eugeniazanarini

She's Lost Control (Joy Division cover)

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Months ago, my classmate had to do a stereo recording assignment, and he asked me to help him out. Along with another 2 classmates, we recorded a cover version of She's Lost Control by Joy Division, featuring me on vocals and one guy on the drums, one guy on guitar. 

I am by no means a singer, and I was actually supposed to play the guitar on the recording, but I stepped up last minute to sing! Let me know what you think of the cover =) 

Here is the link to it : 

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/CrCM/8KKajh6w8 

14 minutes ago, eugeniazanarini said:

Hi everyone! Months ago, my classmate had to do a stereo recording assignment, and he asked me to help him out. Along with another 2 classmates, we recorded a cover version of She's Lost Control by Joy Division, featuring me on vocals and one guy on the drums, one guy on guitar. 

I am by no means a singer, and I was actually supposed to play the guitar on the recording, but I stepped up last minute to sing! Let me know what you think of the cover =) 

Here is the link to it : 

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/CrCM/8KKajh6w8 

Solid effort, A-.
I would have had everything a wee bit less dry and a smaller hi-hat?
I hate Joy Division with a burning passion, but this makes it almost tolerable.

And worry not, vocally you can't do worse than the original anyway.

Any chance I could have the tracks to play around?

2 minutes ago, some_dude_on_the_interwebs said:

Solid effort, A-.
I would have had everything a wee bit less dry and a smaller hi-hat?
I hate Joy Division with a burning passion, but this makes it almost tolerable.

And worry not, vocally you can't do worse than the original anyway.

Any chance I could have the tracks to play around?

Thank you! 

I wasn't the person behind the mastering so I didn't get a say for it, but what I can tell is that this was a live take, we were all playing at the same time and it was recorded with just two microphones so that's why the hi hats aren't as polished in the mix as they should be in all. The dry part - yeah I would have loved to add some reverb unto the track, but the assignment brief strictly dictated we could only using EQ and Compression for the mixing/mastering process. 

Haha thanks! I mean, really, singing Joy Division it's like... you sing pretty much in a monotone way, staying on the same 2-3 notes. 

Hm I think my classmate got rid of the 2 tracks right after bouncing them into a unique wav file.... so =/

Thanks btw for the comment)

Thanks for posting it Eugenia! You know I think it's really good. You'll have to think about singing...you delivered it well and have good tone. Just my opinion!

7 hours ago, geoman286 said:

Thanks for posting it Eugenia! You know I think it's really good. You'll have to think about singing...you delivered it well and have good tone. Just my opinion!

Thanks for suggesting to me to post it! Thank you very much! ^_^ 

7 hours ago, eugeniazanarini said:

Thanks for suggesting to me to post it! Thank you very much! ^_^ 

You're welcome! I think it's very good for what it is...like you said...it's a live recording. It's great when you think about it. I mean...think about Delain...they don't sound very good live IMO. You sound better than Delain...and they're gigging a lot. This is just you and two other students doing a homework assignment...it's nice work!