Marius

Decades World Tour 2018

2,235 posts in this topic

You said MEH for Pharaoh? You got to be crazy dudes. 

My biggest complaints for this tour so far:

1. Tuomas low volume keyboards. I don't know its Tuomas or Tero TeeCee, but his keyboards aren't audible. We have bland parts in most songs because of that. (See the solo and haprichord part in Carpenter, Devil keyboard solo, etc etc. It's some sort of tradition, every other tour he has worse inaudible keyboards. Do you hear something?
  2. Their appereance of the stage. Floor is awesome, but the dudes are so.. stiff. They play totally emotionless. (Look at Emppu). 
  3. I miss Hate Me (Hitchcock) note at Slaying the Dreamer screaming part.

Edit: Floor fails hard :P

3 hours ago, Imagineer said:

Wow I didn’t expect them to play Pharaoh, especially that soon. 

@Ahasverusyou won :P

Give me the moneyzzz

It's just an amazing song. 

BTW, Assassin's Creed Origins new expansion Curse of the Pharaohs comes out today. Quite cheeky marketing ploy Ubisoft. 

No vid yet? The orchestration, I NEED to hear it. Like, I've orchestrated it in my mind for 10 years. I need to hear it now. 

8 hours ago, NWWT said:

They made a change on the third show in Norfolk: 

Norfolk setlist! This set included another old song: 
- - Swapped Sacrament of Wilderness for The Pharaoh Sails to Orion (last played in 2003)
- - This is the 2nd song not included in the Decades release they are playing live (the first one was Come Cover Me) \
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nightwish/2018/the-norva-norfolk-va-63eff2bb.html

(though I do agree it shouldn't replace Sacrament)

8 hours ago, NWWT said:

- - This is the 2nd song not included in the Decades release they are playing live (the first one was Come Cover Me) 

Swanheart is also being partially played live ;)

I know that Tuomas strongly opposes to the idea of releasing re-recorded versions of old songs, but PRETTY PLEASE? A rebooted version of all songs with new orchestrations would be just... Perfect.

I am SO happy the decided to include Pharaoh. Taking out SoW out though... :(

I hope they add at least ONE song from DPP before the weekend, c'mon!!!

ugh, the expectation...! MUST NOT LISTEN!

37 minutes ago, planet_terror said:

I know that Tuomas strongly opposes to the idea of releasing re-recorded versions of old songs, but PRETTY PLEASE? A rebooted version of all songs with new orchestrations would be just... Perfect.

Indeed. Just mark it as a special occasion or something. 

And I'm not giving you a cent back @Imagineer, I already spent it on blackjack and male hookers. You're invited if you'd like :P

Just now, Ahasverus said:

I already spent it on blackjack and male hookers.

Lol a perfect Decades party

No Pharaoh Sails To Orion then? And no one here attended the show and can confirm otherwise? :( So basically, @some_dude_on_the_interwebs posted two of my baby pictures for nothing.

Well, there is still hope, right? There's still a lot more tour to go. It just makes more sense to me to replace Devil with Pharaoh, if anything. Although, I'll still take the former.

1 hour ago, WhiteLagoon said:

It seems Pharaoh was false </3 The setlist has been edited again...

yElXqQ9.gif

3 hours ago, WhiteLagoon said:

Swanheart is also being partially played live ;)

And it sounds fantastic.

Looks like we've been bamboozled.  Knew it was too good to be true.  setlist.fm isn't quite as reliable of a source as people say.  Some stupid fangirl is putting "Elvenjig" as an actual song in the set.  It's not a song, its a short jam, and Swanheart shouldn't count either.

They did not play Pharaoh Sails to Orion last night. I was there. What the heck is Elvenjig, setlist.fm editor person?! Okay then. I am done.:)

2 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

So how long does the set last?

Around two hours, I believe. I didn't check exact times, though. I was too excited! Sorry.:)

6 minutes ago, ElsaMantaI305 said:

They did not play Pharaoh Sails to Orion last night. I was there. What the heck is Elvenjig, setlist.fm editor person?! Okay then. I am done.:)

Setlist.fm has listed it once again. On the other hand, Elvenjig is Elvenpath's new intro and it has actually been played in the tour.

2 minutes ago, WhiteLagoon said:

Setlist.fm has listed it once again. On the other hand, Elvenjig is Elvenpath's new intro and it has actually been played in the tour.

Oh my gosh, now I'm wondering if I am just being totally stupid or something. I was so happy last night that it's very well I could have mixed up something. Don't listen to me then.:/ I apologize if I made a dumb mistake.

I apologize in advance: They have to remove The Carpenter from the setlist. Awful, boring song. Yeah, I said that. Sorry guys!

It should be replaced with Nightingale or other goodie from Oceanborn / Wishmaster.

1 minute ago, Nightwalker said:

I apologize in advance: They have to remove The Carpenter from the setlist. Awful, boring song. Yeah, I said that. Sorry guys!

It should be replaced with Nightingale or other goodie from Oceanborn / Wishmaster.

I don't think it's a bad song per se... It's just that it sounds awful both by Tuomas/Tarja and Troy/Floor. Any AFF song would be better instead of it.

5 minutes ago, Nightwalker said:

Angels Fall First is a beautiful song and deserves to come back. 

1 minute ago, Ahasverus said:

Angels Fall First is a beautiful song and deserves to come back. 

Yeah, It will be good also, forgot about that one.

Oh someone edited the setlist back to Sacrament of Wilderness. I feel better now. I was starting to feel really stupid if I mixed up songs. I was positive it was Sacrament of Wilderness but when I saw the setlist changed I thought I must have messed up. Good grief.

2 minutes ago, ElsaMantaI305 said:

Oh someone edited the setlist back to Sacrament of Wilderness. I feel better now. I was starting to feel really stupid if I mixed up songs. I was positive it was Sacrament of Wilderness but when I saw the setlist changed I thought I must have messed up. Good grief.

There is video proof as well 

And that user is is in Norfolk + the timing of his other videos on the same day must be live recording at the norva.

redditors list that was originally used for the first setlist.fm post must have mixed it up.