AquilaTempestas

Northward

141 posts in this topic

I think it's very good that it is different to her other stuff! What do people want then? Another take on After Forever, NW or Revamp? No point in doing other projects then.

I so like seeing Floor without that nose ring.......her face looks much nicer!

20 minutes ago, JRA said:

Better than just about everything on EFMB.  

I'm sorry that EFMB does not conform to your tastes, but this is a rather closed-minded statement. EFMB is widely seen as a great album and means a lot to many fans of the genre.

I like it, it's a nice track, but I'm not sold yet. Maybe it needs a few more spins. On a side note, Floor looks radiant! 

31 minutes ago, hunebedbouwer said:

I think it's very good that it is different to her other stuff! What do people want then? Another take on After Forever, NW or Revamp? No point in doing other projects then. 

I'd like more focus on her voice. For example, I really liked her singing in Revamp - Under my skin. Something that can catch all those little variations that she can make with her voice.

1 hour ago, hunebedbouwer said:

I so like seeing Floor without that nose ring.......her face looks much nicer!

Agree.  I've always said so. What's the point of doing a side project if it's gonna sound like your main band? I've always hated when they do that (I'm looking at you, Dream Theater members) (And before you reply with "Scrooge", it's not NIghtwish, it's not metal, it's an orchestral/folk project.).

And I did like the track! It sounds like Foo Fighters but with Floor, which is a really good thing! 

Sounds really cool.

And people, they have stated several times it's gonna be hard rock project a la Foo Fighters and Skunk Anansie.

Why then you are surprised it's hard rock?

I absolutely love it!! I love this kind of rock 'n roll along with the genres of metal I love, and I think Floor sounds amazing. I have a feeling this album is going to become a favorite of the year for me.

Now I'm going to hope they go on tour, haha. Although I know the chances of that are very slim. If anything, I hope this isn't the last album they work on together.

16 hours ago, Nienor said:

Sounds really cool.

And people, they have stated several times it's gonna be hard rock project a la Foo Fighters and Skunk Anansie.

Why then you are surprised it's hard rock?

I guess I'd just prefer it if her style of hard rock wasn't "Foo Fighters."  There's enough of that flying around as it is.

17 hours ago, NighttimeBird said:

I'm sorry that EFMB does not conform to your tastes, but this is a rather closed-minded statement. EFMB is widely seen as a great album and means a lot to many fans of the genre.

It's not a good album.  Period.

Unnecessary phrase. Keep it Friendly JRA. - Sahara

8 minutes ago, JRA said:

I guess I'd just prefer it if her style of hard rock wasn't "Foo Fighters."  There's enough of that flying around as it is.

But none with Floor and that makes it special.

9 minutes ago, Symphoniker said:

^^And that is a valid commentary. Instead of saying "it's crap, it's trash, whatever".

People should learn from @Serena

Thanks You know... it's a bit hard when your taste differs from the majority! :)

5 hours ago, L_Alpenglow said:

Sounds to me like they steal parts from Foo Fighter's "The Pretender", personally I prefer the original....

1 hour ago, Symphoniker said:

But none with Floor and that makes it special.

No arguments from me there.

If anyone finds the lyrics please post them here. The video helped a bit but rherw ar some parts than I really can’t make out. 

I find it very good and interesting in its own genre. Influences from the two bands/artists mentioned above, yes, but not IMHO bad thing.

And her singing is suberb, as always.

Only one thing that bothers me a bit is the mixing. Especially the guitar – High-mid range is way too prominant. Almost irritating to (MY) ears. Bit deeper sound would have been perfect.

Overall, good first release. Waiting to hear more.

Sounds like Paramore hahaha.

Floor always delivers her A game which makes the material sound weaker in comparison.

But if she's having fun then more power to her.

BTW she looks gorgeous in white. Should wear it more often.

Oh god I didn’t even think to look there. Yeah, I’m dumb. Thanks!

How lit is the video though. Probably the best one Floor’s ever been in!

And someone needs to make a gif out of Floor’s goodbye :P

It's cool to hear Floor sing like this, but the music itself? Meh. Not for me.

8 hours ago, JRA said:

GTFO with that "your tastes" nonsense.  It's not a good album.  Period.

I'm not the biggest fan of EFMB, but there *is* something called tastes, and ''gt*o'' is not a very polite thing to say in everyone's book :negative:

I still don't like it very much. It's not baaad by any means, it's just... there :dunno: Floor sounds awesome as always, but I don't know... I guess it's a good thing that I don't dislike it, I just don't like it :P

I am still exited for the album though :yes: