AquilaTempestas

Northward

141 posts in this topic

@Eilenna

Ola, ola Eilenna, this is Marcelo here. I'm soooo.... bored with that AURI-project......can I please play with comments in this thread, senorita? Aaaaannnddd take my flute playing little amigo El Troyo with me to spice things up?:P

So, it is Northward (Band) in stead of Northwards?

3 hours ago, hunebedbouwer said:

@Eilenna

Ola, ola Eilenna, this is Marcelo here. I'm soooo.... bored with that AURI-project......can I please play with comments in this thread, senorita? Aaaaannnddd take my flute playing little amigo Troyo with me to spice things up?:P

Thanks.
Sorry @Eilenna. I'm really sorry. It's @hunebedbouwer's fault.

Northward video in the making

I'm not expecting anything mindblowing, but I'm excited to see her again on a music video :)

Can't wait for this! It's been a month since their last update.

Well, I guess both are seriously busy with their own full-time project which is pretty understandable. 

Oooohhh I'm so anxious to hear this one!

The first single While Love Died is now out (at least here where it’s Friday already :P). 

Pretty straightforward modern rock. Definitely has a Halestorm vibe as Floor said. It definitely sounds different than any of Floor’s bands. I need a few more spins. I can’t really make out the lyrics though. 

41 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

The first single While Love Died is now out (at least here where it’s Friday already :P).

Out where?

Apple Music. I’m guessing it’s also on Spotify. The video will be released tomorrow afternoon. 

For those not having apple music or spotify there is a 30 sec. teaser here (via webplayer):

http://omusic.friday.tw/albumpage.php?album_id=1515384

Pat Benatar came to my mind while listening ...

Sounds good, the chorus reminds me a bit of The Pretender (Foo Fighters). It really sounds like music that is best enjoyed live, so I really hope they rethink their decision of making this a studio-only project.

31 minutes ago, OneOfTheLostOnes said:

Sounds good, the chorus reminds me a bit of The Pretender (Foo Fighters). It really sounds like music that is best enjoyed live, so I really hope they rethink their decision of making this a studio-only project.

Yeah I felt the same while listening the chorus :P Anyway I very like the guitar solo at the end of this track :)

Really weird hearing her sing like this, but it's cool :) I like it! Straight up rock'n'roll!

It's funny how they specifically mention a "stripped down sound", without "heavy layers of keyboard, choirs etc." Those things are basically what I live for. Strip off everything but the layers and choirs and I'm still happy. But I can definitely enjoy this, all thanks to Floor, of course. Great energy! I was kinda worried I would hear this one first single and lose all interest in Northward (let's drop that s in the thread title?) but fortunately that's not the case!

Self titled album. Here's the tracklist:
01. While Love Died
02. Get What You Give
03. Storm In A Glass
04. Drifting Islands (feat. Irene Jansen)
05. Paragon
06. Let Me Out
07. Big Boy
08. Timebomb
09. Bridle Passion
10. I Need
11. Northward

The aesthetic of the album cover is really cool! The "screaming at each other" motif... not too original, but whatever.

I like it, but it also sounds less special than most of Floor's other music. More generic, closer to stuff you'd hear on the radio. That doesn't make it bad (it sounds really good, actually), but I won't care as much for this project as for After Forever, ReVamp or Nightwish.

By the way, there's an error in the title of this thread

I agree with NighttimeBird. It sounds great, but not as special as other projects. Anyway, this is a single so it makes sense that it would be more radio-friendly. I still look forward to the rest of the album!

Better than just about everything on EFMB.