard

Such a blasphemous choice of song removing..........'you don't like reggae.......Oh no.....I love it!!! Don't like Jamaica? Oh no, I love it!!:dwarf:

And you only posted that new song, because it's horrible to write down!!!:P

8 hours ago, hunebedbouwer said:

@Burkhard

Such a blasphemous choice of song removing..........'you don't like reggae.......Oh no.....I love it!!! Don't like Jamaica? Oh no, I love it!!:dwarf:

And you only posted that new song, because it's horrible to write down!!!:P

And you only complained about it being "horrible to write down", because you are too lazy to use copy and paste. Maybe next time I should look for something written in Arabian or Chinese. Actually, I do like some Arabian and Persian music.

"Blasphemous choice of song removing"? Why, are you the god of music?

Still under the impression of yesterday's fantastic concert by The Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices feat. Lisa Gerrard, I replace The Waterboys' "The Return of Jimi Hendrix" at no. 5 with "Mani Yanni" by The Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices feat. Lisa Gerrard:

NO.57    

Rival Sons - Keep On Swinging (Last.fm and Gibson Sessions) - While Greta Van Fleet gets all the hype then actually it is Rival Sons who are the true heroes of modern classic rock. 

@Burkhard

Never post anything (within a week) under the influence of a great concert is my experience. The intoxication is simply too big!:P

@Sten

Welcome aboard on the forum and on this thread.

'Mary, Mary' by Inner Circle returns with a mighty bang at no.73 and I challenge everyone with a prejudice against power reggae! Like a certain German with a positive prejudice of Norwegian female singers!  :P

On 10/18/2018 at 9:50 PM, hunebedbouwer said:

'Mary, Mary' by Inner Circle returns with a mighty bang at no.73 and I challenge everyone with a prejudice against power reggae! Like a certain German with a positive prejudice of Norwegian female singers!  :P

Who might consider replacing it by either of the following two reggae songs:

Due to lttle action on this thread,I've requested the mods to LOCK this thread. Thanks for all participation. I've laughed a lot and got to know a lot of new exiting music! It was a lot of fun doing it!

You can find the 2 editions on the 'CAVE where your favourite songs are laid to rest and you can visit them, No flowers'-thread.

Mod Edit (dragonprincess): Locked this thread because hunebedbouwer requested to have his thread locked.

Edited by dragonprincess