Marius

Decades World Tour 2018

2,355 posts in this topic

@SamB12In Gothenburg it was (in my opinion) too loud to listen without earplugs, but I could move my earplugs a little bit out of the ear. I use the alpine ear plugs. So, loud, but not extremely.

Dark Chest of Wonders is the best opener, and I'm glad they played it, but the best thing would of course have been having both songs on the setlist. End of All Hope also helped drawing me to Nightwish's music all those years ago, with it's "dark and epic" feeling (just like Within Temptation's Our Solemn Hour) and being like nothing I had ever heard before. So it's not that I don't enjoy the song. But it seems unlikely they will make another place for it other than as a potential opener. Hmm.

Nightwish just keeps disappointing with their setlist. This is supposed to be the Dacedes tour, not the Once tour. :( Nothing wrong with Dark Chest of Wonders, but why did it have to replace End of All Hope. We will probably never hear EOAH live again... And why drop Deep Silent Complete and keep crap like Amaranth in the set?

There better be a nice surprise before the Finland shows. I know I'm just one fan, who cares, right? But I also know many share my disappointment. I mean, why keep the setlist pretty much the same throughout the whole tour, with a couple of questionable changes only??

I went to the Berlin show last night and here is my review:

I cried to Sacrament of Wilderness.

End of review.

Thank you and have a nice day.

17 hours ago, Peteo said:

Nightwish just keeps disappointing with their setlist. This is supposed to be the Dacedes tour, not the Once tour. :( Nothing wrong with Dark Chest of Wonders, but why did it have to replace End of All Hope. We will probably never hear EOAH live again... And why drop Deep Silent Complete and keep crap like Amaranth in the set?

There better be a nice surprise before the Finland shows. I know I'm just one fan, who cares, right? But I also know many share my disappointment. I mean, why keep the setlist pretty much the same throughout the whole tour, with a couple of questionable changes only??

A good change would be to keep Dark Chest as an opener and switch out Wish I Had an Angel for End of All Hope. EOAE had it's place as the second song during the Century Child tour, so would be nice callback :) 

Dark Chest of Wonders from the show in Copenhagen 3-11-2018, I do also have recorded Beast in Blacks "Blind and Frozen" if anyone wanna see it aswell.

Is blind and frozen the only good song of beast in black? Listened to a couple others and they were not great..

36 minutes ago, SamB12 said:

Is blind and frozen the only good song of beast in black? Listened to a couple others and they were not great..

Well I for once love all of Beast in Black's songs. But I do belive that the best of their songs are: Blind and Frozen, Berserker, Eternal fire, Crazy mad insane, Ghost in the rain (If you like slower songs), The fifth angel and Blood of a Lion.

Jealous of some of the merch being offered on the European run.

If anyone is able to hook me up with the signed book in English, that would be awesome. And it looks like some signed Northward vinyls at shows too. :D I would have totally gotten that book signed at my VIP, but, the English one wasn't released by the US tour, unfortunately.

Looks like Amaranth was replaced by Last Ride of the Day yesterday :)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nightwish/2018/lotto-arena-merksem-belgium-1b965148.html

That still improved the setlist a lot. However, replacing EOAH with DCOW is a disaster in my books. The latter has been played so much, and well, the first one happens to be my favorite Nightwish song. :)

2 hours ago, Majestico said:

That still improved the setlist a lot. However, replacing EOAH with DCOW is a disaster in my books. The latter has been played so much, and well, the first one happens to be my favorite Nightwish song. :)

Maybe EOAH just ins’t that fun to play compared to DCOW? :P It is a very basic song after all. They need to have fun as well to deliver a great show

I saw they put Last Ride of the Day in. I suppose replacing Amaranth with it is fine. However, it's still too bad they haven't brought back EOAH and DSC for the European shows. In fact, it really surprises me. I thought of all the legs of this tour, Europe would be the one leg to really get a focus on these old songs, since Europe is where the band got started. Any fans from Day 1, would be European fans.

I get the idea of being tired of playing certain songs. So why not replace those two songs with two more much older songs, rarely played? I'm sure fans wouldn't complain if they replaced EOAH with Pharaoh Sails to Orion ;) .

Still, despite the minor setlist issues, the shows do look amazing. While I love the small club shows we still get in the US, I would love to see one big production Nightwish show one day.

Was I imagining things, or are the Dead Boy's lines in Dead Boy's Poem new? As in re-recorded? I could have swear the current voice emphasizes some words a bit differently and has a different... tone, compared to the original.

And while I'm already on about differences, why do they still prefer playing Élan live with the flute instead of the pipes?

6 hours ago, CenturyChild625 said:

I'm sure fans wouldn't complain if they replaced EOAH with Pharaoh Sails to Orion ;) .

Oh gosh, Pharaoh is one of my top songs I wish I could hear live.  I fear I never will.  :(

1 hour ago, NeoGeorg said:

Was I imagining things, or are the Dead Boy's lines in Dead Boy's Poem new? As in re-recorded? I could have swear the current voice emphasizes some words a bit differently and has a different... tone, compared to the original. 

It is a different voice! Maybe is Floor's voice?

I'm pretty sure it's the same voice that just sounds a bit strange against the new background. Mayhaps they've digitally lowered the pitch or done some other kind of studio wizardry but I'm almost certain it's not re-recorded.

Last Ride of the Day > Amaranth

That's just a fact.  Still it's not Deep Silent Complete (or EOAH)

@MyrowSee, that's what I assumed at first! But changing the pitch won't change the pronunciation or emphasization! I dunno... I have to do some proper comparisons. If it is a new voice, they really found a great impression of the old one.

19 hours ago, NeoGeorg said:

Some of us noticed the same when the tour started earlier this year. The whole phrasing is different and I'm pretty sure it's not because of the pitch being lowered. I think someone in here left the Twitter account of the guy (if I'm not mistaken or daydreaming anyway) who originally recorded the song, but I didn't dare to ask him.