Marius

Decades World Tour 2018

2,235 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Slayed Dreamer said:

Same thing from the other side of the venue/closer to stage :) That must have been quite something!

Coool! :D

I love the operatic way Floor is singing the "The one in the deep blue" part on DCOW. Reminds me of Tarja, who always sang better that part. Not a fan of Floor's ol dscream. Sounds great now.

51 minutes ago, Ahasverus said:

I love the operatic way Floor is singing the "The one in the deep blue" part on DCOW. Reminds me of Tarja, who always sang better that part.

Me too!! :D

I'm still in awe of Floor's range.

I love Floor's aggressive vocals, but only for aggressive songs like Romanticide and Yours Is an Empty Hope (or parts of songs that are meant to be more aggressive like the "adoring beast" part of Ghost Love Score). Although I will admit some songs I had never imagined being sung that way sound surprisingly good with more aggressive vocals, like Ghost River (which they need to bring back on the next tour).

But Dark Chest of Wonders is not one of them. While still enjoyable, I feel like that song calls for vocals that invoke a sense of magic and wonder. Something I really like about Floor is that she's capable of pulling off semi-classical vocals (which I think is what Tarja tried to do on Once, but it just didn't work because her education won't allow her to, as it could mess with her classical technique). I'm talking about a kind of vocal style that seems to be rather unique to symphonic metal. A good example would be the vocalisation that Floor does during the intro to 10th Man Down. Sharon can also pull it off. Simone too. Many of the songs by Nightwish sound amazing with this kind of vocals, and Dark Chest of Wonders is no exception. Only the "deep blue" portion requires a more traditionally classical approach. And it does seem like Floor is gravitating towards singing the song in this way, which pleases my ears.

There is something I don't like about Floor's take on DCOW! Why she doesn't sing the first verses? Tarja and Anette did so, and Floor can do it too

1 hour ago, Serena said:

There is something I don't like about Floor's take on DCOW! Why she doesn't sing the first verses? Tarja and Anette did so, and Floor can do it too

I think it's more epic that Floor doesn't sing those verses. The choir backround is like a distant magical calling for an adventure, and Floor's the child answering that calling :D

20 minutes ago, TheSnowyOwl said:

I think it's more epic that Floor doesn't sing those verses. The choir backround is like a distant magical calling for an adventure, and Floor's the child answering that calling :D

Nah just doesn't work!!

I was at the Buenos Aires gig and for some reason I never wrote my short review.

I don't really want to write anything other than: Ghost Love Score. I have been to 5 Nightwish concerts and have seen it performed every single time, by both Anette and Floor (3 times with the Floorgasm), and it just gets to me everytime, I find msyelf crying every single time they play it! I just can't believe it's always the highlight of the night for me.

Also, TGSOE produces the same impact for me, specially the "us, sleeping" phrase. I burst into tears with that one and the "we were here".

2 hours ago, planet_terror said:

I don't really want to write anything other than: Ghost Love Score. I have been to 5 Nightwish concerts and have seen it performed every single time, by both Anette and Floor (3 times with the Floorgasm), and it just gets to me everytime, I find msyelf crying every single time they play it! I just can't believe it's always the highlight of the night for me.

I understand you!! :D

On 10/10/2018 at 2:42 AM, Slayed Dreamer said:

Same thing from the other side of the venue/closer to stage :) That must have been quite something!

WOW! I cant wait for the dvd....

¿What did Floor say? I Didin't understand her.

32 minutes ago, Nihilist said:

¿What did Floor say? I Didin't understand her.

She said:

"All we wanted were some tears back - but we got a whole song with it!"

55 minutes ago, Magnus said:

She said:

"All we wanted were some tears back - but we got a whole song with it!"

jajajaj. Thanks!

Now that the South American leg of the Decades tour is over, Europe is finally next. Wondering if there will be changes in the setlist. I prefer Dark Chest of Wonders over End of all Hope, that's why I wouldn't mind if they play DCOW at the gig I'm going to instead of EOAH. I can hardly wait to hear Ghost Love Score and The Greatest Show on Earth live again. And as I mentioned some time earlier I'm dying to hear Deep Silent Complete, Gethsemane and Devil and the Deep Dark Ocean.

I'm seeing Nightwish in less than two weeks from now. It feels unreal. I haven't really let that fact sink in. Hopefully I will have a blast. I'm really nervous and at the same time looking forward to the concert. It's the first time I will see them since 2012 and that was one of my favourite concerts. I hope that the Decades show will be as good :music:

19 minutes ago, The Name Of The Wind said:

I'm seeing Nightwish in less than two weeks from now. It feels unreal. I haven't really let that fact sink in. Hopefully I will have a blast. I'm really nervous and at the same time looking forward to the concert. It's the first time I will see them since 2012 and that was one of my favourite concerts. I hope that the Decades show will be as good :music:

Have a nice time!!

2 weeks for the Berlin show and I am so goddamn excited it's not even real! I honestly haven't waited for a concert like this in  a long time and my expectations are so high right now it is going to be pretty much impossible to exceed them. And they are playing really close to where I live in! The one question I do have is if I should skip my only lecture on that day or not :P Just please, please, please play End of All Hope and not Dark Chest and it will be all good. I am also prepared to cry like a little boy during Dead Boy's Poem because that song is ;_____;

26 minutes ago, Serena said:

No DATDDO? No Gethsemane? Oh come on....:rolleyes:

Basic choice of songs..... too basic choice of songs. As if there weren't enough live videos for Nemo and Wish I Had An Angel... :ermm:

At least it's probably the best live vocal take of Nemo ever officially recorded.

That is a shame in song choices for this. I would have understood one of those fan favorites, but, not two of them. At least we have End of All Hope. Oh well, the DVD will be out sometime next year and have an amazing 20 song set.

So excited for the European Tour! And for so many fans to finally catch this amazing tour. I am sure it is even better now. When I caught them in Baltimore, it was only the third show of the entire Decades run, and the band was still finding their groove after so much time off. By the Philadelphia show two shows later, they were on their game. I didn't get to see any shows after that, but, I know they're having quite a run now. I bet the shows in Europe will be amazing. It's next Friday already!

16 hours ago, Magnus said:

At least it's probably the best live vocal take of Nemo ever officially recorded.

Dunnow but I prefer the Luna Park performance of Nemo - except that Floor let the audience sung some parts of the first verse.

Despite of the poor mixing of Wacken videos (as usual), here is a nice performance of Nemo, with Marco adding nice extra vocals to the chorus :)