Marius

Decades World Tour 2018

2,355 posts in this topic

It's still better mixed tha any previous Wacken performance, or most other gigs. Epica's mix was a big mess.

7 hours ago, Nightwalker said:

Despite of the poor mixing of Wacken videos (as usual), here is a nice performance of Nemo, with Marco adding nice extra vocals to the chorus :)

Cool!!! :D

ONE MORE NIGHT TO... SLEEP?!

Things haven't gone super smooth this time around. I've had issues with a wisdom tooth since last Tuesday. My brother managed to catch a cold this week of all weeks. (Doing better though.) My sister is taking a plane from London to Warsaw, switch plane, to Gothenburg just for this. But I do think we're on track for tomorrow!

And that's the most exciting part. Not only seeing Nightwish live, but sharing the experience with my mother, brother and sister. The more people who enjoy their music, the better. Seriously. It's personal. :D

Also really looking forward to Sacrament of Wilderness, Elvenjig, 10th Man Down, especially Dead Boy's Poem... which I have basically not heard any of, in these new versions. What are the odds they've changed up the setlist a bit, you think?

And who else is seeing them in Gothenburg tomorrow? :horns:

I’m seeing them in 25 days! Can’t wait! I don’t expect any big changes. Maybe Wishmaster instead of Amaranth or DCOW instead of Eoah in some shows? But it would be awesome if they played a “new” oldie!

Dark Chest of Wonders is a better song than End of All Hope. And my mom's favorite Nightwish song. It's also their best show opener. For the record, Shudder Before the Beautiful is just a cheap wannabe. But I'm still expecting End of All Hope tomorrow, and that's fine, because this is Decades.

One more thing I forgot about...!

Floor speaks Swedish or we riot.

7 hours ago, NeoGeorg said:

ONE MORE NIGHT TO... SLEEP?!

Things haven't gone super smooth this time around. I've had issues with a wisdom tooth since last Tuesday. My brother managed to catch a cold this week of all weeks. (Doing better though.) My sister is taking a plane from London to Warsaw, switch plane, to Gothenburg just for this. But I do think we're on track for tomorrow!

And that's the most exciting part. Not only seeing Nightwish live, but sharing the experience with my mother, brother and sister. The more people who enjoy their music, the better. Seriously. It's personal. :D

Also really looking forward to Sacrament of Wilderness, Elvenjig, 10th Man Down, especially Dead Boy's Poem... which I have basically not heard any of, in these new versions. What are the odds they've changed up the setlist a bit, you think?

And who else is seeing them in Gothenburg tomorrow? :horns:

Nice! See you there! Will be on the train to Gothenburg in a few hours

@Magnus We actually have one spare ticket if you suddenly find out that you can go :)

11 minutes ago, Marius said:

We actually have one spare ticket if you suddenly find out that you can go :)

Magnus look!!

That's nice! But I don't think I've got the means to travel to Gothenburg tomorrow. Otherwise I'd gladly have taken you up on that offer.

11 minutes ago, Magnus said:

That's nice! But I don't think I've got the means to travel to Gothenburg tomorrow. Otherwise I'd gladly have taken you up on that offer.

What a pity!

I know. It's my own fault. I should have planned things better. At least I get to enjoy the Blu-ray later on :)

1 minute ago, Magnus said:

At least I get to enjoy the Blu-ray later on :)

So will I!!!

You're not going to see them on this tour either?

I'm kind of bummed out that I'll be missing the show tomorrow. But travelling back and forth to Gothenburg alone is like 90 euro, and then there's the cost of the ticket and having no place to stay during the night (since the next train back home doesn't depart until Saturday morning, on top of everything I've already made plans for the weekend). If I had bothered to actually plan ahead it wouldn't have been as much as an issue.  Next time they're touring I'll be catching them live for sure. Would love to see them to play in Malmö again at some point though.

1 hour ago, Magnus said:

You're not going to see them on this tour either?

No.... And I thought this was gonna be the time! (sigh)

I hope everyone going to tonight's kick-off show of the European run has fun!! :)

It's a memorable tour for sure. I don't expect any major setlist changes at this point, but, we never know.

Just a few hours left now! Regarding Floor speaking Swedish, I think she will! :) I hope so any way, it would feel a little bit weird if she didn't at least say something.

It still feels unreal.

I've heard they're selling the Northwards record at the merch. And the new book. (heard = read online so take with a grain of salt)

49 minutes ago, Eilenna said:

Just a few hours left now! Regarding Floor speaking Swedish, I think she will! :) I hope so any way, it would feel a little bit weird if she didn't at least say something.

It still feels unreal.

I've heard they're selling the Northwards record at the merch. And the new book. (heard = read online so take with a grain of salt)

Buy everything you can!! :D

Front row in Gothenburg 😄😄 Will keep you updated if there’s anything new in the set

53 minutes ago, Marius said:

Front row in Gothenburg 😄😄 Will keep you updated if there’s anything new in the set

Have so much fun! :D

I'm here as well. Beast in Black are playing. Their music is not my cup of tea, too power metal, but they play competently.

The venue sound seems pretty good.  I haven't been to a concert here before. Vocals are very clear, so that bodes well :) (so loud though. #gettingold)

The floor is slowly filling up. I think it's near sold out tonight, but not everyone has arrived yet.

This song "Do you remember" is nice, got a bit stronger crowd reaction too.

So did "crazy mad insane". More experimental, nice.

Opening with Dark Chest of Wonders again. Not that I don't love that song, just too bad because End of All Hope isn't played much as it is.

Oh well, I hope those of you attending still enjoy the show :D . I'm sure it'll be epic.